I8000 - WM6.5.3 Update 20 March 2011

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
ok, but my question why you "hidden" PhotoAlbum in startmenu..?? (not mean in Titanium Panel) so I must enable it with Resco File Explorer because PhotoAlbum is hidden file (@ JD1 21647 ROM)

;)

I didn't hide anything.

The photoalbum.lnk which is put in the start menu folder is not in the initflashfiles.dat which sets most of the

start menu items. This is a mistake by Samsung, not me.

Guest kaizer hanz
I didn't hide anything.

The photoalbum.lnk which is put in the start menu folder is not in the initflashfiles.dat which sets most of the

start menu items. This is a mistake by Samsung, not me.

oohh... okeh... no problem with that, thanks for the explanation from you.. ;)

Sorry if I ask too many questions ;)

Guest dande

Hi Gary,

Please, do you have a cab with Samsung Today from JD1?

I used one but from JD1 but shortcuts do not work (I know how to use them).

I am using JD1 with 23113 and everything works fine.

Thank you very much.

Edited by dande

Guest Gary Crutcher
Thanks GC!

the new titanium is not my cup of tea.

how can I change it back to the default one?

Sorry, but you can't. It's cooked in.

Guest Gary Crutcher
oohh... okeh... no problem with that, thanks for the explanation from you.. ;)

Sorry if I ask too many questions ;)

If you want the photoalbum to show in the Start Menu, copy the PhotoAlbum.lnk file from

\Windows to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Photo Album.lnk

The PhotoAlbum.lnk contents are not correct which is why Samsumg probably did not include it.

Using an editor, add the following to PhotoAlbum.lnk:

28#"\Windows\PhotoAlbum.exe"?:PhotoAlbum

The bold part is what you want to add otherwise no icon will show up in the Start Menu.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
can you cook in a working app launcher panel (contable's) in the next ver?

I'll see what I can do.

I'm playing around with it now.

Hi GC,

First time trying out your ROMs and I must say that you are very efficient in churning out new ROMs!

A couple of issues I face:

1) I use SMS-Chat and whenever i send a message, I always get a reply of "The message you sent to *number* has been delievered"

Anyway to disable this?

2)Im not sure if this is issue is from the ROM but whenever I install SPB Mobileshile, it comes out in a foreign language! (Greek??)

Do you happen to know any fix for this?

Other than that, Keep up the good work!! ;)

Thanks!!

Guest lucienium
Hi GC,

First time trying out your ROMs and I must say that you are very efficient in churning out new ROMs!

A couple of issues I face:

1) I use SMS-Chat and whenever i send a message, I always get a reply of "The message you sent to *number* has been delievered"

Anyway to disable this?

2)Im not sure if this is issue is from the ROM but whenever I install SPB Mobileshile, it comes out in a foreign language! (Greek??)

Do you happen to know any fix for this?

Other than that, Keep up the good work!! ;)

Thanks!!

For #2, have you tried changing your regional settings to your country?

Guest nap_rz
I'll see what I can do.

I'm playing around with it now.

great, I hope you can get it work and cooked in ;)

and if you don't mind, I would like to voice my opinion about some stuffs

it's about samsung phonebook and messaging app, TBH I can only find 2 advantage they have over the standard wm app :

1. nicer looks although not much

2. allow mms

however no matter how I look at them, they have serious problems :

1. far slower.... it take some seconds for the phone to send a sms after I hit the send button, and even slower if I send it to multiple numbers, this is for me is 'retarded' in this day and with tech on my phone......sorry but I can't see how geeks could be okay with this?

2. don't have email capability, have to rely on the windows app

3. as I mentioned since I bought the phone, it does not let me send sms to a person's 2nd, 3rd and consecutive numbers or any numbers other than the one filled it under the 'mobilephone' field........ this may not be a problem for most part of the world where a person only have 1 cellphone, but here in my country, people can have 2, 3 or even 4 cellphones! this make my upper end smartphone somewhat ridiculous for not being able to do what a $40 'cheap-imported from china' cellphones can do ;)

4. for the samsung phonebook, it is eating ridiculous amount of RAM (5MB?!) compared to the wm app for no apparent advantage -and again, it far slower to do anything with it-.

wm messaging app may look outdated but they do the job well, and there is actually some skins for it http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...p;highlight=sms

I don't and not in any way possible to force you to do this, but if you would dump the samsung messaging and phonebook app, I would be very very very grateful ;)

Edited by nap_rz

Guest Gary Crutcher

and if you don't mind, I would like to voice my opinion about some stuffs

it's about samsung phonebook and messaging app, TBH I can only find 2 advantage they have over the standard wm app :

1. nicer looks although not much

2. allow mms

however no matter how I look at them, they have serious problems :

1. far slower.... it take some seconds for the phone to send a sms after I hit the send button, and even slower if I send it to multiple numbers, this is for me is 'retarded' in this day and with tech on my phone......sorry but I can't see how geeks could be okay with this?

