Storm ROMS [CF03] - TouchFlo Detach - 12MB Pagepool

Guest Rob Storm

Guest LordSith

So reflashed to the latest build again, and everything was running nice and smooth....until I connected to MyPhone and downloaded all my contacts, events, and text messages. Now I'm getting the errors again. If I pull the battery, it resets and if I'm lucky, I don't get any errors and the phone runs smoothly, but if I get 1 of 3 errors now (it added can't load Personalizer to the errors) then everything bogs down on the phone and I can't do anything.

BUT: when I don't get the errors, it runs great. LOL

Edited by LordSith

Guest renee613
So reflashed to the latest build again, and everything was running nice and smooth....until I connected to MyPhone and downloaded all my contacts, events, and text messages. Now I'm getting the errors again. If I pull the battery, it resets and if I'm lucky, I don't get any errors and the phone runs smoothly, but if I get 1 of 3 errors now (it added can't load Personalizer to the errors) then everything bogs down on the phone and I can't do anything.

thats weird. I dont get any errors on start up now. when I first flashed it said that it was insufficient memory to load showcase but i dont get it anymore. i also used myphone to set up my contacts, calender, etc. hmm...

Guest snkeyez95

Can you change the location where the Photos tab pulls pictures from. Would prefer it to look in my camera's DCIM folder that's on my storage.

***Figured it out***

Edited by snkeyez95

Guest kdkinc

In the past I think that if you use a My Phone type of app and re sync ofld file and maybe text they can cause a "hairball" issue.

I just do contact and favorite no pic, no music no files...

<_< :mellow:

Guest rubadub234
+1 IE6. i've used Opera since it fit on a single floppy disk [for desktop], and naturally have used its mobile version. however, with the latest versions [upto v10b3], i wasn't satisfied with the rendering of seemingly basic mobile Google web layouts [igoogle, Google homepage, Google reader, etc.]. so i compared with IE6, and found it renders noted pages with more finger-friendly font sizing, is more responsive when tapping links, similar Program memory footprint, and launches more quickly than Opera.

your mileage may vary.

you think IE6 is fast? try Opera Mini

thats MINI not MOBILE. its very light and much faster than any other browser i've used

or just use this

OperaMini5wm.cab

Guest Chimp

I had the same issue, especially with MyPhone. It would say it downloaded all my text messages, but then I would go into Messaging and nothing was there! Yet SkTools said my SMS database had xxx messages in it. For laughs, I reflashed back to CF03, and then MyPhone worked without an issue. I ended up using SkTools to export my messages there, then reflashed to 6.5.3 and imported them (via SkTools) - worked fine. Seems to be an issue between the ROM and MyPhone.

/Chimp (Tom)

Guest dsg29

I have flashed this ROM 3 times, and each time when it reboots, it freezes on the Welcome screen. HELP!!! Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

Guest irishlaxer
I have flashed this ROM 3 times, and each time when it reboots, it freezes on the Welcome screen. HELP!!! Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

on the welcome screen on initial bootup after flashing you have to tap the top left part of the screen.

Guest dsg29
on the welcome screen on initial bootup after flashing you have to tap the top left part of the screen.

Thanks....if only I had known it was so simple!

Guest kevkavalier

I love this rom, Rob!

RE 28223: Is there a way to make the optical mouse setting open up so that I can change it? My right edge of the touchscreen no longer works for the right-most keys of the keyboards.

Guest LordSith
I love this rom, Rob!

RE 28223: Is there a way to make the optical mouse setting open up so that I can change it? My right edge of the touchscreen no longer works for the right-most keys of the keyboards.

I have the same problem with my touch screen. I can't "touch" the letters O,P & L so I use my optical mouse for those letters. If you're just trying to use the mouse, then in the main menu, just scroll down. There is the icon to launch it. I've never gone into the options of it, and it works great.

PS: Day 2 of no problems (anymore) with the 28223 ROM. Had one issue where I couldn't hit the send on my text, but I think it was because my battery was almost dead. No problems since. :-)

Guest muskamj

So no one else is having issues with texts? On my M2D screen, all of my texts are showing up, but when I hit "All Messages," my Inbox is empty.

Also, I tried to send a text last night and it ended up in my Outbox and never sent.

Sounds like I'm having the same issues people were having with older builds.

Any suggestions?

BTW I'm on the 2.0 rom.

