1. fix the registry process in v4. (sorry, the code not always work... and there's a test code there... only process one .rgu file in v4)
i8000lite_v4.1_JH2.zip 58.8K 1147 downloads
If you want to change the kernel for the rom, you can following the procedure here (Using I8000NXXJH2 and 23133 CHT XIP/SYS):
1. dump I8000NXXJH2 rom using wes58's romtool.
2. create SYS_23133 folder, and extract 23133 kernel, move files from 23133_COMMON, 23133_COMMON_0404, 23133_WVGA_COMMON, 23133_WVGA_0404 (i8000 is a WVGA device, and CHT is 0404) to SYS_23133 (there might have sub folder under above folder, make sure the SYS_23133 structure like SYS folder), like :
i8000_change_kernel_p1.jpg 151.82K 1218 downloads
3. create XIPtools\XIP_23133 folder, move files from 23133_XIP like this:
i8000_change_kernel_p2.jpg 92.85K 638 downloads
4. delete OEM\OEM_Lang_0409 folder, and copy OEM\OEM_Lang_0404 from I8000HZHJC2), like:
i8000_change_kernel_p3.jpg 113.11K 522 downloads
5. delete SYS_23133\SIM_TKit (this exist in OEM\OEMDrivers folder)
6. in wes58's romtool, choose SYS to use SYS_23133, then choose Port XIP/Delete Modules and Adjust Size of XIP, like this:
i8000_change_kernel_p4.jpg 126.6K 820 downloads
7. Click Run, then you should get a rom with new language and new kernel.
Sometimes, there might have duplicate files in OEM\OEMApps and OEM\OEM_Lang_xxxx (Samsung put the file to different folder for different language), you need to delete one of them, to avoid the error in BuildOS.
If you need the lite version for this rom, you need some extra steps between step 5 and step 6, like this:
5.1 extract i8000lite_v2_JH2_CHT.zip, there's i8000lite.php and LITE folder like this:
i8000_change_kernel_p5.jpg 132.77K 459 downloads
i8000_change_kernel_p6.jpg 97.22K 338 downloads
5.2 move LITE\zzzzzMyMods to OEM folder (you may need to change the setting in .rgu for different language), like this:
i8000_change_kernel_p7.jpg 130.84K 415 downloads
5.3 edit LITE\lang.txt, change to 0409 and 0404 (the mix language you choose).
5.4 execute the commnad:
php -Cq i8000lite.php kernel=23133
then go back to step 6 to build the rom, you should get the lite rom.
1. support different kernel, you can assign kernel=xxxxx when execute the script, it will process SYS_xxxxx
2. you can add more language in LITE\lang.txt if you mix different language rom files.
3. fixed some issue when processing chinese registry file.
4. loading deleted files from LITE\OEM\*.txt also, so you can just leave LITE\deleted_files.txt for such files not exists in any OEM packages only.
# new version here: http://www.modaco.co...o...t&p=1243716
It's very easy, just following this documentation step by step:
0. get php win32 binary from here: http://windows.php.net/download/ and install it to c:\php\
1. get sorg's dskdump.exe from here: http://www.modaco.co...60/dskdump-2-0/
2. flash the official rom and choose the language you need, then use dskdump.exe to dump the rom to rom_dump.bin
3. get wes58's romtool from here: http://www.modaco.co...ld-application/
4. copy _Template folder to I8000NXXJD1, and follow wes58's documentation, copy and change the file we need for LZX compression.
5. put rom_dump.bin to I8000NXXJD1 folder, like this:
step0.png 85.64K 3329 downloads
6. execute romtool.exe, choose 'Dump PDA (.nb0, .nb, .bin file)', and click the 'Select File' button to choose the rom_dump.bin, then check the option like this:
step1.png 34.2K 2112 downloads
then click 'Run' button, wait for a few minutes, you will get a result like this:
step1_1.png 47.04K 1679 downloads
7. then choose 'Setting', click 'Start ExtReloc' button like:
step2.png 42.81K 2067 downloads
8. change to 'Optoins' tab in ExtReloc, then change the option and like this:
step2_1.png 68.04K 2265 downloads
then click 'Save Options', then exit ExtReloc program.
9. extract files (include folder) from i8000lite.zip, you should get the environment like:
step3.png 138.6K 2459 downloads
step3_1.png 131.37K 1591 downloads
step3_2.png 137.52K 1460 downloads
10. open a command prompt, change to the I8000NXXJD1 folder, make sure the php command work fine for 'c:\php\php.exe -v', then execute 'c:\php\php.exe -Cq i8000lite.php' like this:
step4.png 60.29K 1401 downloads
the result will like this:
step4_1.png 82.65K 1100 downloads
the script will move files we don't want to deleted folder like:
step4_2.png 124.09K 1452 downloads
11. you can do some fine tune here, to delete some other files, change some registry, add some program.... (change the setting in zzzzMyMods folder, it's for English, some might change in different langaue)
12. return to romtool.exe, choose 'Build PDA (.nb0 file) tab, and Click the '...' button after 'Work Folder' to choose the our work folder (I8000NXXJD1, yes you need to choose it again, even it's already this folder), change the PDA version to what you like, and click the option like this (also change the pagepool size to what you want):
step5.png 44.05K 1363 downloads
13. click 'Run', it will pop-up BuildOS like this:
step5_1.png 32.95K 414 downloads
14. click the green execute button, and wait for a few minutes, it should like this:
step5_2.png 31.14K 317 downloads
15. before you close BuildOS, here is the final stage if you still need to modify some files or some setting, just do it in 'temp\dump' folder....
16. close BuildOS program, it will pop-up ExtReloc like this:
step5_3.png 96.13K 956 downloads
17. then just wait... maybe 5-10 minutes depend on you computer speed... you should get the result like this:
step5_4.png 39.4K 739 downloads
18. then check the 'Finished ROM' folder, you should get the lite ROM here:
step6.png 116.85K 666 downloads
19. flash it and test it...
for cabs... there's no easy way or script to do it, you need to use 'WinCE Cab Manager' to create it or modify the one I created.
here is the file include the script, setting, and zzzzzMyMods OEM.
i8000lite_eng.zip 27.46K 1233 downloads
PS. please delete the following line in deleted_files.txt, if you remove this, and forget to put a new file (4 row menu) for this, you can't see the start menu after flash the rom:
Edited by twu2, 24 September 2010 - 02:22 AM.