who actually uses tethering?

Guest snapz54

besides just playing with it uses it on a semi daily reliable basis?

what program works for you on a consistently for the i920?

Guest amdzero
besides just playing with it uses it on a semi daily reliable basis?

what program works for you on a consistently for the i920?

I use it on a regular basis, probably biweekly. I use internet connection sharing that comes with windows mobile (not stock, as vzn removed it)

it works great with usb/bluetooth, and I have wmwifirouter for wifi internet sharing.

its good for when I want to watch hulu on the go on my laptop.

Guest haveitnow
I use it on a regular basis, probably biweekly. I use internet connection sharing that comes with windows mobile (not stock, as vzn removed it)

it works great with usb/bluetooth, and I have wmwifirouter for wifi internet sharing.

its good for when I want to watch hulu on the go on my laptop.

I don't use it that often but I've used it a dozen times in the last year on business and personal trips to surf from my laptop in my hotel room and meetings room. I use ICS and WMWIFIROuter. Works awesome.

Guest jaycarl

I use wmwifirouter on a daily basis for work and play.

My boys use it to surf the net on their ipod touch, and netbooks when we take vacations.

My wife uses it to connect a laptop to the net in order to have skype video conversations with family in Spain and Mexico.

Wednesday I used it to connect my Samsung Q1U so I could stream my sons graduation on JustinTV to family across the country.

WMwifirouter use to disconnect sometimes on the i910, but so far it has not disconnected once on the i920. Speeds are about the same though, about 1200 kbps up and 700 down on average with a good signal.

Having a hotspot anywhere at anytime is extremely useful.

Guest RKPsk8er

I was using PDAnet prior to my current flashing issues and it was working well. We were having internet problems at my townhouse at my college so I was actually using PDAnet to connect on my laptop with no problems for hours at a time.

Guest Robtao

I have not been able to get tethering to work for me at all for the last few months. I think it has to do with work network security "improvements" on my work laptop, though. Quite often, as I have tried to get it going, my laptop will shut down and reboot. :)

Guest Snow02

Um, that's not normal, Rob. No security settings should cause the comp to reboot.

But I use tethering several times a week. Super useful. Sometimes a phone browser just isn't big enough, and I always have my laptop on me.