registry changes

Guest levytv

well i am crazy about tweaking and everytime i see a registry change that sounds like fun - i incorporate it. trying to work up the courage to flash. is there a way without spending days - of saving all these registry tweaks? and if i flash to a new rom will they still work?

Guest Ninja4Hire
well i am crazy about tweaking and everytime i see a registry change that sounds like fun - i incorporate it. trying to work up the courage to flash. is there a way without spending days - of saving all these registry tweaks? and if i flash to a new rom will they still work?

"

I'm not sure exactly what your question is, but there is a way to easily re-add your registry tweaks to a new rom. If the cook added "XDA_UC" to the rom, you can put all of your tweaks into an exported .reg file and add that to the a folder on your storage card called XDA_UC. This will automatically update your registry with the changes on first boot of the new rom.

"

I'm not sure exactly what your question is, but there is a way to easily re-add your registry tweaks to a new rom. If the cook added "XDA_UC" to the rom, you can put all of your tweaks into an exported .reg file and add that to the a folder on your storage card called XDA_UC. This will automatically update your registry with the changes on first boot of the new rom.

my question is since i have no idea what the tweaks are - how do i extract them or save them or preserve them for the new rom? i just merrily added them cause they seemed like something that would improve the phone. i kept no records.

Edited by levytv

Guest Ninja4Hire
my question is since i have no idea what the tweaks are - how do i extract them or save them or preserve them for the new rom? i just merrily added them cause they seemed like something that would improve the phone. i kept no records.

Ah ok.... Yeah you would have to know what you did, in order to add them to the new rom. You could export the whole registry, but it would more than likely conflict with the new rom (especially if you flashed to the newer 6.5.x roms).

Ah ok.... Yeah you would have to know what you did, in order to add them to the new rom. You could export the whole registry, but it would more than likely conflict with the new rom (especially if you flashed to the newer 6.5.x roms).

thanks for the reply. so which of the existing new roms - in theory - would work with the omnia i920 the way it is - without the samsung update?

Guest Ninja4Hire
thanks for the reply. so which of the existing new roms - in theory - would work with the omnia i920 the way it is - without the samsung update?

I would suggest that you back up your registry and any files you want to keep, and then try a few different roms. You can always flash back to the original verizon rom if you don't like the custom roms. Flashing roms is pretty easy ( I do it at least 3 or 4 times a day), but make sure you read the instructions carefully first.

I think only my rom and maybe one other are based on the original Omnia 2 build. For instance Yari4life and AMDZero have roms are based on newer 6.5.x builds.

I would suggest that you back up your registry and any files you want to keep, and then try a few different roms. You can always flash back to the original verizon rom if you don't like the custom roms. Flashing roms is pretty easy ( I do it at least 3 or 4 times a day), but make sure you read the instructions carefully first.

I think only my rom and maybe one other are based on the original Omnia 2 build. For instance Yari4life and AMDZero have roms are based on newer 6.5.x builds.

thanks very much. the original rom is located in radiomans folder - thats the right original?