HOW TO INSTALL ECLAIR 2.1 COMMUNITY ROM FOR COMPLETE NOOBS!

Guest Running_Roti

Guest setomoto

how long should the flashing take? i am flashing the stock eclair rom using acer download tool but it's stuck at "amss start" but it no longer says my phone is connected even though i didn't do anything to interrupt it.

Guest setomoto

actually, never mind. maybe i somehow fluked it but after it froze at "amss start" i unplugged anyway, and then i plugged it back in and the flashing continues.

and also, for some odd reasons, i entered into bootloader mode by pressing "camera+power+<", but not able to do it with "camera+volume up+power".

still, it was very helpful and made me not afraid of messing up the phone. i don't care about voiding warranty either since their customer service is horrible anyway.

Guest WillSm@k

hey guys, finally i got a solution for booting into fastboot~

Quote and comments as below:

1)PRESS Volume Up + Camera button + Power button, the phone will vibrate twice but stay turned off

**Pls well prepare for the next step**

2)take the battery out and plug the usb cable to the phone within few seconds **This action MUST be done as soon as you pull out the battery**

Acer Screen should be show and you're in the fast boot mode, if you're not, pls try again and there should not be any battery icon show

Edited by WillSm@k

Guest linuxluver
still, it was very helpful and made me not afraid of messing up the phone. i don't care about voiding warranty either since their customer service is horrible anyway.

LOL! Reminds me of the days I owned an Acer laptop. :-)

Guest linuxluver

I was going to try this, but I don't like not being able to take a backup I can restore from.

If I have a nandroid backup pf my 2.000.16 EMEA GEN1 rooted system, could I:

1. Reflash back to 2.0016 using the Acer tool. (Haven't actually used this yet)

2. Re-install Lickonn's recovery using fastboot

3. Re-root the phone using the recovery method rather than superboot

4. Restore from my Nandroid backup.

That's a lot of work...and its only going in one direction.

On my HTC Magic the basebands are backward compatible....so with a current baseband you can flash any ROM from Android 1.5 right up to 2.1. The Acer Liquid is much more difficult and time consuming. So when I do do it....I want it to be a one way trip.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Leon.786

Hello

I just bought an Acer liquid and the details are :

Firmware Version - 1.6

BaseBand Version - A1-01.04.07

Kernel Version - 2.6.29

Build Number

Acer_Liquid_1.004.03_AAP_GEN2

Can i successfully go ahead and install Eclair irrespective of having the above mentioned details on my Device.

I am asking this because when i matched with the details given in the thread, the build number is different.

All Help Highly Appreciated

Regardz

• 5 months later...
Guest Peterfdevries
I rooted my stock Liquid yesterday (how do I check if it's rooted?)

I also applied lickonn's recovery.img but I can't boot into recovery mode to do a nandroid backup. I've tried the hardware combos.

Here's what I do:

1. Takeout battery

2. Plug in USB cable

3. When I see empty battery logo I put battery back in.

4. Hold Volume Down and Power.

It either does nothing or just boots up normally. Any help?

To reboot in recovery you should press the volume down + the camerabutton and than hit the power button. You should feel a triple vibration, the phone wil start in recovery :lol: