142 replies to this topic

jezze boi

jezze boi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i920 and i910

Was just in clearing stages... On a positive note, I put everything back in sys and it finally booted up... so that is good... still a long ways to go... but this is gonna be fun...

Sadly, I need to travel for business, so I am likely gonna flash someone else's rom for the near term just so that I don't run into any troubles whilest away...

Most (if not all) of the cooks seem to be married or have professional jobs
just curious.. but how old is the youngest cook here?
sorry it is an irrelevant question... but i'm a very curious person

Steel Reign

Steel Reign

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

just curious.. but how old is the youngest cook here?

I'm 19. Don't have a job, i'm a student.

jezze boi

jezze boi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i920 and i910

I'm 19. Don't have a job, i'm a student.

oh ok
i thought i was too young to be doing this
i'm still in high school (17)

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx
damn, 30 years old, work about 50-60hrs a week, single dad with 2 kids.

oh ok
i thought i was too young to be doing this
i'm still in high school (17)

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Devices:Vzw - Samsung Omnia i920
  • Twitter:@ninja4hire

Ok this is my first attempt and I cant get past the part after i download kitchen and run extract files then when i run the buildrom it says my flash rom size is empty instead of the 280 or so ????!!!!! Help what did i miss? The rgu file is there before the build but is missing after?

Ok so you can extract the kitchen, but you get an error when you try to build the rom? Do you have all the folders (SYS, OEM, ROM, TOOLS)?

unchoney

unchoney

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:omnia

Ok so you can extract the kitchen, but you get an error when you try to build the rom? Do you have all the folders (SYS, OEM, ROM, TOOLS)?

No it builds ok with no errors... after the flashnbo shows 0 size? I can open up the winrar download without extracting and the kitchen and everything is there but cannot edit anything without extracting. The 45efa rgu and the dsm file is there in the oem lang 0409 folder before i extract but not after just a 45efa dsm. I have tied to run the builrom command from the rar but the black dos(i think that is what i am seeing) screen flashes then disappears without bringing up the buildos screen like it does after extracting. which the line is just buildrom instead of buildrom.cmd

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
Trying to put NETCF3.5 in. I keep getting this: the target file "temp\dump\mscoree.dll" is a directory, not a file.

HeLP!

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Trying to put NETCF3.5 in. I keep getting this: the target file "temp\dump\mscoree.dll" is a directory, not a file.

HeLP!

X

3.5 should already be added in unless you are using a stock VZW SYS folder. It comes with all the new builds already.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
Building my own, just want to know how to get past it. Something about my tools needing it to be a 'flat' something...

Yes, using stock.

3.5 should already be added in unless you are using a stock VZW SYS folder. It comes with all the new builds already.

Posted Image

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

Building my own, just want to know how to get past it. Something about my tools needing it to be a 'flat' something...

Yes, using stock.

using the tools I have given (ultimately from Wozzer THANKS YO!) you cannot have any duplicates.

This means that if there is a shellres.192.dll file in your OEM folder, AND a shellres.192.dll file (OR FOLDER) in the SYS folder somewhere, you will have a failure.

This is easy to fix especailly using windows 7, just do a quick search, as in our example shellres.192.dll in the kitchen root folder. When you see duplicate files, or a file and a folder with the same name, make sure you are using one or the other, and delete or move the other one out of the kitchen SYS/OEM folders.

I have a custom shellres.192.dll for my icons, so I have to remove shellres.192.dll folder (which also has the shellres.192.dll file in it) to another place or delete it.

Make sense? (or does it make ZeroSense? I couldn't help it!)

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

using the tools I have given (ultimately from Wozzer THANKS YO!) you cannot have any duplicates.

This means that if there is a shellres.192.dll file in your OEM folder, AND a shellres.192.dll file (OR FOLDER) in the SYS folder somewhere, you will have a failure.

This is easy to fix especailly using windows 7, just do a quick search, as in our example shellres.192.dll in the kitchen root folder. When you see duplicate files, or a file and a folder with the same name, make sure you are using one or the other, and delete or move the other one out of the kitchen SYS/OEM folders.

I have a custom shellres.192.dll for my icons, so I have to remove shellres.192.dll folder (which also has the shellres.192.dll file in it) to another place or delete it.

Make sense? (or does it make ZeroSense? I couldn't help it!)

it thinks it is a directory by the sound of it. but if I remove the file in the rom you are saying that the file coming from 3.5 should work? all I am doing is trying to package that.net stuff into the rom to see if I can do it.already cooked one which I am writing to you on but I need to know how to do this basic step. make sense? if it was just aa duplicate file wouldn't build os tell me that instead of what I quoted?

x

Posted Image

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

it thinks it is a directory by the sound of it. but if I remove the file in the rom you are saying that the file coming from 3.5 should work? all I am doing is trying to package that.net stuff into the rom to see if I can do it.already cooked one which I am writing to you on but I need to know how to do this basic step. make sense? if it was just aa duplicate file wouldn't build os tell me that instead of what I quoted?

x

"temp\dump\mscoree.dll"
means there IS a duplicate. You cannot have a file AND a folder with the same name existing in the same folder.

so file x cannot exist with folder x, windows just won't let it.

you really don't need to add .net 3.5 because it is already in the sys folder.

You will notice there is a NetCF folder in SYS.

in that folder there is a folder called mscoree.dll

and yes in that folder there is a file called mscoree.dll

so basically one or the other has to go. either your mscoree.dll file in your OEM folder, or the mscoree.dll folder AND file in the NetCF folder.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
I am using dc 23 stock not the black blue you sent me. also using some newer tools. I can't believe they packaged this shut like this.

x

Posted Image

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

I am using dc 23 stock not the black blue you sent me. also using some newer tools. I can't believe they packaged this shut like this.

x

newer tools?

WinJo69

WinJo69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omina II i920
AMDZero and other chefs,

Trying my luck at this crazy thing called cooking.

I thought I was doing real good until this:
C:\Cooking\i920_Kitchen_2>BuildROM.cmd
Could Not Find C:\Cooking\i920_Kitchen_2\FlashRom.nb0
Running BuildOS
The system cannot execute the specified program.

There was an error: Please run BuildROM again!

The system cannot find the batch label specified - error

C:\Cooking\i920_Kitchen_2>
I thought it might be something I did so I tried it again on an unmodified kitchen and I still get the same error.
I'm sure its a problem between the keyboard and the back of the chair but I just can't zero in on it.
A Little help PLZ

Thanks!

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

AMDZero and other chefs,

Trying my luck at this crazy thing called cooking.

I thought I was doing real good until this:
C:\Cooking\i920_Kitchen_2>BuildROM.cmd
Could Not Find C:\Cooking\i920_Kitchen_2\FlashRom.nb0
Running BuildOS
The system cannot execute the specified program.

There was an error: Please run BuildROM again!

The system cannot find the batch label specified - error

C:\Cooking\i920_Kitchen_2>
I thought it might be something I did so I tried it again on an unmodified kitchen and I still get the same error.
I'm sure its a problem between the keyboard and the back of the chair but I just can't zero in on it.
A Little help PLZ

Thanks!

Can't say that I have seen that error before. Try deleting the temp folder and if you do have a flashrom.nbo file in the kitchen delete that as well. Not sure if that will do anything, but it's worth a shot.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

newer tools?

yah, package creator 5.5
using cab2pkg, pkg2cab, found on xda i think.
messin with syakr10_rc1

but here's my question:

Ok, so I just incorporated NETCF3.5 into the Stock Rom (that AMD posted) i had to remove:

mscoree.dll
netcfmail3_5.dll
netcfd3dm3_5.dll
mscoree3_5.dll
SetupDLL.dll
netcfagl3_5.dll

Now. I can't remember who said it but someone said something about 3.5 already being in the stock rom? Is that correct information? Because i just CAB to OEM'd into the ROM, BuildOS took it like a champ, but i had to remove the above 6 files.

Now, if .net3.5 was already in the stock rom? how come it only complained about 6 files, and not all them?

Hmm...

Got a road trip, will be back around 5:00pm EST.
Hope someone has an answer by then :)

Thanks,

X

Posted Image

WinJo69

WinJo69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omina II i920

Can't say that I have seen that error before. Try deleting the temp folder and if you do have a flashrom.nbo file in the kitchen delete that as well. Not sure if that will do anything, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the reply. I don't even find a TEMP folder or a .nbo file anywhere in the kitchen.

Again, I tried running this directly from the "i920 DC23 Stock" Kitchen I downloaded as the first steps in this thread\document and it does not work there either. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Thanks for the reply. I don't even find a TEMP folder or a .nbo file anywhere in the kitchen.

Again, I tried running this directly from the "i920 DC23 Stock" Kitchen I downloaded as the first steps in this thread\document and it does not work there either. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3

Thanks in advance for your replies.

There is no reason you should not be able to build from XP.
Ok try this. I have rar'd up the Tools folder and the build OS files. Delete everything except your OEM,SYS, and ROM folder. Copy all this into your kitchen folder where those folders are, and then try to build.

Attached File  BuildROM_and_Tools.rar   4.06MB   19 downloads

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

yah, package creator 5.5
using cab2pkg, pkg2cab, found on xda i think.
messin with syakr10_rc1

but here's my question:

Ok, so I just incorporated NETCF3.5 into the Stock Rom (that AMD posted) i had to remove:

mscoree.dll
netcfmail3_5.dll
netcfd3dm3_5.dll
mscoree3_5.dll
SetupDLL.dll
netcfagl3_5.dll

Now. I can't remember who said it but someone said something about 3.5 already being in the stock rom? Is that correct information? Because i just CAB to OEM'd into the ROM, BuildOS took it like a champ, but i had to remove the above 6 files.

Now, if .net3.5 was already in the stock rom? how come it only complained about 6 files, and not all them?

Hmm...

Got a road trip, will be back around 5:00pm EST.
Hope someone has an answer by then :)

Thanks,

X

can you post the oem package, or the cab or the link to either. I'll take a look at it.

and YES the updated versions of winmo already have .net cf in them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users