[0.2] AychTeeSee's Flawless Launcher2 for 2.1 ROMs

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest sjoerdos92

I can't get this to work with the Villain 3.0 ROM. If i adb install from my desktop it says: [iNSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK] and this after i just reinstalled the android sdk (and it all went well, from the 1.1 sdk all the way up to the 2.1 sdk revision 7.

If i first adb push to /system/app/ and then adb install /system/app/Launcher2.apk it says: can't find /system/app/Launcher2.apk to install

How do i make this work?

Thanks for this great Launcher AychTeeSee, just one question though; would it be possible to make 1 version so it has just 3 screens?

Perhaps there is a tutorial on how i could go about doing it myself?

Andy`

Guest Carl_Brummy
Coming soon :D

Andrew

Works like a charm, thank you.

Carl.

EDIT: It crashes if you select the apps from the menu button in the middle, go into gallery then back...just blank screen, then phone reboots....

Not sure what happened....looks cool though, but clearly a stability issue...

Edited by Carl_Brummy

Guest ermacwins
For those having problems, use

adb push Launcher2.apk /system/app/

for installation. Otherwise, it doesn't have root permissions.

im at work and dont have adb on pc

what are the steps needed to do this via terminal?

Guest isMaskin

I don't want to be a party pooper but this does'nt work. It softreboots if you go from camera to home or 3d-gallery to home. The new version 0.2 is slower than the first one and seems to have trouble showing the right colors when scrolling.

Guest ermacwins
Umm.. How about doing it at home where you have adb on PC?

i take it its not possible via terminal? i wont be home till another 11pm and will hit the sack straight away

Guest Carl_Brummy
I don't want to be a party pooper but this does'nt work. It softreboots if you go from camera to home or 3d-gallery to home. The new version 0.2 is slower than the first one and seems to have trouble showing the right colors when scrolling.

Ok, this is quite smart in terms of functionality, but I have noticed, the performance seems to degrade the more you use it, which makes me wonder if there is some sort of memory leak in the app? The graphics slow way down and it eventually just dies. I have found that killing the launcher process and restarting it by pressing the home key resets it all, but it eventually goes back to being slow.

Any chance of a fix for this? I agree with the above - 0.1 was quicker than 0.2...is there a way I can track the memory usage or CPU usage to help identify what is causing the slow down?

Carl.

Guest Vido.Ardes
Ok, this is quite smart in terms of functionality, but I have noticed, the performance seems to degrade the more you use it, which makes me wonder if there is some sort of memory leak in the app? The graphics slow way down and it eventually just dies. I have found that killing the launcher process and restarting it by pressing the home key resets it all, but it eventually goes back to being slow.

Any chance of a fix for this? I agree with the above - 0.1 was quicker than 0.2...is there a way I can track the memory usage or CPU usage to help identify what is causing the slow down?

Carl.

I noticed this, I've actually gone to MoDaCo because all the 2.1 ROMS seem to have to main problems:

1) unexplained battery drain

2) Performance issues after a few hours of use

I think I'll wait until some official sources come out for a 2.1 ROM

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest trstn

Would love to use this but getting

failed to copy 'Launcher2.apk' to '/system/app//Launcher2.apk': Read-only file system

Any clues?

Edit....

Of course, "adb remount" sorted it, so it's installed. But repeatedly force closes :rolleyes:

Edited by trstn