i8000 Camera FIX: "Picture_DATE_TIME".JPG

Guest eduuuuu

Hello everyone.

First I thank all the ROM chefs. They always make an excellent job.

I had an Omnia i900

Now, I've got the i8000 and i8000L

Well... I guess the title from my post explained it all.

It's really annoying to have the pictures named as: SCN00001, SCN00002, and etc...

We, that flashes ROM all the time.... specially because there are always exceptional ROMs coming up.... The Picture file Name Always Resets to 00001

OR you don't even have to Flash your phone.... if you take a lot of pictures... Document everything with your omnia... And have to do BACK-UPs on your PC... The Camera Picture Folder will be empty, and then... Camera software will start all over, from 00001...

And what really sucks...

go to Your PC.... and Back-up your folder again... You have a HUGE ISSUE to mess with... DUPLICATED File names, but of course, DIFFERENT Pictures!

You are probably facing this problem, since you have your omnia. I or II.

P.S. It's not possible to keep all the pictures in my phone...

as I said: if you are a camera user... you will do back-ups to your PC... then the problem comes later...

Well... I thank you all very much for this forum, Paul, rodrigofd, Khaunchai, ginkage, whiskeybro... (sorry If I forgot anyone). You all make amazing jobs...

Tks

Edu

------------------------------------------

---------

We finally have a Solution for this annoying feature from samsungĀ“s original software camera. - user: sorg, made it real.

Just a little help, for the ones that are trying to find the download post, since this topic is becoming a bit big.

The Camera file for download can be found on post #33 and #42 - member: sorg

Thank you very much again sorg

Edu

Edited by eduuuuu

Guest eduuuuu

Ok...!

I've just found My own request... I'm just not sure if it will work on i8000, can any one confirm?? It's from Pako777 (link below)

the thread is inside i900 forum. - it was not easy to find such a nice helpful feature. Hopefully it will come up one or the compatible Pako777 mod, for the i8000

At least I explained for newbies where to find the software/ mod / for the Cam...

(even though I was making a broad search... It's a lot to read... sometimes, Huge threads... and we miss somethings...)

But here is, from Pako777: CameraX - Mod of the camera applet (PUIC2)

Now we need confirmation or similar / compatible mod for i8000.

Tks again.

Guest Pako777
Why does Omnia II create multiple folders for camera photo?

multiple folders creates not only i8000.. and example i900 too. :( In each folder it is formed no more than 100 files, for faster indexation. This problem too can be solved. I created a patch for i900 which allows to keep all files in one folder, but its not upload

Pako777

Thanks for replying and also working on a mod for i8000.

I, and I believe a lot of users would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Yes please! The badword photo names are a big problem for me :(

TY!

Guest Vostradamus

I switched from my old i900 to the O2 just yesterday... on the i900 I was using the magnificent work of Pako777, I'm sooooooo happy to read that maybe he'll do that on the O2 too :(

Guest godslayer

this is a common scenario faced by alot of users who transferred pictures from their cameras to their pc, only to find out that the camera will restart the naming convention from scratch.

you can try using this program called ifraviewer. i use it to consolidate the pictures by their folders and batch rename them.

works really well.

just to share. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest _Rix_

news??

now I use "IMAG to Date" to rename pictures in data,

but a mod like i900_Pako777 would be the best!

Edited by _Rix_

Guest damienloh
multiple folders creates not only i8000.. and example i900 too. <_< In each folder it is formed no more than 100 files, for faster indexation. This problem too can be solved. I created a patch for i900 which allows to keep all files in one folder, but its not upload

Can you please share/ upload this patch? Thank you!

Edited by damienloh

Guest unixace

Strange everytime after i flash i just change the storage place to storage card and the numbering will be in running order. i didn't notice the numbering did reset! cos i didn't lost any photo <_<

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest HydroBoy

Found a workaround for you, this registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Camera\DCFNumber] controls the number of the next picture to be taken.

So if you've flashed your phone and it starts taking photos at SCN00001.jpg, just change that key to a bigger number, such as 852 and it will put the next photo in the DCIM\108SSCAM folder and call it SNC00852.jpg.

So all you do when you reflash the phone is set that registry key to one more than the number of the last picture.

This is using JD3 ROM. I don't know if this trick works in a previous ROM.

Hope this helps.

Edited by HydroBoy

Guest meabigbaldguy
Sorry for asking a noob question and bumping this thread.

May I know how do I apply the patch files by Pako777?

As far as I'm aware, Pakko's fix needs to be cooked into the ROM, but the fix given in the beginning of this topic is only for i900.

Here is my mod for i8000 Camera with names like YYMMDD_HHMMSS.jpg(mp4)

Many settings in camera are now preserved between restarts.

based on camera from JD1/JD3

Camera.zip

Edited by sorg

Guest kydkylin

Thx sorg!

I'll try it soon~

Edit1:Already tried it.Works like a charm.Though I just put it in my storage and ran it, it really works fine. It create a new photo file folder named "i8000CAM" in my storage\dcim,and the new photo's name is exactly as you said as YYMMDD_HHMMSS.jpg.I'll try to put the mod camera.exe in windows file and restart to see how it'll work.

Edit2:Have replaced the original camera.exe and restart.Works perfectly!

Edit3:Maybe found a little bug.As the new camera.exe creates a new folder named i8000CAM, we can't see the photos we shots in camera program's "Play"...

Thx again sorg!You really did a great job!

Edited by kydkylin

Guest Ender Psp

Many thanks, sorg!

Guest wil_dee

thanks for this sorg! it works great!!!

for others who may not know where to place camera.exe file, i've copied to the following location:

my device/windows/

and replace the existing camera.exe file

happy snapping!

Guest Vostradamus

Just tried it, it's great! :huh:

The only "issue" could be the one about not seeing the pics in the "play" function of the camera, but it's definitely a minor problem, I'd still choose your mod over the original camera a hundred times :blink:

Thanks heaps! :P

Guest GunnarKarlsson

Great news

Just a question

Is it possible to change the save location to Storage Card instead of My Storage?

The reason that I cannot test this by myself is that my phone is in for service because of My Storage went missing.

(for the third time. And I have not flashed it even once)

So I can greatly recommend everyone to use the storage card to save images on, otherwise they might get lost.

//Gunnar