preparing for the plunge

Guest RKPsk8er
have you flashed DC23 official and does it work?

Try flashing my V2 or V3 rom just to see if it will sync with WMDC.

I don't have any computers with Vista, so the troubleshooting will have to occur on your end (or someone else who has this problem AND has vista)

I tried your rom, official DC23, and both of ninja's and all of them have to same problem. The roms work great until I try to connect to wmdc then they lock up and require a restart.

Guest kdkinc

Ok..

Found this Guide on the GSM thread.

Maybe there is something you can get out of it like Vista drivers .

As you know the GSM phone flashes differently but the Vista is still the same.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...y/#entry1083439

I'm out of ideas it seems to really point to the Pc usb port issue, I had port issues with my win 7/32.I use the ports on the front of my PC.

It will let me flash the other I use to do Samsung or VZW official upgrade. Wondering also if you might have a faulty USB cable ???

:) :)

Guest amdzero
Ok..

Found this Guide on the GSM thread.

Maybe there is something you can get out of it like Vista drivers .

As you know the GSM phone flashes differently but the Vista is still the same.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...y/#entry1083439

I'm out of ideas it seems to really point to the Pc usb port issue, I had port issues with my win 7/32.I use the ports on the front of my PC.

It will let me flash the other I use to do Samsung or VZW official upgrade. Wondering also if you might have a faulty USB cable ???

:) :)

okay I don't have vista, I need someone who has vista to load up my version 2 rom and see if there are any sync problems.

Guest RKPsk8er
okay I don't have vista, I need someone who has vista to load up my version 2 rom and see if there are any sync problems.

link to ver 2?

Guest amdzero
I'll test it when I get home from work however I don't think your rom was the issue. I believe I have a usb port/driver issue. Thanks for the link.

oh okay, well only for those who have a problem NOT related to usb port/driver issue LOL

Guest RKPsk8er

So tonight I flashed back to original dc23 and the phone is still locking up after connecting to my computer. WMDC has been reinstalled a few times now with no luck. What I'd like to know is, what is the original version of the Samsung MITs sync driver that would have been on here prior to changing it for flashing? I also read the the vista thread for the i8000 without finding a solution. sigh

Guest amdzero
So tonight I flashed back to original dc23 and the phone is still locking up after connecting to my computer. WMDC has been reinstalled a few times now with no luck. What I'd like to know is, what is the original version of the Samsung MITs sync driver that would have been on here prior to changing it for flashing? I also read the the vista thread for the i8000 without finding a solution. sigh

I'm not an expert here, but there are different drivers for the same phone. When you plug your phone in while off, it is recognized differently than when on and plugged in.

So you can have the i8000 drivers used for flashing installed and working, AND have the default samsung drivers installed and working for WMDC (well at least for me it's working).

Guest RKPsk8er
I'm not an expert here, but there are different drivers for the same phone. When you plug your phone in while off, it is recognized differently than when on and plugged in.

So you can have the i8000 drivers used for flashing installed and working, AND have the default samsung drivers installed and working for WMDC (well at least for me it's working).

I was also under the impression that two seperate drivers were used but I wasn't sure. I think I may have accidentally installed the "flashing" driver for the device twice, while the phone was off and once while it was on. Do you happen to know what driver to use when the phone is turned on so that I could try reinstalling it?

I don't know if its worth mentioning, but I CAN put my phone into mass storage mode to add cab's and move things around with no problem.

Guest amdzero
I was also under the impression that two seperate drivers were used but I wasn't sure. I think I may have accidentally installed the "flashing" driver for the device twice, while the phone was off and once while it was on. Do you happen to know what driver to use when the phone is turned on so that I could try reinstalling it?

I don't know if its worth mentioning, but I CAN put my phone into mass storage mode to add cab's and move things around with no problem.

just connect the phone while its on, and quickly uninstall the drivers associated with it in device manager.

then you should be able to start from scratch, and don't select the i8000 driver, just use the default one.

Guest RKPsk8er
just connect the phone while its on, and quickly uninstall the drivers associated with it in device manager.

then you should be able to start from scratch, and don't select the i8000 driver, just use the default one.

When I pull up the device manager, whether the phone is on or off, my computer has 4 known drivers listed that I can change between. They are all labelled as Samsung MITs but I collected some info on each one starting from the top of the list:

driver 1 - Microsoft Corporation 5/31/2007 6.1.69 (digitally signed)

driver 2 - Microsoft 10/6/2004 4.0.42 (digitally signed)

driver 3 - Microsoft 6/21/2006 6.0.60 (digitally signed)

driver 4 - Microsfot 10/6/2008 6.0.87 (NOT digitally signed)

I have updated to each of these while the phone is on with no luck. Also, I have 2 usb cables and attempted this on multiple usb ports. :)

Guest amdzero
When I pull up the device manager, whether the phone is on or off, my computer has 4 known drivers listed that I can change between. They are all labelled as Samsung MITs but I collected some info on each one starting from the top of the list:

driver 1 - Microsoft Corporation 5/31/2007 6.1.69 (digitally signed)

driver 2 - Microsoft 10/6/2004 4.0.42 (digitally signed)

driver 3 - Microsoft 6/21/2006 6.0.60 (digitally signed)

driver 4 - Microsfot 10/6/2008 6.0.87 (NOT digitally signed)

I have updated to each of these while the phone is on with no luck. Also, I have 2 usb cables and attempted this on multiple usb ports. :)

Man I don't know what to say. I don't use WMDC and without your problem happening to me its tough to know what to do next. do you HAVE to use WMDC?

Guest RKPsk8er
Man I don't know what to say. I don't use WMDC and without your problem happening to me its tough to know what to do next. do you HAVE to use WMDC?

well its not completely necessary, as I don't sync much other than outlook email but, some programs that I have don't install via cab and must be inserted by wmdc.

Guest amdzero
well its not completely necessary, as I don't sync much other than outlook email but, some programs that I have don't install via cab and must be inserted by wmdc.

really? like what programs?

Guest Robtao

If you can't connect at all, it will be tough, but most computer installed programs actually put a CAB somewhere on your phone, and before you tell it to go ahead with the install, you can search for it, copy it, and save it somewhere.