Photo

Samsung WidgetPlus for Lite rom user (updated on 02/21/10)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

NewForce

NewForce

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Dear NewForce,

Thank you so much once again. That was really quick. I will try the file you provided. I wasnt referring to the space above the today screen. I was infact referring to the space above those numbers which you removed. There was quite some free space above the numbers, which can now be used to place a widget.

Thanks once again,

Francis

Hi Francis,

No mentio again bro. I see, I'd mis-understood your point.
I hope you like my mod version as it now does not content any page no. icons anymore and more useful for your need.

Cheer and have fun! ;)

sent from my Samsung Galaxy TAB

francis_fds

francis_fds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi New Force,

Your mod is working perfect, looks great and gives me extra space on the screen. Thank you. Am attaching screenshots of my screen here. It is looking exactly the way I want, thanks to you.

Just out of curiosity, how easy is it to add / remove those numbers / dashes? Is there possibility of more than three screens also? Just fantasizing, but how do u think it would look if there were numbers vertically on the right edge of the today screen? the space after the widgets are aligned? and if the number of pages supported go beyond 3, then in that vertical space, I guess atleast 15 numbers could fit in. What do I need to learn if I want to do such mod?

Francis.

Attached Files

NewForce

NewForce

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Hi New Force,

Your mod is working perfect, looks great and gives me extra space on the screen. Thank you. Am attaching screenshots of my screen here. It is looking exactly the way I want, thanks to you.

Just out of curiosity, how easy is it to add / remove those numbers / dashes? Is there possibility of more than three screens also? Just fantasizing, but how do u think it would look if there were numbers vertically on the right edge of the today screen? the space after the widgets are aligned? and if the number of pages supported go beyond 3, then in that vertical space, I guess atleast 15 numbers could fit in. What do I need to learn if I want to do such mod?

Francis.

Hi Francis,

I'm happy that you like it.

Well... remove the icons with small tool like Flash Eraser was an easy task. But if you want fully editing the flash, it gonna need more premium fully license flash building apps, which was not feasible for me to do so. Adding more page need more in-depth flash knowledges which obviously I don't have it.

The current WidgetPlus with only 3 pages flash already taken up more than 12MB system running RAM space with only 1 widget on page 1. Adding more widget to the 3 pages will not only further occupy more system ram (upto 8MB), but at the same time will take more time for the phone to boot-up too. So if we add more pages to WidgetPlus flash file, it will only add more burden to system RAM. We're talking about multiple pages WidgetPlus that occpied more than 24MB system ram, which is something most WM users don't enjoy having it.

Lastly, no matter where we put those pages icons, it gonna look ugly to our beloved wallpapers that we used on Omnia2 desktop.
That's also the reason why I don't like HTC devices with touch 2d/3d/sense. If i do, then I wouldn't had bought a Samsung Omnia2. ;)

francis_fds

francis_fds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Dear NewForce,

Thank for the detailed responses. I think I ought to begin learning flash seeing this lovely end results. Can any flash file be used if it is named as Widgetplus.swf ?

Francis

NewForce

NewForce

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Dear NewForce,

Thank for the detailed responses. I think I ought to begin learning flash seeing this lovely end results. Can any flash file be used if it is named as Widgetplus.swf ?

Francis

Francis,

No, not any file can be use as Samsung WidgetPlus "WidgetPlus.swf" flash file.
"WidgetPlus.swf" not only consist of picture, animation and others, but it is also consist of tonnes of movement/clicking script lines.
So when you click on particular screen area or apps widget, WidgetPlus will know what is that and repsonse with particular action.

That mean, it is very time consuming & not an easy task to compile or re-compile a WidgetPlus.swf file, at least for me. ;)

GanjaShelter

GanjaShelter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:none
  • Twitter:@none
hi!

is it possible to add the old 3 smal gray/white bars??

is it also possible to delete the sound strings, if the exist? i mean this anoying sound if you click on a widget.

k.r.

Edited by GanjaShelter, 18 February 2010 - 03:21 AM.

GanjaShelter

GanjaShelter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Hi NewForce,

Like I had said earlier, installing two widgetplus makes it work on the latest kstan rom. Am attaching the widgetplus cab that I have. Installing this one over your version or vice versa, either ways makes it work on the today screen. If your version is installed later, the '1,2,3' pages numbers are visible on today screen. If the other can is installed on top of your cab, then '---' are seen in place of those page numbers. So ideally both when installed together work fine.

Strange thing to note is that in the Today item selection, it shows only one widgetplus. And if either of the versions is uninstalled, it doesnt show up at all in the Today item selection, even though remove program shows that one version is still installed. Also, after it is working fine, if either version is uninstalled, it starts exhibiting same behaviour as before, appearing and vanishing from today screen. Hence it seems like each of those two cabs have files that support the other.

Am trying to upload the widgetplus file after splitting it through winzip, but get an error that am not permitted to upload this type of file. Is it possible for me to email you the cab file?

Francis.

hi

pls can you give me the cab?

can you upload it or sent me by mail pls?

kind regards

NewForce

NewForce

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

hi!

is it possible to add the old 3 smal gray/white bars??

is it also possible to delete the sound strings, if the exist? i mean this anoying sound if you click on a widget.
k.r.

