Liquid Kernel Source Build

Guest disc0

Ok, decided to create a new topic to resume everything in the init of what I accomplished so far..

I have hope that Acer would release a working kernel configuration, but until then lets play for safe and try to do something ourselves..

This is what I checked that works:

Make/receive calls

sms/mms

Touchscreen

Cpu Scalling

Bluetooth turns on (think it works, didn't test)

USB storage/debug

Battery (temporary fix, not safe)

reboot, via some program (because the same fix of battery)

Modem

1GHz cpu can be done but it makes the phone be less smoother (strange, hun..!?)

the buttons below the screen

system sound (didn't test music, but supose it will work too)

acceleromter

digital compass

sd card

light/proximity sensor

Hardware buttons

camera

vibrator

3d accel

GPS (couldn't test properly because I was inside home, but works)
now the bad part, what don't works
Wifi

Multitouch think could be achieved

(everything else not in working list)
There is lots of work to be done, mostly because some things work for now because of temporary fixes, witch means, highly unstable! Some results from neocore test: 768Mhz 33.3FPS 1Ghz 34.7FPS (in parts of the test the cpu don't even goes to full load [1Ghz], really nice snapdragon ;)) Kernel repo added and kernel being uploaded http://gitorious.org/liquidproject Now we can all share our work.. create an account and send it to me so you can upload your changes Before start building do:
make mrproper

cp acerconfig .config

and you are ready to build

liquidmkbootimg v.0.2:

Ok, so I flashed my liquid with the new 2.000.16 EMA that behnaam posted and found that acer have modified the bootloader.

The result is that in some cases liquidmkbootimg don't creates compatible boot images.

I don't yet fully understand how new liquid bootloader works, so I compilled a new liquidmkbootimg that can deploy the ramdisk in 3 different modes, see "liquidmkbootimg --help".

I'll explain how it works:

--deploy 0 -> Deploys the ramdisk inside the boot.img normally.

--deploy 1 -> Adds an extra pagesize before ramdisk.

--deploy 2 -> This is only in last resource. The ramdisk in boot.img of 2.000.16 starts at adress 0x219000, and this could be a predefined adress where liquid's bootloader searches for ramdisk.

--deploy 0 can be omitted, as is the default way. And --deploy 1 worked for me sometimes, so if your self compiled kernel don't works in default creation mode, test at least with mode 1.

Search for the new linux binary here.

Bootloader and recovery:

In case you flashed a bad boot.img with 2.000.16 ROM you will get yourself in a situation where you will think you f**ked up once and for all your phone because you can't get into bootloader with camera + power anymore. So, relax, its time to do some magic and make the bootloader appear on your screen..

1. turn off your phone (and unplug usb if plugged)

2. press camera + volume up and then without releasing this two buttons hit power and the phone will vibrate two times. Release all buttons.

3. take the battery out and put it back (don't touch any button on the phone)

4. connect the usb to your computer and you will the acer logo and then bootloader will pop up.

5. Say thanks to acer for making it so complicated (:

or just do "Camera + Back + Power". Thanks CedricGatay (;

Recovery is a bit more easy: (only usefull for who flashed Lickons recovery)

1. turn off your phone

2. hit camera + volume down and without releasing them hit power button and the phone will vibrate two times. Release.

3. Just hit the power button and wait for it to boot into recovery.

BTW:

Does someone want busybox and dropbear?? I ask this because I had my owns working in the last 1.008 and now I need to reinstall everything in new ROM and remembered to ask others..

Edited by disc0

There is lots of work to be done, mostly because some things work for now because of temporary fixes, witch means, highly unstable!

give me config, or patches please)

Guest behnaam
give me config, or patches please)

Set up a github for the kernel so that that its easy to add patches and fixes, from different people working on this ;) Alot easier than to send stuff back and forth.

Set up a github for the kernel so that that its easy to add patches and fixes, from different people working on this ;) Alot easier than to send stuff back and forth.

Whell, never did that before but I could try tomorrow.. Is there some free server for that??

