New VZW Update DC22

Guest event121

Guest gorf1000
99% of the time the endless loop doesnt have anything to do with calibration data, it almost always means the digitizer has gone bad.

Kev's right here, this is a digitizer issue not a ROM issue. You get past the glitch with the flashed ROMs because most of the chefs cook in alignment data so you can skip the alignment screen on the first run. You will likely get the infinite loop problem on the DC22 flash (I got it myself... by the way I'm waiting for my new digitizer to come in the mail) but it doesn't matter, you don't need to get any further than the alignment screen to flash one of the cooked ROMs and not worry about it.

Once you do get past it and you're up and running use a registry editor and change the HKLM/Hardware/DeviceMap/Touch/MaxCalError to 20, then run the screen alignment and you should be good to go. It's still never going to be perfect, if you're comfortable trying it see the sticky on the i9x0 page on how to replace your touch screen. You can pick a new digitizer up for between $10-40 and all the comments on that thread seem to say it makes an amazing difference I'll let you know once I get mine.

Guest nvrmind
Thanks for that! I'm curious: How does one extract the img, from the installer or from a phone? I imagine using JTAG on the phone could do it, but is there a better way?

The way I get it out of the tool is:

Open the exe with Visual Studio. Export the bin files. The biggest one is the img, just rename it as such...

Not sure what the other two are.

Guest mimjun
It's my understanding that the alignment is part of the ROM, so if you flash a new ROM then the alignment will reset itself up to the default coordinates that are programmed into the ROM.

The OFFICIAL ROM that comes from Verizon certainly shouldn't have an endless loop problem. Yesterday I reflashed mine to the official CF03 before flashing DC22, and never encountered that problem. After rebooting it came up to the plain lime green calibration screen with the cross hairs.

Just make sure you flash back to the official CF03 ROM before you flash the DC22 just to make sure that takes care of any funnyness involved.

That drift on your phone is plane strange. I mean, 3/4 inch drift?!?!?!? Wow!!

Are the calibration locations stored in the Registry so you could manually edit them? I ask that because I don't know the answer to that. But if they are, perhaps you could either change them that way, or at least fake them out by modifying the Registry with coordinates that are off so that they bring the cross hairs into califbration.

Good luck!!

Robert

The way I got all those Omnia's is actually because I found out that the official ROM's do in fact go through the endless loop. So whenever my accuracy becomes way off I would just flash to the official ROM making my phone completely useless. So then I call Verizon and receive a free replacement. I would actually just call them and get another replacement but it seems my warranty has finally expired and I would have to pay the 50$ now. ;)

The calibration data are in the registry but it doesn't help. Most of the ROM's here already have the best calibration data to start with.

If I may ask, how many Omnia's have you gone through?

99% of the time the endless loop doesnt have anything to do with calibration data, it almost always means the digitizer has gone bad.

Wow, so does that mean all the refurbished Omnia's I receive have bad digitizers? I never thought about this being a problem because I thought these phones were supposed to be "like new".

Guest thekevster
Wow, so does that mean all the refurbished Omnia's I receive have bad digitizers? I never thought about this being a problem because I thought these phones were supposed to be "like new".

probably is the case. i've had my refurb for barely even a month and the digitizer is gone out again already. just waiting to get my usb cable back so i can flash to DC22 and get the endless loop then go to the vzw store and play dumb and have them send me a free replacement since i'm still under warranty for about another month and a half.

Guest robertjm

I stand corrected. Thanks Kevin!

Guest iandy1
Try the img using UMDL...

I heard you have to flash back to CF03 before doing DC22, and the tool wouldn't let me flash to DC22 from my custom rom, but the img with UMDL worked fine, without flashing back to CF03.

Download the img with uTorrent, take a long time, but make it.

Seed the torrent for 69 MB, not bad when my Omnia is also my laptop internet provider.

Now enjoying DC22's 6.1 greatness.(Dying to flash back to 6.5). About to flash Waremike's Flotanium.

Thanks again for your help, providing the img file, sure many Vista 64bit users are grateful.

Guest byutzy
Thanks sir. If someone wants to put it on 4shared or whatever, be my guest. This is just easier for me... and better IMHO. The direct link is unavailable now. So the torrent is the only way to get it from me.

Currently, there are 2 seeds... me and I'm assuming the Kevster, so download shouldn't be too painful.

Thank you so much for creating the torrent. I've been trying different W7 computers all day and couldn't get it to work. I got on here hoping someone had made a .img file since that's how I did the CF03 update

Guest rickhamilton620
ah, sorry, misunderstood your question. i use w7 32 bit so i cant be sure, but you might be able to get it working running it in compatibility mode set to vista sp2

This works. It was the only way I could get it going in Windows 7 X64

EDIT: I should mention that this was for CF03. *to revert back to the official CF03 Release* I'm sure that the new release is similar.

Edited by rickhamilton620