[28mar] DUSK (G-B-R) Taskbar & BLACK theme & EXTRAS~ tacchan23 edition

Guest tacchan23

Guest tacchan23
hey. tacchan23 i really appreciate your work, could you by chance let us know where to get a dialer skin like that? ty

You can find the dialer skin in the Themes I made (link in my signature)

(you can install the Dialer cab without the Theme too)

Guest dwallersv

tacchan -- two somewhat different questions: What's the "bottom bar", and is it specific to a certain shell?

2, I've been struggling with customizing icons, and doing it blindly. Basically, extracting files like shellres.192.dll, etc., looking through it, and modifying icons with icon tools I've found on the net. Is there any documentation anywhere that you could point me to that explains how all this works? Like how do I figure out which icons in which dlls are actually being used (the task you're trying to pin down with the CDMA issue, for instance)? Could you share the tools you are using, and a brief summary of your methodology?

I'd really appreciate it. I'd like to get into this game too, and hopefully make some icon sets to share with the community. Heck, maybe even hack up a tool to make it easy for anyone to hack up TB icons without having to know the ins and outs of dlls, resources, which ones are relevant for WM6.5 on the omnia, etc.

Guest dwallersv
I made a version for wm 6.5

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=46456

Anybody could test it (at his own risk of course^^) as I don't have wm6.5 installed? (should work for both GSM and CDMA)

Looks good -- the 3G icon is working on the 920 now too.

Just to make sure I'm not mistaking something that could be a bug, you changed the signal "bars" to just little squares, right?

Also, if there are "large icons" to replace the native ones (a feature I have enabled and really like a lot), they aren't replaced on the 920. Looked like you did some of those from the screenshots back in the first post.

Oh, and finally, thanks for the pointer on taskbar icon development -- just what I've been looking for! I tried to pay back in that thread you started about shortcuts to get straight to various settings screens :-) I plan to put together a CAB with the shortcuts I've made and post it to make this easier for everyone.

Guest tacchan23
Looks good -- the 3G icon is working on the 920 now too.

Just to make sure I'm not mistaking something that could be a bug, you changed the signal "bars" to just little squares, right?

Also, if there are "large icons" to replace the native ones (a feature I have enabled and really like a lot), they aren't replaced on the 920. Looked like you did some of those from the screenshots back in the first post.

Oh, and finally, thanks for the pointer on taskbar icon development -- just what I've been looking for! I tried to pay back in that thread you started about shortcuts to get straight to various settings screens :-) I plan to put together a CAB with the shortcuts I've made and post it to make this easier for everyone.

Yes, the differnt kind of signals have been made trough the small squares (this is the CDMA icons made for the original taskbar, maybe they are not the "best" but I'm not very good with graphics to get something better^^ if anyone can make some better icons for CDMA and send me, I'll be happy to replace them).

The "large icons" are a new feature of WM 6.5.x, so they aren't available on wm 6.5. The ones you are using now should be the Samsung Large Indicator application (and I have no idea how to skin it).

If you can post some of the shortcuts you made (no need for a cab I think), you'll save me some time! (I'm trying to make a blue version of the taskbar now^^)

Guest tacchan23
The icon of wm, in the top left corner not change... remains the original in white color.

Any easy solution?

Thanks.

Mmm, I think I made a mistake... could someone post some screenshots about the WM icon and also volume icon and activeSync?

Guest dwallersv
Yes, the differnt kind of signals have been made trough the small squares (this is the CDMA icons made for the original taskbar, maybe they are not the "best" but I'm not very good with graphics to get something better^^ if anyone can make some better icons for CDMA and send me, I'll be happy to replace them).

The "large icons" are a new feature of WM 6.5.x, so they aren't available on wm 6.5. The ones you are using now should be the Samsung Large Indicator application (and I have no idea how to skin it).

If you can post some of the shortcuts you made (no need for a cab I think), you'll save me some time! (I'm trying to make a blue version of the taskbar now^^)

Brightness settings: \windows\setting_t.exe /sc_br

Power settings: \windows\setting_a.exe /pw

USB Connection settings: \windows\setting_b.exe /USBconnectionMode

Buttons settings: \windows\setting_t.exe /bu

Wifi settings: \windows\setting_WiFi.exe /wifi

See this post for a general procedure to figure these out (for settings pages you might care about that I've never bothered with).

As for the CAB, two reasons for it: 1) Makes this easy for less sophisticated users and adds the shortcuts all in one step, and 2) Can include appropriate icons for the shortcuts to make it cleaner and more "professional".

So I'll still be putting that together sometime this week :)

Edited by dwallersv

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tacchan23

Relased final version (hopefully^^) of wm6.5 taskbar.

Relased final version (hopefully^^) of CDMA fix (for both wm6.5 and 6.5.x).

Let me know if there are problems.

tacchan23_Dusk_Taskbar_wm6.5 fixed start icon issue

Fix for CDMA with two different kind of style for signal icons (choose and install just one of the below cabs, they work for both wm6.5 and wm6.5.x):

tacchan23_Dusk_Taskbar_CDMAfix Mine same signal icons as in the GSM version

tacchan23_Dusk_Taskbar_CDMAfix Original signal icons as in the original dusk cdma fix

Guest tacchan23
Problems with new taskbar wm 6.5

Now:no start icon, no ok/X button and signal icon is always totally in red.

Second reinstallation it freezes my phone.

:D

really dont get what i did wrong :D

can anyone else confirm?

maybe there was some problems with wm6.5 cab, I reuploaded it. please let me know if it's working

http://www.4shared.com/file/220883860/2ee9...ar_VGA_wm6.html

Guest tacchan23

As I don't have much time lately to flash my phone back to wm6.5, could someone test something for me?

After installing the wm6.5 cab (which is not working properly), could you manually delete the file shellres.192.dll in Window dir (and soft reset)? and let me know which taskbar icons are reverted back to standard WinMo icons?

Also, could someone extract the shellres.192.dll from the original Samsung ROM? (before installing my cab or after uninstalling it) To extract the file from ROM, you can use attached application.

ROMExtractor.zip

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi Tacchan23,

Nice taskbar.

Works well on 6.5.5.

Am having a bluetooth icon problem - shows up in white.

Installed your BT Icon Notifier from page 1, but nothing changes.

I am using selected items for today screen & resco today plugin.

Any ideas?