Nexus One Dock, anyone?

Guest cezent

Guest Amdathlonuk

Paul

BrumBrum74

If I can sort it out (which I'm trying to do with my contacts in the states) then you are both earmarked for one.

I figure I can put two in my Laptop bag and two in my luggage and maybe one down my pants or something. :)

Guest Amdathlonuk
Paul

BrumBrum74

Nesousx

If I can sort it out (which I'm trying to do with my contacts in the states) then you are earmarked for one.

I figure I can put two in my Laptop bag and two in my luggage and maybe one down my pants or something. :)

Im up for a group buy, Im also going to see if I can I have any colleagues coming over form the US that can get it for me, not hopefull though.

One thing, take note on the install in this youtube where he unboxes the unit and then has to wipe the device! :

Im going to call Google Monday if I can..

Also note that it comes with a US charger, no need for a UK one, just buy this and add it on the plug

Plug

Guest bobtentpeg

Works just fine with a (properly and carefully installed) Zagg invisible shield

The "home" soft button in dock mode brings up the clock app and not your launcher of choice

jcpan.jasdasdasd.png

jbYdk.DSCN0867.JPG

jcaf8.DSCN0868.JPG

Edited by bobtentpeg

looks pretty nice. if only it could sync... ;(

Im still using gSyncit and its been working brilliantly for me as now gives me wireless sync

Outlook on PC > Gmail > Nexus

Never a hiccup and it does tasks and notes too!

My Nexus One doc arrived (actually my two docs arrived).

Well expensive but hey, its really nice and it saves scratching around trying to plug the usb in every night.

Mrs R used to have an iphone (nexus convert) and the dock was the 30 pin connector so it wasn't always straight forward to plug in. The nexus just drops in nicely.

Guest Peter sf
It's the same with the phone itself, I bought 2 and had to pay 2x 30$ shipping. I bet it could be cheaper if they shipped them together.

But I guess this is the fastest way of working for Google.

folks, there's these US-Services that buy for you, collect and then even do send the stuff overseas in one shipment. Example http://www.myus.com/. Others even buy your stuff out of Oregon, where there's no sales tax, so you save the typical 10% which is another 50 bucks on a N1.

Don't know about the others, but http://www.myus.com/ worked fine for a friend of mine in Switzerland who bought an N1 through US-Proxy and had it sent to Zurich.

I live in the US and am travelling to Europe every now and then - but I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing goods like this for more than one person. I only do this for family, as I don't want to run into trouble with the paranoid heathrow security crowd and the customs in Switzerland as well. I would expect it to be the same for most travellers.

ONE more question:

please can someone explane me how does the hell BT dock streaming work???...I am not sure to understand how it should. I supposed I could stream music from Nexus to BT speakers...and this would have been just unusefull since N1 is still provided of A2DP function. So, when dock connects to BT fo music bla bla...what the hell is for???

THX to all!

ONE more question:

please can someone explane me how does the hell BT dock streaming work???...I am not sure to understand how it should. I supposed I could stream music from Nexus to BT speakers...and this would have been just unusefull since N1 is still provided of A2DP function. So, when dock connects to BT fo music bla bla...what the hell is for???

THX to all!

the dock should be connected to speakers/your stereo/whatever.

then you pair the nexus with the dock and the music playing on the nexus gets streamed to your dock.

so you can run around with the phone and still listen to its music on your speakers.

this is not useful for me in any way, but maybe someone else likes it ;)

Guest Shuflie
ONE more question:

THX to all!

Like xkonni said you can connect the dock to you hifi then stream via A2DP from the phone to the dock. The main point of this is that not everyone has a set of BT speakers, but most will have a hifi or some sort of sound system that will accept two RCA inputs. You don't even need to carry the phone around with you, it can charge (and keep itself charged) while you're listening to the music. Would be nice if it could be used as a handsfree kit with extra loud speakers too, but that might be a bit much to expect, maybe the car kit will have this functionality ;)

Im still using gSyncit and its been working brilliantly for me as now gives me wireless sync

Outlook on PC > Gmail > Nexus

Never a hiccup and it does tasks and notes too!

Bought the original dock, pretty good solution for a bedside alarm/photo frame alternative.

Anyway, as a side note, there is a way that works quite well for Outlook calendar synching without going through google calendar

This one works really well

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=65

Basically you install the corporate calendar app from Droid that syncs outlook, and use the widget to display the corporate calendar and add calendar items.

Works like a dream, the only thing you can't do is display agenda on the corporate calendar app but the widget takes care of it.

Just a thought...

• 2 weeks later...