Samsung Messaging App

Guest JohnJayJrV

Guest JohnJayJrV

I, as well as others, are having issues with Sense 2.5 ROMs and MMS. I was wondering if anyone has the Samsung messaging app from teh original rom in cab form. I tried the one in the i8000 cab repository, but that doesn't work. I am hoping if I reinstall the default app it will fix the not receiving MMS issue with sense 2.5...

Thanks,

jv

edit: In trying to figure this out, can someone that has mms working please tell me what they have for the value @ HKLM\Software\MMS\Settings\UAProf?

Also under MML Server Name?

Thanks,

jv

Edited by JohnJayJrV

Guest Steel Reign
I, as well as others, are having issues with Sense 2.5 ROMs and MMS. I was wondering if anyone has the Samsung messaging app from teh original rom in cab form. I tried the one in the i8000 cab repository, but that doesn't work. I am hoping if I reinstall the default app it will fix the not receiving MMS issue with sense 2.5...

Thanks,

jv

edit: In trying to figure this out, can someone that has mms working please tell me what they have for the value @ HKLM\Software\MMS\Settings\UAProf?

Also under MML Server Name?

Thanks,

jv

Courtesy of Ninja4Hire

anyway the sense OEM replaces a registry file that samsung already had. So I replaced it back

Ninja4Hire: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\PushRouter\Registrations\ByCTAndAppId\application/vnd.wap.mms-message;]

@="80724304BD56BF01"

Basically, replace that key with the value above.

Guest JohnJayJrV
Courtesy of Ninja4Hire

anyway the sense OEM replaces a registry file that samsung already had. So I replaced it back

Ninja4Hire: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\PushRouter\Registrations\ByCTAndAppId\application/vnd.wap.mms-message;]

@="80724304BD56BF01"

Basically, replace that key with the value above.

I may have changed something else that it didn't like because I changed that key and still doesn't work. What do you have for the value of MML Server Name? [email protected]?

jv

edit: Ninja's my Hero!! Hard reset, changed reg setting and now can receive pix and text messages....

jv

Edited by JohnJayJrV

Guest Ninja4Hire
I may have changed something else that it didn't like because I changed that key and still doesn't work. What do you have for the value of MML Server Name? [email protected]?

jv

Yes that is what I have.

Edited by Ninja4Hire