[ROM]Ninja4hire *NonSense* (DC23) v2.5.3m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest the sandman

i have a question about the home screen. when i slide the screen downwards the clock moves up and the shortcuts move down and it leaves a big black blank space in the middle. to my knowledge, as this is how it was with Steel's Sense ROM, there's supposed to be music controls in that area. any idea why it's missing? or do you have no idea what im talkin about? lol. i'll try to take a screen shot

edit: uploaded before and after pics from sliding my finger down on the screen. i thought there's supposed to be a music panel there but there isnt. am i wrong?

post-523181-1277324677_thumb.jpg

post-523181-1277324688_thumb.jpg

Edited by the sandman

Guest Ninja4Hire
i have a question about the home screen. when i slide the screen downwards the clock moves up and the shortcuts move down and it leaves a big black blank space in the middle. to my knowledge, as this is how it was with Steel's Sense ROM, there's supposed to be music controls in that area. any idea why it's missing? or do you have no idea what im talkin about? lol. i'll try to take a screen shot

edit: uploaded before and after pics from sliding my finger down on the screen. i thought there's supposed to be a music panel there but there isnt. am i wrong?

yeah I know what your talking about. I am not sure, but I think the music player was not working correctly there. I am working on getting it back in as well as a few other little fixes.

Guest sixstrings
Thats odd, as I've had excellent call quality and signal strength...

Maybe its my area?

i dont think that's the issue..i reloaded ur lite rom and as soon as i did, i had excellent signal strength and call quality. so i loaded 3 different sense roms and all had the same results. everywhere that i had full signal bars with the lite rom, i had only had half to weak signal with sense roms..... weird.....

Guest kdkinc
i dont think that's the issue..i reloaded ur lite rom and as soon as i did, i had excellent signal strength and call quality. so i loaded 3 different sense roms and all had the same results. everywhere that i had full signal bars with the lite rom, i had only had half to weak signal with sense roms..... weird.....

Very weird...

Maybe its a graphic issue as far as bars go. How are you testing the strength ??

;) :(

EDIT: didn't we have the same issue with the i910 rom with Bga55 rom's ?? ( which were excellent also)

Edited by kdkinc

Guest amdzero

is this also using my sense beta rom?

Guest pw-man

Ninja - great rom(s)!!! Usually a NinjaToday users with MS 3.5.x.a.d.f.d.af.f.d.s.r.i.p

Is it me or does Sense seem laggy? (wondering if it is something I am doing, incorrect)

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ninja - great rom(s)!!! Usually a NinjaToday users with MS 3.5.x.a.d.f.d.af.f.d.s.r.i.p

Is it me or does Sense seem laggy? (wondering if it is something I am doing, incorrect)

no sense can be a little laggy at times. That's one of the reasons Steel cooked in the overclock.

Guest MrTex
no sense can be a little laggy at times. That's one of the reasons Steel cooked in the overclock.

Ninja, is there any difference between your nonsense rom builds...v1 and v1m?

v1 is posted at xda and v1m at modaca

I flashed v1 last nite...great rom

Guest Shemmy

V1 vs V1m is a certain feature - read the OP here and the OP at XDA ;)

Regarding the lag, turning off animation in CHT Editor helps quite a bit.

Guest fargot

What makes it that HTC devices can run sense (im assuming normal and smoothly) but its slow on the omnia II. Ive always been confused on why I don't see any discussion about the overall slowness in the omnia or is it just me wanting everything to be perfect? Or maybe its just my phone thats slow?

Guest batch519

It is not the processing power our i920's lack, but the RAM memory needed to run sense or an other UI for that matter. I am thinking about going back to titanium although it is a lot of fun playing with Sense. Wish there was a way to increase the amount of RAM, this phone rocks in every other respect..

Guest lambi1982
It is not the processing power our i920's lack, but the RAM memory needed to run sense or an other UI for that matter. I am thinking about going back to titanium although it is a lot of fun playing with Sense. Wish there was a way to increase the amount of RAM, this phone rocks in every other respect..

I'm pretty sure its the lack of the proper GL drivers that make it laggy and not the RAM at all.

boosting the clock adds a few frames a sec which helps a bit ( as I am using Ninjas v1 @1Ghz) and runs real well. But with the proper GL drivers this would not be needed.

I could be wrong but seems GL is the missing link.

Guest amdzero
I'm pretty sure its the lack of the proper GL drivers that make it laggy and not the RAM at all.

boosting the clock adds a few frames a sec which helps a bit ( as I am using Ninjas v1 @1Ghz) and runs real well. But with the proper GL drivers this would not be needed.

I could be wrong but seems GL is the missing link.

I agree with the GL. If we had sense using the samsung GL drivers properly there would NOT be a slow down. of course I don't have the skills to write a driver, nor a wrapper for a driver.

Or enough time for that matter.

Guest sixstrings
is this also using my sense beta rom?

yes i was...the way i tested it was i made calls from the same spots with the sense roms and then your 6.5.5 lite rom and the call quality was so much better with the lite rom. as a matter of fact i was dropping calls and losing signal with the sense roms.....and i loved the sense roms.... ;)

Guest amdzero
yes i was...the way i tested it was i made calls from the same spots with the sense roms and then your 6.5.5 lite rom and the call quality was so much better with the lite rom. as a matter of fact i was dropping calls and losing signal with the sense roms.....and i loved the sense roms.... ;)

could you try again and disable sense from the today/home screen?

Guest nvrmind

Any chance you can include Samsung SDK 2.2 or at least 2.1 in your next release? 2.0 doesn't allow Pocketshield to unlock using the proximity sensor.

Thanks... Great ROM!

Guest Ninja4Hire
Any chance you can include Samsung SDK 2.2 or at least 2.1 in your next release? 2.0 doesn't allow Pocketshield to unlock using the proximity sensor.

Thanks... Great ROM!

I'll look into it. I'm not familiar with the 2.2-1, so I don't know if there are any drawbacks to stuff already on the rom.

Guest nvrmind
I'll look into it. I'm not familiar with the 2.2-1, so I don't know if there are any drawbacks to stuff already on the rom.

I have 2.2 installed (from cab) and don't see any problems created by it... It does make Pocketshield Proximity work, though.

Guest snapz54

ninja, I can't install you samsung task switcher cab. it installs actually but it won't launch? its not the cab, because it has installed and worked perfectly on previous roms

any ideas?

Guest Ninja4Hire
ninja, I can't install you samsung task switcher cab. it installs actually but it won't launch? its not the cab, because it has installed and worked perfectly on previous roms

any ideas?

Your right! I am not sure what the issues is, but I will put it on my list of stuff to fix. Sorry about that. People kinda like it, so I might just cook it into the next build as well

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest rpmm70
I have 2.2 installed (from cab) and don't see any problems created by it... It does make Pocketshield Proximity work, though.

Do you have the 2.2 certs cab?