Question Regarding Slow Lock Screen

Guest Bryan W.

Hey here is a quick quest for you pro chefs out there.

When unlocking the phone, sometimes the unlock screen lags before appearing, showing whatever screen was behind it. Sometimes it is so slow I can even access that backround screen for a sec before the lock kicks in! Sometimes a notification comes up and I have to close it before I can hit unlock button. Why is the unlock screen so darn slow? I'm used to flipping out my old style phone and whipping up a quick a phone call. It seems the screen only loads when you are unlocking the phone.. is there mabey a way to have the lock screen load initially when you lock so it is already cached or loaded when you are ready unlock?

Guest Bryan W.

Perhaps it just my and me expectations, since no one seems to have noticed this also.

I've noticed it on every rom I've tried, although seems faster with the custom ROMs than was OEM. And really no difference if I used a different theme.

I've used the s2 unlock and noticed it also took a second to load sometimes.

Guest buffpatel

You know, I am also having issues with this lock screen thing as well. I notice it best when the phone is on the main screen, and then I press the lock screen side button on the phone. The screen goes blank, but I think WinMobile does not actually load the lock screen. When you then press the hangup button to power on the screen, the screen will initially show the main menu for a second or 2 and you can even access buttons from the screen before WinMobile finally loads the "lock screen" screen, and only then can you press the unlock button on the screen to get to use the phone. I am using Ninja4Hire Today Rom currently, but will admit I've noticed it on every ROM I've tried so far.

In the end, this is a minor annoyance that really should not detract from some great ROMS out there, but if anyone ever finds a fix for this, I'd be very grateful.

Guest amdzero
You know, I am also having issues with this lock screen thing as well. I notice it best when the phone is on the main screen, and then I press the lock screen side button on the phone. The screen goes blank, but I think WinMobile does not actually load the lock screen. When you then press the hangup button to power on the screen, the screen will initially show the main menu for a second or 2 and you can even access buttons from the screen before WinMobile finally loads the "lock screen" screen, and only then can you press the unlock button on the screen to get to use the phone. I am using Ninja4Hire Today Rom currently, but will admit I've noticed it on every ROM I've tried so far.

In the end, this is a minor annoyance that really should not detract from some great ROMS out there, but if anyone ever finds a fix for this, I'd be very grateful.

If you are talking about the samsung lockscreen then I cannot help you as I've stopped searching for a fix.

If you are talking about the Windows Mobile Lockscreen then you can try the smartlock program to help you out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=506959

Guest Bryan W.

For those who read this in the future:

I have discovered that the Samsung Default lock screen (the one where you press a buttom on the left) is some sort of flash file being run, and I attribute this as a possible cause of the slow behavior.

In any case, the solution was to use an alternative. I didn't understand the wide variety of lock screens until now.

Guest amdzero
For those who read this in the future:

I have discovered that the Samsung Default lock screen (the one where you press a buttom on the left) is some sort of flash file being run, and I attribute this as a possible cause of the slow behavior.

In any case, the solution was to use an alternative. I didn't understand the wide variety of lock screens until now.

yeah it's actually an .exe displaying the .swf file. We have tried many times to recreate the .fla to edit the flash file and make it our own, or speed it up to no avail.

Guest Omega Ra
yeah it's actually an .exe displaying the .swf file. We have tried many times to recreate the .fla to edit the flash file and make it our own, or speed it up to no avail.

yes, it is quite sad really. We even got a hold of the korean .exe which uses a dll instead of a swf, but couldn't get the touchplayer integration working nor get the characters to display correctly (the korean one was a slider lock)

Guest surgex
yes, it is quite sad really. We even got a hold of the korean .exe which uses a dll instead of a swf, but couldn't get the touchplayer integration working nor get the characters to display correctly (the korean one was a slider lock)

Damn, I was hoping some progress would be made with this.

This pisses me off to no avail...the lockscreen is a HUGE resource hog and it really doesn't do anything useful.

*rage*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest inedesomhlp

not really a fix but if u hold the button 4 a sec when locking the screen it will load the lock screen so when u unlock it will b right there, this only works when using the button on the side tho

Guest chriswells13
not really a fix but if u hold the button 4 a sec when locking the screen it will load the lock screen so when u unlock it will b right there, this only works when using the button on the side tho

Nice one. I would consider it a fix.