Liquid Kernel Source Build

Guest disc0

f**k this kernel is full of damm bugs!

I don't even think this is the final source at all.. All stupid acer mask are giving erros all over the kernel?? This kernel is not f**king usefull for nothing :s

Guest behnaam
f**k this kernel is full of damm bugs!

I don't even think this is the final source at all.. All stupid acer mask are giving erros all over the kernel?? This kernel is not f**king usefull for nothing :s

check ur inbox, u got a pm ;)

compiled kernel from your git.

it's rebooting.

using your config and 4.4.0 toolchain

have you remove green android logo?

Edited by solarw

compiled kernel from your git.

it's rebooting.

using your config and 4.4.0 toolchain

have you remove green android logo?

(:

if you used console=tty0 it won't appear

Edited by disc0

Anyone got useful e-mail addresses for appealing to Acer? I think it might helpful if some of us would send a proper email addressing the problem. If they don't release a proper config, then so be it, but it doesn't take much effort to write an email to them.

...And if enough people do it, maybe they see the point that supporting community is worth it.

I have asked acer about it for three days ago but they haven't answered. My previous questions were answered the day after... Will try again

I used their "ask a question" function on their webpage.

I have asked acer about it for three days ago but they haven't answered. My previous questions were answered the day after... Will try again

I used their "ask a question" function on their webpage.

I mailed the technical support but none reply....last time acer said that they don't understand where's problems are

.. seems they are noobs lol

I mailed the technical support but none reply....last time acer said that they don't understand where's problems are

.. seems they are noobs lol

They are not noobs, they are making us look like stupids! The stupids are them, stupid assholes!! (Hope you are reading this comment acer, we are buying from you and deserve a little respect.. You need to go to school and learn how to read properly and then go read GNU GPLv2!!)

Edited by disc0

They are not noobs, they are making us look like stupids! The stupids are them, stupid assholes!! (Hope you are reading this comment acer, we are buying from you and deserve little respect.. You need to go to school and learn how to read properly and then go read GNU GPLv2!!)

Continue ask for better kernel.a pressure would be the right way to obtain it

Guest Down to earth Swede
They are not noobs, they are making us look like stupids! The stupids are them, stupid assholes!! (Hope you are reading this comment acer, we are buying from you and deserve a little respect.. You need to go to school and learn how to read properly and then go read GNU GPLv2!!)

But the problem is that Android is released under the Apache license, which is the reason for them having some stuff closed (like the config). I think that the apache license means that it is possible for a manufacturer to add proprietary code to the original kernel. Ie it's not copyleft like in the Gnu license.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_License

Edited by Down to earth Swede

But the problem is that Android is released under the Apache license, which is the reason for them having some stuff closed (like the config). I think that the apache license means that it is possible for a manufacturer to add proprietary code to the original kernel. Ie it's not copyleft like in the Gnu license.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_License

Once again, the Linux Kernel is licensed under GPLv2.. What is under apache is the rest of the system.. Lets think in this way, the contents of boot.img is under GPL and system.img under Apache..

acer modified the bootloader in new rom, so read the end of the first post for more info.

so are we hitting the dead end for making roms on acer liquid??

if there is no 3rd party rom , i will be selling this acer liquid.. and good bye acer no more cellphone for me in the future.

so are we hitting the dead end for making roms on acer liquid??

if there is no 3rd party rom , i will be selling this acer liquid.. and good bye acer no more cellphone for me in the future.

Its kind of a dead end, the source have some bugs that can "fixed" but would not make the phone be very stable.. You should email your frustration to acer because they are making us look like fools! Lets hope they have the decency to upload a working configuration/kernel soon! I'll try to fix some things, but its kind of hard, they didn't even comment the code, so, there is much much to investigate :\ .. I too really like my Liquid, its pretty (for me prettiest than Nexus), powerfull, very good screen, and has ANDROID ;) .. The only downside is really typing on it, but a keyboard would make it a little fat, so, heyy, its an amazing phone.. Unfortunately there is cooperation by acer to make it even better :\ ..

Edited by disc0

Guest maxisma
Its kind of a dead end, the source have some bugs that can "fixed" but would not make the phone be very stable.. You should email your frustration to acer because they are making us look like fools! Lets hope they have the decency to upload a working configuration/kernel soon! I'll try to fix some things, but its kind of hard, they didn't even comment the code, so, there is much much to investigate :\ .. I too really like my Liquid, its pretty (for me prettiest than Nexus), powerfull, very good screen, and has ANDROID ;) .. The only downside is really typing on it, but a keyboard would make it a little fat, so, heyy, its an amazing phone.. Unfortunately there is cooperation by acer to make it even better :\ ..

Same feelings here..

I still haven't even got an AOSP ROM to boot :D

Same feelings here..

I still haven't even got an AOSP ROM to boot ;)

Post the problem so I can see whats happening.. Tomorrow I'll take a look, now I'm really need to sleep.

Cheers (;

Guest maxisma
Post the problem so I can see whats happening.. Tomorrow I'll take a look, now I'm really need to sleep.

Cheers (;

The problem is that it doesnt boot up with the stock libc.so and linker in /system/bin..

When I replace it with the Liquid ones, I get a logcat, and it outputs lib errors, so the Acer libc.so isnt compatible with the AOSP versions.

When I replace all libs, I have problems with the framework, they're wifi-related, I can't get a bootup.

So, Acer made changes to the framework too.

I would have to replace it with the Liquid version too, but.. then the AOSP is gone. ;)

then all possibility to customize our liquid with cooked rom is only a dream and will be only a dream? ;)

I think we need international coalition to pressure for acer to release the full source code. For example, we could make a petition at the international level.

Guest liquid_it
So, Acer made changes to the framework too.

I would have to replace it with the Liquid version too, but.. then the AOSP is gone. ;)

I may be wrong but.. framework & libs license is apache too, isn't it?