JE1 News???

Guest Rothariger

Guest AndrewTan

Different people different taste.

For me, Microsoft move down the start and close button to lower is the correct way:

- Bigger icon make easier pointing via finger (I use finger all the time, stylus is history and not needed).

- I didn't find such bottom icon ugly, it looks more polish and nicer, with freedom of theming, it make it more perfect and beauty.

- At the bottom is more convinient than on top. (nearly 90% of phone OS put the menu button and close/exit on bottom also)

- The signal and notification shall on top, it looks weird if putting on below.

So for me, WM 6.5.x decision by Microsoft is the correct way Microsoft move on.

I use WM 6.5.x since people port it, WM 6.5.x is perfect better in term on speed and stability. I didn't find any major issue on custom ROM base on WM 6.5.x or recent WM 6.5.x release by Samsung (JD3). Public or beta (I don't find it beta, for me it considered final) is not an issue for me, as long as it work correctly.

Public release not means shall be better, remember all the final ROM install by Samsung default all working less perfect than all ROM publish on net.

Battery life wise, I found it simply nearly same as WM 6.5, sligthly reduce for me is ok, I don't bother on this. The OMNIA II life span is great for me already, you go use the Nexus One, then you know how crazy Android (probably the snapdragon processor) sucking the battery life.

** Performance means the capabilities of a product, since when it is only related to Battery Life (As I seen most move back to WM 6.5 just because of the 10% to 20% battery life reduce?) How about those speed, stability, friendly and etc? those not count on performance? Is that means performance = battery life? Definately not.

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest Rapid81
- Bigger icon make easier pointing via finger (I use finger all the time, stylus is history and not needed).

I never used stylus on 6.5, only in Total Commander.

Guest AndrewTan
I never used stylus on 6.5, only in Total Commander.

Ops, sorry to said Total Commander is antique for me. Never use it and bother about it.

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest Rapid81
Ops, sorry to said Total Commander is antique for me. Never use it and bother about it.

I need to, to overwrite files what're in the ROM. :P

Guest bluhound
I need to, to overwrite files what're in the ROM. :D

What about Resco File Explorer 2010? I find it equal to Total Commander with an advantage to be finger friendly. It also supports overwriting to protected directories and it comes with a registry editor too! Its not *cough* free *cough* though... :P

Guest AndrewTan
What about Resco File Explorer 2010? I find it equal to Total Commander with an advantage to be finger friendly. It also supports overwriting to protected directories and it comes with a registry editor too! Its not *cough* free *cough* though... :P

I using Resco File Explorer 2010 as well. Better touch user friendly and easier to use than Total Commander.

Is time Total Commander retired.

Guest AndrewTan
were all besides the point of the topic here, the topic is about news on JE1, so.. any NEWS ?

Ha ha ha! you are right, this thread is completely out of topic now.

I also awaiting on JE? firmware. :P as I got nothing to play now (nothing to flash on both of my phone) kinda bored....

Guest bluhound
were all besides the point of the topic here, the topic is about news on JE1, so.. any NEWS ?

lol, I guess we kinda accidentally hijacked the topic. Anyway, there is no news about JE1. Seems like the topic starter just out of nowhere thought about JE1 and asked about it. Can't blame him though. From the first post, he seems overly excited about new ROMs... :P

Guest Del1701
Ha ha ha! you are right, this thread is completely out of topic now.

I also awaiting on JE? firmware. :P as I got nothing to play now (nothing to flash on both of my phone) kinda bored....

Same here, I'm using JD3 and finding it realy good but I'm itching to get flashing again :D

Guest M102

Hope they fix the SMS freeze on JE1... on JD3 it locks when i create a new blank sms and i click on "Tap to add recipients"...

Guest Ender Psp
LoL, i'm sorry for being the 1st one who brought the windows version wish... :P

Don't be. We all expect it, no matter what version it is, really. Any improvement is a step forward, at least in theory :D

I'm surprised there are no rumors yet of JE? ... :P

Guest Rothariger
Don't be. We all expect it, no matter what version it is, really. Any improvement is a step forward, at least in theory :P

I'm surprised there are no rumors yet of JE? ... :D

the JD1, was released in 9 of april... :P