New VZW Update DC22

Guest event121

Guest event121

Samsung.com

VZW.com (listed as MR1 still, but links to the new update)

DC22

Saw the included fixes were voice quality or something like that. Anyways. FYI.

Guest thekevster
Samsung.com

DC22

i might have to try cooking some ROMS with this new one soon ;)

Guest cerberez
Samsung.com

DC22

what happens when I run the update on my currently-flashed ROM? will it take me back to 6.1?

Guest sbpetro

Download link: http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/fa...p;PROD_SUB_ID=0

Site Information

Product :Total:Phones & Fax Machines:US Mobile Phones:Verizon Wireless 09-04-2010

How to guides

Verizon Wireless : Where Do I Obtain DC22 Software Upgrade For My SCH-I910 (Omnia) Phone?

Samsung has released a software upgrade for the SCH-I910, which is recommended to be installed. This upgrade includes numerous software additions/enhancements/corrections. The update may take up to 10 minutes to complete if the system is already set up.

This upgrade contains several enhancements and features. Highlights are listed below.

* Qualcomm Patch (M6801BSMBRLAZ56205) is updated. Improving overall call quality.

* Multiple Updates/Fixes applied to the Opera browser.

* Update to XT9 is applied to correct Add word issues seen by users.

* Algorithm codec has been corrected to allocate correct amount of memory when attaching a Full resolution image file to a MMS message. This will fix “Image resize Fail” seen by some users.

Guest thekevster
what happens when I run the update on my currently-flashed ROM? will it take me back to 6.1?

it will take you back to 6.1 until a cooked 6.5 ROM for DC22 is available. i can try cooking one, but i have no way to test it since i dont have my usb cable. i can cook the DC22 OEM into a 6.5 ROM if anyone has a spare Omnia they don't mind testing it on. You would have to update to DC22 firmware first of course.

Guest geekboy2005
it will take you back to 6.1 until a cooked 6.5 ROM for DC22 is available. i can try cooking one, but i have no way to test it since i dont have my usb cable. i can cook the DC22 OEM into a 6.5 ROM if anyone has a spare Omnia they don't mind testing it on. You would have to update to DC22 firmware first of course.

i try it on my omnia my updrade is coming up on 20th are you doing a titanium also if i flash back to a 6.5 after doing the update does it just make the dc22 null and uses cf03

Guest thekevster
i try it on my omnia my updrade is coming up on 20th are you doing a titanium also if i flash back to a 6.5 after doing the update does it just make the dc22 null and uses cf03

you would have to run the official DC22 updater first of all, then you would flash the DC22 6.5 ROM and it will be wm 6.5 running with DC22. i'm trying to set up another kitchen to cook DC22. will let you know when its finished. i cannot gaurantee that it will work, and i cannot promise you that it won't brick your phone. and if it does work, it probably won't be very pretty. there will be alot of dead shortcuts as i would have to edit alot of registry files. just deleting some useless vzw apps to slim down the OEM to make a ROM small enough to flash. if it works, then i will work on tidying everything up. if it doesnt work you can run try to run the DC22 updater again and get stock 6.1 back. i'm not 100% sure if you could go back to CF03, but i dont think it would be a problem at all.

Edited by thekevster

Guest geekboy2005
you would have to run the official DC22 updater first of all, then you would flash the DC22 6.5 ROM and it will be wm 6.5 running with DC22. i'm trying to set up another kitchen to cook DC22. will let you know when its finished. i cannot gaurantee that it will work, and i cannot promise you that it won't brick your phone. and if it does work, it probably won't be very pretty. there will be alot of dead shortcuts as i would have to edit alot of registry files. just deleting some useless vzw apps to slim down the OEM to make a ROM small enough to flash. if it works, then i will work on tidying everything up. if it doesnt work you can run try to run the DC22 updater again and get stock 6.1 back. i'm not 100% sure if you could go back to CF03, but i dont think it would be a problem at all.

runnin the update now seems faster more responsive but i do like 6.5 because of the mods we can do on it so if i run a 6.5 thats on cf03 it reverts to cf03 right flashing from dc22 update uness i get a dc22 6.5 rom then its stays 6.5 dc22

Guest thekevster
runnin the update now seems faster more responsive but i do like 6.5 because of the mods we can do on it so if i run a 6.5 thats on cf03 it reverts to cf03 right flashing from dc22 update uness i get a dc22 6.5 rom then its stays 6.5 dc22

yes, if you flash a dc22 6.5 ROM after updating to DC22 it will stay as DC22. if you flash a CF03 ROM after flashing DC22, you might brick your phone. if you wanted to go back to a CF03 ROM you would have to Run the official CF03 updater first.

Guest geekboy2005
yes, if you flash a dc22 6.5 ROM after updating to DC22 it will stay as DC22. if you flash a CF03 ROM after flashing DC22, you might brick your phone. if you wanted to go back to a CF03 ROM you would have to Run the official CF03 updater first.

well no brick i did update to dc22 then a rom from cf03 seems ok

Guest Chimp

Anyone know of a stand-alone utility to take the EXE from the DC22 and extract all the components? If so, I may be able to pull out the necessary components and put it in a 6.5 23557 ROM. I've been successfully cooking my own ROMs for awhile so I have a fairly decent knowledge of what I would need to pull.

