[0.2] AychTeeSee's Flawless Launcher2 for 2.1 ROMs

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest AychTeeSee

vdr93.pngtJBmh.png

Hello all;

I've been toying with the 2.1 ROMs by Lox and jnwhiteh, and have greatly desired to use a stable Launcher2 (the nexus one launcher) with them. I've managed to make a feature complete Launcher2 with correctly-sized graphics and layout with very few bugs/inconsistencies. I believe that this is the fastest launcher for Android.

WHAT WORKS:

Everything!

INCONSISTENCIES/BUGS:

When scrolling through your apps list, the scrolling rollover effect does not render text as smoothly as the icons.

On CyanogenMOD-Hero, after unlocking your screen the apps list renders slowly. Every other 2.1 ROM renders fine.

Overall, it's INCREDIBLY fast and smooth (as you vanilla Cupcake fans have come to expect of me :D) and a suitable, faster replacement for the standard launcher.

After installing it, to start using it, press the home key and select "Launcher".

YOU MUST INSTALL THIS WITH ADB PUSH!

Download:

http://www.multiupload.com/6JTTW2AP4K

Special thanks to:

-Xda-developers' G1 forums for the scrolling fix

Enjoy!

Andrew

Edited by AychTeeSee

Guest pvillasuso

Very nice ...

Wish this could work and could be install with your [2.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM (1.5 based) .. :D

Off course I tried ... :D ....but app won't let me install ... as I read it's only for 2.x ROM's :lol:

Great Job ... Thanx for sharing ...

Edited by pvillasuso

Guest Revoked

You claim this work is yours....

When it is clearly my modified source code that was posted on jnwhiteh's github.

Putting your name on it, doesnt make it your work...

Please give credit where credit is due, in this case Jnwhiteh and Myself.

Guest ermacwins
vdr93.pngtJBmh.png

Hello all;

I've been toying with the 2.1 ROMs by Lox and jnwhiteh, and have greatly desired to use a stable Launcher2 (the nexus one launcher) with them. I've managed to make a feature complete Launcher2 with correctly-sized graphics and layout with very few bugs/inconsistencies. I believe that this is the fastest launcher for Android.

WHAT WORKS:

Everything!

INCONSISTENCIES/BUGS:

When scrolling through your apps list, the scrolling rollover effect is not quite seamless, so I removed it.

On CyanogenMOD-Hero, after unlocking your screen the apps list renders slowly. Every other 2.1 ROM renders fine.

Overall, it's INCREDIBLY fast and smooth (as you vanilla Cupcake fans have come to expect of me :D) and a suitable, faster replacement for the standard launcher.

After installing it, to start using it, press the home key and select "Launcher".

Download:

http://www.multiupload.com/NFCOTV5MHO

Enjoy!

Andrew

can this be fixed?

When it is clearly my modified source code that was posted on jnwhiteh's github.

Couldn't you have just PMed the guy, its obviously a mistake if the work is based on current code.

Anyways good job to all involved in getting the ball rolling (Jnwhiteh + Revoked) glad to see AychTeeSee's working his magic to make it more usable and stable. Loving the roms btw finally my phone can keep up with me :D

Subz

Guest masterpfa
vdr93.pngtJBmh.png

Hello all;

WHAT WORKS:

Everything!

INCONSISTENCIES/BUGS:

When scrolling through your apps list, the scrolling rollover effect is not quite seamless, so I removed it.

Overall, it's INCREDIBLY fast and smooth (as you vanilla Cupcake fans have come to expect of me :lol:) and a suitable, faster replacement for the standard launcher.

Download:

http://www.multiupload.com/NFCOTV5MHO

Enjoy!

Andrew

So that what the smile was about earlier :D :D :lol:

Cheers Andrew :D B) :(

EDIT Just tried to install, getting "Application Not Installed" message, I am running CyanogenMOD for Hero

Edited by masterpfa

Guest masterpfa
Only for AychTeeSee 2.1? How about AychTeeSee 3.0.1?

There has been some confusion ever since AychTeeSee released his ROM 2.1, despite the name this ROM is NOT an Android 2.1 but Android 1.5 ROM

This launcher is for ROMS based on Android 2.1 which neither of his ROMS AychTeeSee 2.1 or AychTeeSee 3.0.1 are.

AychTeeSee 2.1 or AychTeeSee 3.0.1 are both based on Cupcake 1.5

:D

Guest blackcoffee85

Confused about whether this is for Android 2.1 or 1.5 but either way, not working on MDC 3.1 - can't be installed. Pretty sure this is for Android 2.1 as it was lifted from the Nexus.

Guest masterpfa
Confused about whether this is for Android 2.1 or 1.5 but either way, not working on MDC 3.1 - can't be installed. Pretty sure this is for Android 2.1 as it was lifted from the Nexus.

Yes currently all "Nexus" based launchers (That I have seen) are all for Android 2.1 ROMS :D

Guest ermacwins
yes it can. you just need to tell us what should be fixed.

my bad On CyanogenMOD-Hero, after unlocking your screen the apps list renders slowly. Every other 2.1 ROM renders fine.

I'll second that... doesnt install on Kagudroid 1.2.2 :D

Carl.

+3

just tried kagu 1.2.1 and dont work on that one either.

so which 2.1 roms does this work on then ??

Edited by pcs333

Guest AychTeeSee

Hi there;

This isn't from your github link. I obtained a stock Launcher2 from a nexus ROM dump, and added the speed tweaks I found on a G1 forum and resized the elements for Hero. No need to get upset. Whether these tweaks originated from you, I don't know.

Sorry if I did do anything,

Andrew

Edited by AychTeeSee

For those having problems, use

adb push Launcher2.apk /system/app/

for installation. Otherwise, it doesn't have root permissions.

done this and didn`t get no errors but how do i activate it ?

pushing home key does nothing

ahh... got it , i needed to use a file explorer and install the launcher from there after pushing it via adb.

great work seems very fast

Edited by pcs333