Nexus One Dock, anyone?

Guest cezent

Looks like the Nexus One charging dock is now on google.com/phone. supposed to push the phone into clock mode when charging it on the dock...but at $74.65 including delivery, that's rather expensive!

Guest Deanna4711
Looks like the Nexus One charging dock is now on google.com/phone. supposed to push the phone into clock mode when charging it on the dock...but at $74.65 including delivery, that's rather expensive!

It would be a "nice to have"-Gadget, but to expensive

Guest squirreleater

I can understand the phone shipping direct from the US in the short term, but how difficult is it to rent a warehouse have them here for selling on? $30 shipping every time you buy something is daft.

Pretty poor value for money:

1 Nexus One Desktop Dock USD45.00

1 AC adapter - Country-specific AC adapter USD19.00

1 Shipping - DHL international USD29.65

Tax : USD0.00

Total: USD93.65

My other question: I have a skin onmy phone to protect it, I bet it wont fit because thats on... typically I buy a normal desk stand and use a heat gun to warm it up and stretch the back a little so it fits (ie when you get desk stands where it holds the phone in my the mini USB and a bit of plastic at the back or one of these would do me fine:

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/popups/gallery....;view_img=b.jpg

Edited by TonyL

Tony, if you order that htc-dock, let us know how it fits (with and without skin :) )

unlike the google-dock that one does pass usb through to the phone - which makes it useful for me.

I would imagine HTC must have a warehouse in UK somewhere given they are distributing quite a few handset here..no idea why they would distribute everything nexus one from US..I can only imagine they are in the process of setting up the UK channel (with vodafone perhaps..) pay for international DHL everytime is simply too expensive (and add on top of that the UK custom tax)

I guess the desktop dock will have to wait for now...perhaps until they show up on ebay at more reasonable prices..

Edited by cezent

Ive just logged back in to Google and you can now buy the desktop cradle with or without the UK charger (you can buy a micro USB for £8 online elsewhere)

Its still expensive though..!! I wonder whether Google have patented the cradle with the pins at the bottom that the phone connects through or will others be able to copy that same technology?

Otherwise it will be a cradle similar to my link from mobilefun.co.uk - where is just a moulded base with a microUSB plonked on the bottom for you to sit the phone on... that said, for £13 who really cares!

Tony

The Google Nexus One Dock

desktop_dock.png

The Nexus One Desktop Dock is an elegant place to charge your phone, on your desk or nightstand.

Just drop your phone in the Desktop Dock, and the Clock app launches automatically, making it easy to:

Check the local time and weather

Set and clear alarms

Watch a slideshow of your photos

Play music

Dim your phone's display for nighttime use

We also include a 3.5mm-to-RCA audio cable that allows you to connect the dock to your stereo, so you can listen to your phone's music on your stereo system.

from here

Edited by Nanu*1

Guest mobiwan

Don't forget the Bluetooth streaming of music to the dock.

Too expensive with delivery at the moment....will wait untill there it appears in UK probably have to wait till it appears on ebay.

Agreed it should have a UK stock of some sort

""Don't forget the Bluetooth streaming of music to the dock.""

I dont really see the benefit? They connectt he phone via the pins so it can charge, ok got that... but to get it to play music it has to connect via Bluetooth to the base unit its already docked to in oder to transmit from the phone to the dock and then out via the 3.5mm cable to your music player...

What a pollava - if they'd just stuck to using the micro USB connector at the base of the charging slot then music, charge and everything else would happen via that one connector... No need to Bluetooth

Another thought, if the HTC bravo is due out so soon, then we can use those very same accessories as from what I can see they case around the bottom is identical to that of the Nexus..

Maybe its best to wait, let the market get flooded with spares and voila... £20 max! :)

post-14159-1264771402_thumb.jpg

Guest mobiwan
""Don't forget the Bluetooth streaming of music to the dock.""

I dont really see the benefit? They connectt he phone via the pins so it can charge, ok got that... but to get it to play music it has to connect via Bluetooth to the base unit its already docked to in oder to transmit from the phone to the dock and then out via the 3.5mm cable to your music player...

What a pollava - if they'd just stuck to using the micro USB connector at the base of the charging slot then music, charge and everything else would happen via that one connector... No need to Bluetooth

Another thought, if the HTC bravo is due out so soon, then we can use those very same accessories as from what I can see they case around the bottom is identical to that of the Nexus..

Maybe its best to wait, let the market get flooded with spares and voila... £20 max! :)

to remotely play music on your speakers via the dock controlled from your phone remotley.

this would be so you dont have to go to the dock each time you want to change tracks.

thats how i saw it

been to the t-mobile store today and looked for hd2 docks.

the hd2's micro usb port is turned by 180 deg, compared to the nexus. so unless you like the back of your phone thats not going to work.

lets hope the nexus is not the only htc phone where its orientated like this.

That su... big time - so if you want two - one has to order twice?

It's the same with the phone itself, I bought 2 and had to pay 2x 30$ shipping. I bet it could be cheaper if they shipped them together.

But I guess this is the fastest way of working for Google.

Guest Joost39
It's the same with the phone itself, I bought 2 and had to pay 2x 30$ shipping. I bet it could be cheaper if they shipped them together.

But I guess this is the fastest way of working for Google.

Yeah would prob. be cheaper.