Too bad, couldn't help you on this as I did not keep the older rom version WidgetPlus files with me anymore.

Anyway, I at least able to help you to silent all those WidgetPlus clicking sounds, which I had exactly the same feeling like yours.
Please try to installed my file below. Enjoy! :D

Attached File  WidgetPlus_Menu_Sounds_Off.cab   15.18KB   78 downloads

bravogee

bravogee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:omnia 2
  • Twitter:@na
can we use the widgetplus no-icon on kstan JB1 rom? or does the rom have to be Lite? i tried looking for the widgetplus swf file in windows folder of my O2 on KstanJB1 and i couldnt find it . . pls enlighten . . tnx

NewForce

NewForce

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

can we use the widgetplus no-icon on kstan JB1 rom? or does the rom have to be Lite? i tried looking for the widgetplus swf file in windows folder of my O2 on KstanJB1 and i couldnt find it . . pls enlighten . . tnx

bravogee,

All Lite roms has remove Samsung WidgetPlus app and all it files, that's why you couldn't find them in the Windows folder.
So in order for you to use WidgetPlus you'll need to,

1. Installed my Samsung WidgetPlus installation file on th 1st post.
2. After install my WidgetPlus, download the no page icon WidgetPlus.swf at 19th post, and extract it to Windows folder.
3. Activate only Samsung WidgetPlus in, Settings > Display and Light > Items on Today.

GanjaShelter

GanjaShelter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Too bad, couldn't help you on this as I did not keep the older rom version WidgetPlus files with me anymore.

Anyway, I at least able to help you to silent all those WidgetPlus clicking sounds, which I had exactly the same feeling like yours.
Please try to installed my file below. Enjoy! :D

Attached File  WidgetPlus_Menu_Sounds_Off.cab   15.18KB   78 downloads

thank you soooo much :D

but is it also without the numbered squares on top? that will be perfect! :lol:

/edit: will i be allowed to share your and the other apps with the german omnia-comunity?
/edit2: i have the original rom with widgetplus on it, could i install yours easy over? or can you give me the files you have been modified?

Edited by GanjaShelter, 18 February 2010 - 06:10 PM.

NewForce

NewForce

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

thank you soooo much :D

but is it also without the numbered squares on top? that will be perfect! :lol:
/edit: will i be allowed to share your and the other apps with the german omnia-comunity?
/edit2: i have the original rom with widgetplus on it, could i install yours easy over? or can you give me the files you have been modified?

GanjaShelter,
No problem at all.

You can download the WidgetPlus file with no page icons on top from 19th post.
Just in case you missed it, I've paste it here again, WidgetPlus No Icon flash file
After download, extract it to Windows folder to replace the original file.

Posted Image

For distributing my apps, YES YOU CAN. Please go ahead and share them in any German forum. :D

I haven't try to install my version of WidgetPlus on original rom, but think you can do that.
Please let me know if you encounter problem. Thanks!

Edited by NewForce, 19 February 2010 - 12:55 AM.

GanjaShelter

GanjaShelter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
thx very much :D

will report if i could finaly download the roms form rapidshare -.- i hate rapidshare

bravogee

bravogee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sir, i am on full KSTan JB1 rom. i installed the SamsungPlius cab file and afterwards pasted the widgetplus swf file to windows folder but the numbers on today screen are still there. pls help . . shall i flash a lite rom? @francis: i love your screenshots, how did you do it? what rom? tnx

NewForce

NewForce

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Sir, i am on full KSTan JB1 rom. i installed the SamsungPlius cab file and afterwards pasted the widgetplus swf file to windows folder but the numbers on today screen are still there. pls help . . shall i flash a lite rom? @francis: i love your screenshots, how did you do it? what rom? tnx

You'll need to,

1. Disable Samsung WidgetPlus in Items on Today.
2. Install WidgetPlus app that I'd packed.
3. Extract the WidgetPlus.swf file in "WidgetPlus No Icon flash" rar file to Windows folder.
4. Restart your Omnia2.
5. Re-enable Samsung WidgetPlus in Items on Today.

bravogee

bravogee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

You'll need to,

1. Disable Samsung WidgetPlus in Items on Today.
2. Install WidgetPlus app that I'd packed.
3. Extract the WidgetPlus.swf file in "WidgetPlus No Icon flash" rar file to Windows folder.
4. Restart your Omnia2.
5. Re-enable Samsung WidgetPlus in Items on Today.

thank you very much for response. sorry but after doing all of above the numbers on today screen are still there

GanjaShelter

GanjaShelter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
:D for me it worked perfect!!! :D

thank you sooooo much !!!

mfg
@.@Ganja@.@

adioph

adioph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
i cannot add new widget, the system cannot extract the .wgt file? any idea why?
thanks.

NewForce

NewForce

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

i cannot add new widget, the system cannot extract the .wgt file? any idea why?
thanks.

I've found trouble to pack that app function into my pack WidgetPus installation file so I hd left it out.
Now I had found where the trouble are. Will re-upload a new JB1 version by Today. Staty tune.... :D

NewForce

NewForce

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
02/21/10 update,

I had repacked the Samsung WidgetPlus installation file on top post with files from secany JB1 rom. It's now,

Samsung WidgetPlus JB1 022010 [NewForce]. Enjoy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users