/Chimp (Tom)

Guest thekevster
Anyone know of a stand-alone utility to take the EXE from the DC22 and extract all the components? If so, I may be able to pull out the necessary components and put it in a 6.5 23557 ROM. I've been successfully cooking my own ROMs for awhile so I have a fairly decent knowledge of what I would need to pull.

/Chimp (Tom)

OSkitchen is what i used to unpack it. just downloaded a second OSkitchen and put it in a different folder and did what i normally do with CF03 kitchen, except used the DC22 updater .exe instead. just working on trimming up the OEMApps got it down to about 40 megs from 20, my cf03 OEMApps is about 20 megs. just mainly trying to trim it up enough to get a ROM small enough to boot.

Guest thekevster
well no brick i did update to dc22 then a rom from cf03 seems ok

thats good to know. once i get my usb cable i'll test flashing cf03 ROM on dc22 firmware and flashing dc22 rom on dc22 firmware and see if there is any difference at all. if not i just might continue cooking with my CF03 kitchen since i have it the way i want it. doesnt seem like there is much new in dc22 anyways. an officialy 6.5 update would have been nice.

Guest cac2us

/Chimp (Tom)

Nice to see you are on top of this.

I use osKitchen v1.25 with great results.

Do you think that the WozXipFix will still work with this new source file?

I found that the OEM Drivers folder is very much the same as the one from CF03.

The timestamps are newer, but the file sizes are the same..

Do you think that this is just "Scare Tactics"??

•If I Decide I Do Not Like The Update For My SCH-i910, Can I Reload (CF03) Software?

?It is not recommended to regress backwards to a previous software load. Any attempts to perform a regression may render the handset inoperable.

Looks like someone allready took the plunge..

My i910 is my primary link to the web, so I need to have InetSharing.

I may wait untill the feedback looks more tested.

Guest thekevster

if anyone wants to try it out, here is my first attempt at a DC22 ROM. as with all my ROMs, i am not responsible if you brick your device, and you are flashing at your own risk. i do not have my USB cable so this ROM has not been tested! TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE, FLASH DC22 FIRMWARE BEFORE TRYING TO FLASH THIS ROM! i just trimmed down the DC22 OEM as much as i could in a short amount of time. it is still not as slim as it could be, i could probably get about another 15 to 20 MB out of it at least but i was just aiming to get a ROM small enough to be able to hopefully boot. if it works, there will probably be some dead links and shortcuts as i need some time to edit the reg and the initflashes.dat files and what not for the verizon and samsung apps that i removed.

http://www.4shared.com/file/SAYMRda3/FLASH_0409.html

Edited by thekevster

Guest geekboy2005
if anyone wants to try it out, here is my first attempt at a DC22 ROM. as with all my ROMs, i am not responsible if you brick your device, and you are flashing at your own risk. i do not have my USB cable so this ROM has not been tested! TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE, FLASH DC22 FIRMWARE BEFORE TRYING TO FLASH THIS ROM! i just trimmed down the DC22 OEM as much as i could in a short amount of time. it is still not as slim as it could be, i could probably get about another 15 to 20 MB out of it at least but i was just aiming to get a ROM small enough to be able to hopefully boot. if it works, there will probably be some dead links and shortcuts as i need some time to edit the reg and the initflashes.dat files and what not for the verizon and samsung apps that i removed.

http://www.4shared.com/file/SAYMRda3/FLASH_0409.html

ok took the plunge it boots and seems fine now to trim it i post some screens soon if you want also getting cert errors i think saying program not for this version yes or no i hit yes and runs then

Edited by geekboy2005

Guest geekboy2005

well now no sound hmmm ok fixed it just took battery out rebooted sounds back found real culprit installed hd wow srs it broke sounds

Edited by geekboy2005

Guest cac2us

WOW,

Got it working. Had to run the CF03 updater first, to get the DC22 updater to see my i910.

After striping the OEM APPS folder to the same content as the "Minimal OEM" file that I have been using, then using the DPI & LANG files from the same file, and the update_XipFix,

I cooked a 21898.bin that weighs in at 55MB.

157MB Storage

57.3MB RAM

Version info says

ROM Version N/A

Modem Ver. S:i910.10 V.DC08

H/W Version H:i910 10 V.Q

PRL Version P:51831 E:00004

The touchscreen is more sensitive now. I think I will cook a 25014 again, this time with the DC22Base.

I will have to cook a saperate one to post to 4Shared if any one wants one..

And if any one wants my OEM folder here it is.

http://www.4shared.com/file/YdIzq5Bq/DC22_...EM_and_ROM.html

Now if I can just get rid of that leftover "Main Menu" on the bottom right of the screen...

Also some of the shortcuts were leftover, like thekevster said some of the files need to be claened up.

And I am not very good at editing those reg files.

And some of those initflashes.dat files wont let me edit them at all.?

Any how that's what I have so far.

Got to get back to work building LEDs..

EDIT:

The posted file is updated with my "partly" fixed initflashes.dat file. (see post #33).

Edited by cac2us

Guest cerberez
Tried to flash to this new firmware but now I get an align screen loop that won't go away.

Any ideas how to fix it?

o yea I remember I once got that loop with a rom. Really weird.