Cooking Tips

Guest Shemmy

Guest Ninja4Hire
A question for the cooks....

Have any of the cooks had any problems with removing Live Search, One Note, CHome or even Office? Each time I remove these folders from the SYS folder in the kitchen and rebuild the rom I get no sound or ringtones. I have removed what I consider all of the crap from the rom but I have been having trouble removing the above files. I know it can be done becuase I have done it while cooking roms for my TP2. I am sure it would help to disable these items in the registry I just have not gotten around to doing it. Just curious if this was an issue for anyone else. I have managed to get about 94mb of ram free but I have no friggin sound at all after removing the last few programs.

No problems for me. I just remove the folders and all is well (no registry edits). I have never removed CHome tho, but the others have given me no problems.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest das7771
No problems for me. I just remove the folders and all is well (no registry edits). I have never removed CHome tho, but the others have given me no problems.

I don't understand why it keeps happening. I have removed everything else with little to no problems. Maybe my kitchen has a corrupted file some where...oh well thanks for the reply ninja.

Guest das7771
Are you using a 6.5 or a 6.5.X build? I've noticed that the 6.5.X builds may lose ring tones after registry cleanups are run.

nope, its the original 21863 kitchen. The link in the rom dump thread for the original kitchen was no longer active, so Wozzer gave me another link. Maybe he gave me the wrong one. I can't get a copy from anyone else, and I have yet to find out how to make my own.

Guest kdkinc
nope, its the original 21863 kitchen. The link in the rom dump thread for the original kitchen was no longer active, so Wozzer gave me another link. Maybe he gave me the wrong one. I can't get a copy from anyone else, and I have yet to find out how to make my own.

Is that the i920 kitchen_7z file you need ??

:P :(

Guest das7771
????

I just DL from post #24 from your post :P :(

:( B)

Ya, that is the new link from Wozzer that I recently got. When he gave it to me he said it "should" be the right one. I was hoping that some one would have the original one from the rom dump thread so that I could compare the two as I have been having trouble removing certain items that no one else seems to be having issues with. Mine seems to be corrupt in some way. Unless it's my comp which I doubt.

Edited by das7771

Guest kdkinc
Ya, that is the new link from Wozzer that I recently got. When he gave it to me he said it "should" be the right one. I was hoping that some one would have the original one from the rom dump thread so that I could compare the two as I have been having trouble removing certain items that no one else seems to be having issues with. Mine seems to be corrupt in some way. Unless it's my comp which I doubt.

sorry can't help :P :(

:( B)

Guest Bern612
I don't understand why it keeps happening. I have removed everything else with little to no problems. Maybe my kitchen has a corrupted file some where...oh well thanks for the reply ninja.

i was having that problem also. It was a hit or miss for me. Alot of the times if i repacked the rom it would work.

Guest das7771
i was having that problem also. It was a hit or miss for me. Alot of the times if i repacked the rom it would work.

I think I found the problem I just have not had time to test. I found that my hard drive on my comp has been having issues.

So I bought a new one and alot of the problems my comp has been having has went away. now I just gotta recook my rom and see if it works.

Guest amdzero
I think I found the problem I just have not had time to test. I found that my hard drive on my comp has been having issues.

So I bought a new one and alot of the problems my comp has been having has went away. now I just gotta recook my rom and see if it works.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest das7771
Good luck!

Well I installed a new hard drive in my desktop and I also bought a new laptop and I am still having the same sound issues when removing certain files from the SYS folder. I guess I will have to check through the registries to make sure some thing is not being disabled while running Buildos. I am running out of ideas

Guest amdzero
Well I installed a new hard drive in my desktop and I also bought a new laptop and I am still having the same sound issues when removing certain files from the SYS folder. I guess I will have to check through the registries to make sure some thing is not being disabled while running Buildos. I am running out of ideas

sound issues with your laptop or O2?

Guest das7771
sound issues with your laptop or O2?

With my o2...every time I try to remove one note, office, chome and live from the sys folder I lose all sound. Not just ringtones either the whole phone loses all sounds. There are a few things I can and have removed, but the rest I can't. I have tried vista and windows 7, I have tried different comps and I always lose sound when remove the previously stated files. I have even downloaded the kitchen several times and unpacked several times and it's the same results. I have even recooked the same rom several times and flashed several times and I can't figure it out. Something must be going wrong in the kitchen when I remove these files.

Guest amdzero
With my o2...every time I try to remove one note, office, chome and live from the sys folder I lose all sound. Not just ringtones either the whole phone loses all sounds. There are a few things I can and have removed, but the rest I can't. I have tried vista and windows 7, I have tried different comps and I always lose sound when remove the previously stated files. I have even downloaded the kitchen several times and unpacked several times and it's the same results. I have even recooked the same rom several times and flashed several times and I can't figure it out. Something must be going wrong in the kitchen when I remove these files.

are you removing the folders from the sys folder? There are like 4 office folders. I've removed live from my kitchen no problem. I haven't tried office/one note/chome. Do they bother you? Are you trying to make a superlite rom?

Guest das7771
are you removing the folders from the sys folder? There are like 4 office folders. I've removed live from my kitchen no problem. I haven't tried office/one note/chome. Do they bother you? Are you trying to make a superlite rom?

Yes,

I was trying to remove all of the office folders from the sys folder.. I was trying to make a "superlite rom". I pretty much already have a lite rom that is basically all just microsoft with almost all things samsung and verizon removed.

I already gave up trying to remove the last few items. I don't really use office so I was going to take it out but I guess I will just have to leave it in there.

I am just a perfectionist and I hate it when I can't figure some thing out, but I am just going to swallow my pride and move on because I have no idea what is causing this issue and I am sick of screwing around with it. The issue is not just with your kitchen, I was having the same problem with Wozzer's original kitchen as well.