Guest Rob Storm
I love this rom, Rob!

There is an app in your start menu called "Finger Mouse" That replaces optical mouse. You can either click the icon or assign a button to it.

Hope that helps!

Rob

Guest irishlaxer
or u like both. <_< touchflo detacher is cooked in and assigned to a softkey so you can switch back and forth between the 2 with the push of a button.

btw, flashed to the new 282XX rom. works really good and the blue theme is beautiful. no SOD issues either. will post pics in a few.

edit: here are pics. fyi, i have a custom bottom taskbar thats not part of the rom and memory shown is after i installed my apps.

post-575094-1268183884_thumb.jpg post-575094-1268183893_thumb.jpg post-575094-1268183899_thumb.jpgpost-575094-1268183907_thumb.jpg post-575094-1268183919_thumb.jpg post-575094-1268183929_thumb.jpgpost-575094-1268183936_thumb.jpg post-575094-1268183961_thumb.jpg post-575094-1268183967_thumb.jpgpost-575094-1268183975_thumb.jpg post-575094-1268183982_thumb.jpg

I see you have Titanium weather working for you. I can't get this working at all. Where did you get the CAB for this that is working on this ROM?

Thanks so much!

Guest Rob Storm
I see you have Titanium weather working for you. I can't get this working at all. Where did you get the CAB for this that is working on this ROM?

Thanks so much!

28223 ROM has Titanium weather cooked in. You just need to enable it through cHome Editor which is also included.

Guest irishlaxer
28223 ROM has Titanium weather cooked in. You just need to enable it through cHome Editor which is also included.

ok I am using your 23544 ROM with no issues so hesitant to flash to 28223. The old if it ain't broke dont't fix it I feel for myself! <_<

Guest kevkavalier
There is an app in your start menu called "Finger Mouse" That replaces optical mouse. You can either click the icon or assign a button to it.

Hope that helps!

Rob

Holy Crap, Rob!

You really made it that easy to fix? I feel like such a stupid noob. However; I am playing catch up to the rest of you experts here. Now, this is THE best rom I've tested/used thus far.

Now, if I install Google Maps 4.0, will I F--- everything up, including the auto location updating weather?

Guest iandy1

Thanks Rob Storm!

TouchFlo Detach Bld. 28223 working great. After installing 85 Mb on apps to Internal Storage and a lot more to My Storage, still fast and stable.

Like the M2D landscape support + Full screen weather on Home tab blue theme.

Thanks again.

Guest norm883

Hello,

Enjoying the new ROM very much.

Also have been using and changing ROM's frequently since I received the OMNIA i910.

But things are changing fast and I have to keep this another year.

This ROM has let me change and use things that others caused problems with in the past.

Can you tell me how to change the background for the slide lock? Dark blue is not my thing. Lock is fine it is the background for me.

I actually like the old Bliss from XP. But that is why this is all a personal experience and no one is ever happy.

Many want all that in a ROM but that can not happen. So we need to learn more before all the Cook's move on.

Son is waiting for the new upgrade of the Google Phone for months. The kids know! The things to come.

That is why the adults have to live with and change the old stuff.

We thank you for sharing and teaching or we would all still be stuck on that original interface.

Norm883

Guest renee613
Hello,

Enjoying the new ROM very much.

Also have been using and changing ROM's frequently since I received the OMNIA i910.

But things are changing fast and I have to keep this another year.

This ROM has let me change and use things that others caused problems with in the past.

Can you tell me how to change the background for the slide lock? Dark blue is not my thing. Lock is fine it is the background for me.

I actually like the old Bliss from XP. But that is why this is all a personal experience and no one is ever happy.

Many want all that in a ROM but that can not happen. So we need to learn more before all the Cook's move on.

Son is waiting for the new upgrade of the Google Phone for months. The kids know! The things to come.

That is why the adults have to live with and change the old stuff.

We thank you for sharing and teaching or we would all still be stuck on that original interface.

Norm883

go to /windows and overwrite "lockeye.png" and "lockeyeL.png" with the pic of ur choice. one is portrait (lockeye)and the other is landscape(lockeyeL).

Guest norm883

WOW,

Everyone is so helpful and so fast.

Worked great just needed to covert my JPG to PNG.

Then renamed and moved to windows directory.

It did require a soft reset then PRESTO!

Many thanks again.

Norm883