Replacing Digitizer Guide by video or photos please!!

Guest drcarlos23

Guest drcarlos23

MY Omnia I8000 Digitizer is scratched and I have bought from the internet a new digitizer, the problem is that I am not able to replace it and brazilian services in my region are not avaible to replace my phone digitizer. Please someone, send me a Guide on how to replace my omnia I8000 digitizer please. Thanks

• 8 months later...
Guest sebspiderweb

Yeah I checked out the pics of how to open the phone up and take it apart.. they were fine. I replaced my digitizer with a new one.. but although the part I ordered online claimed to be genuine samsung it clearly isn't. Phone works again, but the touch isn't as sensitive as the old digitizer. Also, I found the hardest part was re-using the sticky from the old one to fit the new one. Once you open the phone though, it's pretty easy to see what you have to do to get to the digitizer cable clip. Need a steady hand and good tweezers that's for sure.

If I wasn't such a tightass I could have just paid a shop tech to do it... but if you've ever pulled a phone apart before, you should be right. Thanks for the links :rolleyes:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ep-disassembly/