Download config here

on arch/arm/mach-msm/smd.c

void *smem_find(unsigned id, unsigned size_in)

{

unsigned size;

void *ptr;

ptr = _smem_find(id, &size);

if (!ptr)

return 0;

/*	size_in = ALIGN(size_in, 8);

if (size_in != size) {

pr_err("smem_find(%d, %d): wrong size %d\n",

id, size_in, size);

return 0;

}*/

return ptr;

}
Now I'll get some sleep, 7oc here, time to wake up and I'm going to sleep.. waaahoou :\ Ok, created repo here http://gitorious.org/liquidproject Create account and send me the username to add to can upload code. EDIT people acerconfig is here http://gitorious.org/liquidproject/kernel/...ster/acerconfig update your project and I think it would appear there. and then do
make mrproper

cp acerconfig .config

Edited by disc0

Whell, never did that before but I could try tomorrow.. Is there some free server for that??

Download config here

on arch/arm/mach-msm/smd.c

void *smem_find(unsigned id, unsigned size_in)

{

unsigned size;

void *ptr;

ptr = _smem_find(id, &size);

if (!ptr)

return 0;

/*	size_in = ALIGN(size_in, 8);

if (size_in != size) {

pr_err("smem_find(%d, %d): wrong size %d\n",

id, size_in, size);

return 0;

}*/

return ptr;

}

Now I'll get some sleep, 7oc here, time to wake up and I'm going to sleep.. waaahoou :\

i trying this too

just set return ptr; before align

i download archive but not config found! binary file no text

Same for me, and damn can't have a working kernel cause of the size ;) Mine is always smaller even after adding 2048Kb

Same for me, and damn can't have a working kernel cause of the size ;) Mine is always smaller even after adding 2048Kb

pad with zeroes at the end

or

cp stock-kernel ./template;

dd if=zImage of=./template conv=notrunc bs=1024 seek=2;

and kernel is equal size as stock)

for those who already downloaded the kernel please delete it and wait for me to finish the upload and then download it again..

The config file is named acerconfig because hidden files are not uploaded!

It looks that acerconfig is corrupted, I'll create another one and re-upload soon..

Edited by disc0

pad with zeroes at the end

or

cp stock-kernel ./template;

dd if=zImage of=./template conv=notrunc bs=1024 seek=2;

and kernel is equal size as stock)

Thanks for the tip =)

Guest amdnikos
Some results from neocore test:

768Mhz 33.3FPS

1Ghz 34.7FPS (parts of the test, cpu don't even go to 1Ghz, really nice snapdragon :D)

hmm.so did u try 1gh or not? :(

did u mean that liquid is not stable on 1gh?prolly acer use the faulty one cpu's on liquid that could not handle the 1gh. ;)

hmm.so did u try 1gh or not? :D

did u mean that liquid is not stable on 1gh?prolly acer use the faulty one cpu's on liquid that could not handle the 1gh. ;)

It can handle well, with 1Ghz max cpu scalling, the cpu don't even was used at max speed in all test, wich means that this processor its very powerfull and can handle neocore test well (till they relase another version that would push the cpu more :()

people acerconfig is here http://gitorious.org/liquidproject/kernel/...ster/acerconfig

update your project and I think it would appear there.

and then do

make mrproper

cp acerconfig .config

how are you using kernel bigger than stock kernel?

i build kernel with your config and it's bigger than i need

i trying mkbootimg and acermkbootimg but no working img in result

Guest CedricGatay

# CONFIG_WLAN_80211 is not set

might be the cause of the wifi not working... I still doesn't have a correct build environment to compile, so I can't test further

how are you using kernel bigger than stock kernel?

i build kernel with your config and it's bigger than i need

i trying mkbootimg and acermkbootimg but no working img in result

are you using liquimkbootimg ??

extract ramdisk from pauls superboot and use the ramdisk.cpio.gz from it, not the ramdisk folder..

then just create with

liquidmkbootimg --cmdline 'console=tty boot_delay=50' zImage --ramdisk pauls-ramdisk.cpio.gz -o newboot.img

# CONFIG_WLAN_80211 is not set

might be the cause of the wifi not working... I still doesn't have a correct build environment to compile, so I can't test further

You're right.. I'l take a look. Thaks (: