[ROM][OFFICIAL PH] I8000FAMXXX

Guest bratboo

Guest bratboo
WHICH ONE IS LATEST?

FAMJA2 is the latest ROM.

What is the difference between the two???? :(

The one is WM 6.5 the other? :P

Thank you!!!

The other is build from IJ9 while the other one was build from JA2 with new Today Item.

Guest yeyejulian80
so ja2 is the latest.have you tried it yet? are there marked differences especially on speed. thanks chong! downloading now!

i am on jc2 now but the previous ja5 works faster for me at least. i will try this ja5 since this is released specifically for PHP. I will give you feedback once i am done. thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lucienium

Question, where did you get the official Philippine I8000FAMJA2? I don't see it anywhere on the FUS server and I can't get Kies/NPC to update my phone as well. :'(

Don't get me wrong, I know how to flash ROMs and stuff, I just wanna see how to get it done the Samsung way for our country since I've always relied on what's posted on the forums we have here.

Guest bratboo
Question, where did you get the official Philippine I8000FAMJA2? I don't see it anywhere on the FUS server and I can't get Kies/NPC to update my phone as well. :'(

Don't get me wrong, I know how to flash ROMs and stuff, I just wanna see how to get it done the Samsung way for our country since I've always relied on what's posted on the forums we have here.

Hi!! Use Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader instead of FUS.

Guest lucienium
Hi!! Use Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader instead of FUS.

Sorry, that's what I meant. I used it, chose i8000 then FAM - Philippines... And it gives me 2 ROMs from 2009 instead of the one from 2010.

I'm worried that I may not be able to see the next official ROM when it comes out unless someone spots it and uploads...

I'm excited to see the next official ROM for our country. I hope it'll be AT LEAST 6.5.3 with better memory management and 3D drivers.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lucienium

Any new official Philippine ROM? Does anyone know what to put in the FUS downloader to get a response? The Mobile Firmware Downloader isn't working anymore. :-(

Guest Lhon0901

Hey Boss Brat, nice seeing you here! Well, Master quattro mentioned that Samsung blocked the application so it's not working right now, and I just hope he can get it fixed soon... Still waiting for an update to FAMI with the latest Winmo version like on JE1 with no Xtra bug...

@lucienium: I currently don't rely on Kies or the PC studio for downloading firmware updates as they don't work when I try checking for new firmwares for Omnia 2... That's why I use the firmware downloader when checking for firmware updates... If you could show me how to make it work on Kies or PC studio then I'll try checking for updates and post it here as well... Thanks!

Edited by Lhon0901

Guest logitz
PHP OFFICIAL ROM!!!

ADDED 03-30-10

I8000FAMJA2

4shared

MIRROR

MediaFire

ADDED 11-01-09

I8000FAMIJ3 WinMo 6.5

4shared

MIRROR

MediaFire

Need help. I manage to download all of the split files but I was unable to extract them due to invalid archive. I've redownload them already (both 4shared and mediafire) still no luck in decompressing. :rolleyes:

Guest bratboo
Need help. I manage to download all of the split files but I was unable to extract them due to invalid archive. I've redownload them already (both 4shared and mediafire) still no luck in decompressing. :rolleyes:

Hi!! I downloaded the files to check on both 4shared and mediafire, everything is working. please use .7zip to decompress them! cheers!

Guest logitz

@bratboo - Found the culprit, i did not notice that the last file had a wrong file size, everything works now! xD Thanks!

Guest hsuchitmp

help please.. my storage disappeared again (16gb) for the second time. the first time they replaced it with a brand new unit because it was still untouched. it was ok for several months of flashing. until i got kydkylin rom. a 6.5.3 with htc sense. contented with this rom i never flashed my phone again and been using it for almost a month. but the hardware failed again (my storage 16gb) again. i believed this is not cause by flashing. its a common problem with 16gb. i can prove it because my phone was running with htc for almost a month with out flashing. and one day it was all ok and in the noon time the my storage suddenly disappeared. now what i want to do is FLASH THIS ROM before returning it to samsung because its still under warranty. i also read somewhere in this forum that you cannot flash a full MST rom with my storage missing. so i downloaded this rom and extracted the nb0 file using rodrigofd o2util.exe. and tried to flash it with octans 2.14 but it gets stuck after writing pda to rom it say "calculating checksum..." and its still stuck there. even if i used nb0 to flash

my question is how do i flash back to this rom so i can still avail my warranty. i tried flashing twu2 ultra lite rom 6.5.x with no problem. using only his csc and nb0 file. i did the same with this rom extracted nb0 from mst but i cant complete the flashing procedure. my phone right now is running with out my storage using twu2 ultra lite 6.5.3 rom. i cant go to samsung with this rom as it voids the warranty. or can i?? please help anyone.

Guest cramlime

did u try to hard reset?? if yes and still missing it means its a hardware problem and you should bring it to service center...

im not sure with warranty but from my experience i think it doesnt matter what firmware you are using they still fix it...

Guest hsuchitmp
did u try to hard reset?? if yes and still missing it means its a hardware problem and you should bring it to service center...

im not sure with warranty but from my experience i think it doesnt matter what firmware you are using they still fix it...

yes i tried every reset i can think of :( under setting clear memory and *2767*3855#. can i ask what your experience was? did you flash your phone with other rom while still inside warranty?

Guest yeyejulian80
help please.. my storage disappeared again (16gb) for the second time. the first time they replaced it with a brand new unit because it was still untouched. it was ok for several months of flashing. until i got kydkylin rom. a 6.5.3 with htc sense. contented with this rom i never flashed my phone again and been using it for almost a month. but the hardware failed again (my storage 16gb) again. i believed this is not cause by flashing. its a common problem with 16gb. i can prove it because my phone was running with htc for almost a month with out flashing. and one day it was all ok and in the noon time the my storage suddenly disappeared. now what i want to do is FLASH THIS ROM before returning it to samsung because its still under warranty. i also read somewhere in this forum that you cannot flash a full MST rom with my storage missing. so i downloaded this rom and extracted the nb0 file using rodrigofd o2util.exe. and tried to flash it with octans 2.14 but it gets stuck after writing pda to rom it say "calculating checksum..." and its still stuck there. even if i used nb0 to flash

my question is how do i flash back to this rom so i can still avail my warranty. i tried flashing twu2 ultra lite rom 6.5.x with no problem. using only his csc and nb0 file. i did the same with this rom extracted nb0 from mst but i cant complete the flashing procedure. my phone right now is running with out my storage using twu2 ultra lite 6.5.3 rom. i cant go to samsung with this rom as it voids the warranty. or can i?? please help anyone.

what are you doing differently that is causing your storage to disappear? i had flashed more than 10 times and this did not happen to me. i also have 16gb. dont use other modified firmware for now since it appears to me that you had already used 2. try to use the official or semi official releases instead going forward. flash using this FAM rom and i dont see samsung going after you for warranty. try to flash with an official rom first after hard reset and see if you are able to retrieve you storage. what happened to me before was that my storage appeared as MY STORAGE2 rather than MY STORAGE with only a couple of mbs registered. this had just happened without me doing anything on the device. i flashed using this official ROM from a different topic and viola, im back at 16g. im now running JE with storage still intact.

• 2 months later...
Guest johnchua55

i have flashed my phone more times than i can remember ...... missing storage is a hardware problem ..... mine dissapeared TWICE .... both times all i could really do was go to the service center ..... takes them maybe 10 days to fix it.

i have a PDA_I8000NXXIJ9_HW_40.nb0 the older but official ph ROM