23518 Lite ROM

Guest Shemmy

I have a new ROM ready! It's another lite ROM, and is best suited for people who want to customize their apps and UI. The only Samsung applications that are left on here are the photo viewer and video editor. The former is there because I haven't found a way to remove it without completely breaking the photo plugin for Titanium and the latter is there because it didn't make sense to remove it when the camera is one of the i920's stellar features.

The pagepool has been increased from 20MB to 24MB. While this does reduce the available RAM by about 4MB, it should also speed things up a bit. I have also cooked in a few things to either improve on performance or to address issues with the phone: Chainfire's openGL drivers, Advanced Configuration Tool, Smart Lock, Orientation Detection, and the newest version of Microsoft My Phone.

Perhaps the best thing, however, is that I've resolved the dependency on SPlugins_480x800.cpr! It and the related files have been removed from my ROM, so that Titanium only uses Titanium_480x800.cpr, like every other WVGA device. This means that any Titanium plugins or themes will work without the need for any sort of modification.

The ROM is available here and photos are below:

today.pngmemory.pngversion.png

Flashing instructions for octans can be found here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/

Please make sure you are using the regular octans loader, and not octans mini.

Repository for Samsung apps is here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...abs-repository/

I have to thank Wozzer for geting a working kitchen, and for using me as a test mule to get that working kitchen. I also need to thank Radioman - I had double-checked my removed files against his list, and I think he saved me from borking a few things.

EDIT: uploaded a corrected ROM version, fixing a major ring tone bug

Edited by Shemmy

Guest Omega Ra
Thanks for the link. I'm doing the last of the OEMs right now, then I'll test the rest of the day.

cool. Am curious to check it out. I miss my 6.5.3 from my i910...hopefully we can figure out the phone button thing...

Guest Omega Ra
HTC Task manager doesn't work with WM6.5.x.

D'oh! I forgot about that clock in the corner! it installs in 6.5.3, but because the clock is persistent in the corner and you can't get rid of it it won't work...crap...

D'oh! I forgot about that clock in the corner! it installs in 6.5.3, but because the clock is persistent in the corner and you can't get rid of it it won't work...crap...

Won't advance config let me get rid of the clock?

Guest WoZZeR999

The clock isn't the problem. It's the new drop down bar on 23518 that causes the problems. Also the HTC task manager won't close instead of minimize because the X button location changed. I recommend using Arkswitch, it works good. I have not had much luck with AMeBa to make the X actually close instead of minimize.

Guest DirtySanchez

What about Showcase or TaskFacade4 those have been some good apps for the i910 & Win 6.5.X, & if you used these ones can you map the Task Mgr to a button?

As for me im waiting on you expert chefs to get a kitchen open & off the ground for the i920 before I upgrade.

Just looked at arkswitch and i agree that one looks good as well

Edited by DirtySanchez

Guest WoZZeR999
What about Showcase or TaskFacade4 those have been some good apps for the i910 & Win 6.5.X, & if you used these ones can you map the Task Mgr to a button?

As for me im waiting on you expert chefs to get a kitchen open & off the ground for the i920 before I upgrade.

Just looked at arkswitch and i agree that one looks good as well

I have about 90% of the kitchen done and released. It's in the rom dump thread. The only thing left to try to integrate is XIP porting.

Guest DirtySanchez
I have about 90% of the kitchen done and released. It's in the rom dump thread. The only thing left to try to integrate is XIP porting.

Wow i dont think my smile has gone away, & i saw Bgill got his as well, So looks like im calling my VZ rep. :)

& seeing how u would be the man to ask between HTC & Samsung which do you think offer the most with there hardware?

Also between the i910 & the TP2 or Imagio ( I'm not a huge fan of sliding keyboards) execpt the OLED it looks like the HTC product has some better internal components than the i920 ie: GPU, Ram, & some of the roms on XDA seem to offer a few more things in the HTC roms compared to other manufactures. So long story short HTC or Others? whats your opinion?

Okay, I've flashed what I feel to be the ROM I want to post for download. I want to use it for the rest of the day before I decide whether or not to post it or revise it. Right now, I think I'll release it tonight! The following are the unofficial official specs:

REMOVED: too much crap to list

KEPT: Samsung Calendar, Samsung Touch Player, Samsung Alarm/Clock, Video Editor, Samsung Photo Viewer, My Phone

ADDED: Advanced Config, ArkSwitch, SmartLock (for WM 6.5 lock!), OpenGL, Orientation Detection

MEMORY: ~230MB free storage and ~85MB of RAM at boot (drops down to ~82 with arkswitch enabled and smartlock set to WM 6.5 lock)

The only real issue is the known problem with the phone button. Without the Samsung Dialer, the phone button doesn't work, and AEButton Plus won't change that. My work-around is to assign button 1 to the phone application.

Edited by Shemmy

Guest Omega Ra
Okay, I've flashed what I feel to be the ROM I want to post for download. I want to use it for the rest of the day before I decide whether or not to post it or revise it. Right now, I think I'll release it tonight! The following are the unofficial official specs:

KEPT: Samsung Calendar, Samsung Touch Player, Samsung Alarm/Clock, Video Editor, Samsung Photo Viewer, My Phone

ADDED: Advanced Config, ArkSwitch, SmartLock (for WM 6.5 lock!), OpenGL, Orientation Detection

MEMORY: ~230MB free storage and ~85MB of RAM at boot (drops down to ~82 with arkswitch enabled and smartlock set to WM 6.5 lock)

The only real issue is the known problem with the phone button. Without the Samsung Dialer, the phone button doesn't work, and AEButton Plus won't change that. My work-around is to assign button 1 to the phone application.

looking good :) I tend to dial from contacts or Voice Command so the fact that the phone button doesn't work isn't THAT big a deal, but hopefully someone can find a way around that issue as if I did need to dial a number my instinct is to hit the phone button to bring up the dialer.

Guest Omega Ra

Oh, I forgot to ask. Is the weird issue where the threaded texts don't go to the bottom and don't get marked as read fixed? I know they figured out how to fix it on the i910 so hopefully that is fixed now.

Guest chesterbro

I cant wait!!!

Thanks... I'm open to feedback, since it's my first.

Ill flash it later tonight im in the kitchen myself pretty busy with it, I kinda want a rom that begins where I left off from the i910 so in rewriting all my cprs to match the new resolution! so it should be a fun few days for me!!!!

Edited by bga7x