Paul, on Jun 9 2010, 10:26, said:
Note: The recommended install method for fake-flash is now 'ROM Manager' on the Android Market.
This morning, Koush and I have been working on / stumbling through getting recovery running on a Desire without using a PC for devices rooted with a test image
. The same technique also applies to the Legend. Presenting...
Fake-flash using a similar concept to the original root method, it launches a recovery image from the test image recovery, but instead of pushing the files from a PC, the files are extracted from an update.zip on the SD card. Here's how it works...
When you want to launch the recovery image
- Download the fake-flash update zip from one of the links below
- Copy the update.zip to the root of your SD card (the name MUST remain as update.zip)
- Turn on your device with 'volume down' pressed and select 'Recovery'
- When the exclamation mark appears, press and hold 'volume up' then press 'power'
- Select the second option, 'Apply sdcard:update.zip
- That's it, ClockworkMod recovery should launch!
Just to caveat this initial release, we've yet to carry out extensive testing and you are constrained somewhat by the limitations of the stock kernel (e.g. no support for EXT4).
That's it for now... enjoy... i'll update this post as further advances are made. If you'd like to support Koush's work, consider buying 'ROM Manager Premium' from the Android Market.
I'm having problems installing this on my Desire:
I press Recovery and a phone apers in my screen,
After i select "Apply sdcard:update.zip"
My phone gifs the following problem: "Signature varification faild, Installation aborted"
It gives me the option to install ones more but the same problem keeps comming up....
Please help me.....
Used a new sd card (same problem)
Think I have found it i have (what ever it meens) HBOOT 0.80.0000
Edited by Hekertv, 18 July 2010 - 02:48 PM.