• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mymobilemi

mymobilemi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased some Samsung i920 CDMA for Verizon. I had bought these from Korea and none of them receive any signal over here on the Verizon Network. I looked at the PRL code and it says invalid. I assume that this is the problem. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Snow02

Snow02

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Devices:Omnia SCH-i920

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased some Samsung i920 CDMA for Verizon. I had bought these from Korea and none of them receive any signal over here on the Verizon Network. I looked at the PRL code and it says invalid. I assume that this is the problem. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

PRL stands for preferred roaming list. Have you added the phone to your account and done the programming? If so, I don't know.

And I'm assuming you actually have a verizon CDMA capable phone, despite having been purchased from asia...

Edited by Snow02, 01 February 2010 - 10:37 PM.

Radioman96p71

Radioman96p71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I hope you havent been hosed into getting a lot of GSM phones for CDMA. Without a PRL list in the phone the cellular radio has no idea where to look for signal and what towers its allowed on. There is a way to manually update the PRL with a file using QPST/QXDM. Google PRL files and you will get some hits. Other than that, you will have to take them to a Verizon store to be flashed by them (if they even know how to do that without mailing it in!)

- Radioman96p71
------------------------------
My Files:
ROMs and Files for Samsung i920

* Chefs & Devs: Contact me for free filehosting of Omnia II stuff!

Snow02

Snow02

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Devices:Omnia SCH-i920

I hope you havent been hosed into getting a lot of GSM phones for CDMA. Without a PRL list in the phone the cellular radio has no idea where to look for signal and what towers its allowed on. There is a way to manually update the PRL with a file using QPST/QXDM. Google PRL files and you will get some hits. Other than that, you will have to take them to a Verizon store to be flashed by them (if they even know how to do that without mailing it in!)

Yeah, what about the samsung update? It flashes the radio portion. I honestly don't know enough about it to tell you definitively. I would ask verizon before doing anything. Screenshot your settings-system-version screen.

Edited by Snow02, 02 February 2010 - 06:46 AM.

mymobilemi

mymobilemi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It is a CDMA verizon phone. I will update a screenshot later on today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users