This is a sneak preview of the base that i'll be using for the full MCR release... to give you all a chance to play, tweak, test, comment etc. etc.
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed. You can read more about how to install a CRI on your device in this topic.
- Based on the Euro 2.1 release
- Rooted with Superuser 2.1 by ChainsDD
- Built with the latest version of MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
- STOCK KERNEL
- Rooted boot image with 'adb remount' permission and superuser APK
- busybox with Droid Explorer support
- terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
- System dalvik-cache moved to /cache partition (cachedalvikcache)
- MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
- Added Click-Drag rearrange to Rosie / Sense
- Added Voice Dialer
- Added Voice Search with optional standard android keyboard
- Updated Google Maps
- Optional dropbear (SSH server, username 'root, port 2222, password displayed in 'About' screen)
- Optional A2SD and A2SD+ (old style) via the online kitchen
- Optional baked in Wavesecure via the online kitchen (installed to system partition for maximum security)
- Optional WiFi Status indicator
- Completely de-odexed for theming and optimal customisability
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.
To install this ROM:
- Ensure you have a custom recovery image installed (see 'requirements' above)
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
- Restart your device in recovery mode (power on with the home button pressed)
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.
An online kitchen is available in the post below.
- r5 with additions - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 44b417bfe25351c68a60912469a5ece9
- r5 with additions with radio image - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: c1796fe810bb27582738520907f050ab
- r5 without additions - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 320dff59f73dba0f9cbb75c8c9cc82e4
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.