2. don't have email capability, have to rely on the windows app

3. as I mentioned since I bought the phone, it does not let me send sms to a person's 2nd, 3rd and consecutive numbers or any numbers other than the one filled it under the 'mobilephone' field........ this may not be a problem for most part of the world where a person only have 1 cellphone, but here in my country, people can have 2, 3 or even 4 cellphones! this make my upper end smartphone somewhat ridiculous for not being able to do what a $40 'cheap-imported from china' cellphones can do ;)

4. for the samsung phonebook, it is eating ridiculous amount of RAM (5MB?!) compared to the wm app for no apparent advantage -and again, it far slower to do anything with it-.

wm messaging app may look outdated but they do the job well, and there is actually some skins for it http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...p;highlight=sms

I don't and not in any way possible to force you to do this, but if you would dump the samsung messaging and phonebook app, I would be very very very grateful ;)

Ok...here's my dilema: If I remove them, then someone will say "Why did you remove the Samsung apps? I use them."

Best way is to delete the lnks from the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder so they do not

show up in the Start Menu.

Guest quizesilver
Ok...here's my dilema: If I remove them, then someone will say "Why did you remove the Samsung apps? I use them."

Best way is to delete the lnks from the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder so they do not

show up in the Start Menu.

cook the one u wan to try

but having own style ;)

Guest Gary Crutcher

The one thing I don't like about the Application plugin is that it doesn't use the icon

in the app.exe file. You have to specify a separate icon file.

Anyone know a way around this?

Guest nap_rz
The one thing I don't like about the Application plugin is that it doesn't use the icon

in the app.exe file. You have to specify a separate icon file.

Anyone know a way around this?

let the users do that themselves? there are many icons at xda... but you made it work, didn't u? I tried that plug in on several ROM without success, I couldn't add any apps...

Guest Gary Crutcher
let the users do that themselves? there are many icons at xda... but you made it work, didn't u? I tried that plug in on several ROM without success, I couldn't add any apps...

Yes, I have it working on JD1/21647.

I've manually installed it for now.

But, having a problem converting .cab to OEM file.

Guest Rdy2Go
hi gc i am having some prob with 23113

been hanging..

ram is enuff too.

not too sure

will be trying back 23557

21647 seems to hang quite often (1/hour) when using standard WM6.5 lock - unable to wake up and unlock, battery removal is the only option ;)

Guest kaizer hanz

hai GC,

did you test Messaging on 21647 ...?

why I cannot make New Message (in tmail.exe and jinbox.exe cannot make New Message)

re, ;)

Guest Gary Crutcher
hai GC,

did you test Messaging on 21647 ...?

why I cannot make New Message (in tmail.exe and jinbox.exe cannot make New Message)

re, ;)

Yes, I tested messaging. Been using it for 3 days now with no messaging problems.

Did you try messaging before you installed any programs?

Guest dande
hi gc i am having some prob with 23113

been hanging..

ram is enuff too.

not too sure

will be trying back 23557

23113 version works just fine for me.

No hangs or anything else so far.

Just remember to HR each time you flash a new rom.

Please if anyone has Samsung Today in cab from JD1 which works correctly please let me know.

I already have two but none works ok on shortcuts.

Thank you.

Guest Gary Crutcher
21647 seems to hang quite often (1/hour) when using standard WM6.5 lock - unable to wake up and unlock, battery removal is the only option ;)

Turned on WM6.5 lock over an hour ago.

Have no problems waking up or unlocking. Tried multiple times with up to 30 mins in-between wakeups.

Will leave it enabled for more hours and see.

Guest Glilium
I read the thread. Do you realize the camera.exe pako777 made is 1) for the I900 and 2) is over a year old.

Samsung may have made improvements in the O2 camera.exe. The file sizes are very different:

O2 camera.exe - 3214 KB

Pako777 camera.exe - 4660 KB

Try this link (Post #77):

CameraX.exe

Change the name to Camera.exe and copy to \Windows. Backup your original camera.exe first!

But I had problem replacing the original camera.exe in the \Windows.

So is there any suggestion on how to replace it?