Photo

[ROM]Ninja4hire *NonSense* (DC23) v2.5.3m (21914)

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

donaudette

donaudette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i920
I have not noticed any issue with signal strength. I noticed in the steel reign thread a discussion about my texts and quick texts in the registry, it would be sweet to be able to back and restore those, since I don't use them because I cant customize and save them... the guantlet is thrown down for that. Also Ninja, any chance of fixing the buttons? I hate having to change them every reboot. I thought I saw where that was a problem, but I know I have flashed some roms that kept those settings for the buttons. ROM is running great.

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Devices:Vzw - Samsung Omnia i920
  • Twitter:@ninja4hire

I have not noticed any issue with signal strength. I noticed in the steel reign thread a discussion about my texts and quick texts in the registry, it would be sweet to be able to back and restore those, since I don't use them because I cant customize and save them... the guantlet is thrown down for that. Also Ninja, any chance of fixing the buttons? I hate having to change them every reboot. I thought I saw where that was a problem, but I know I have flashed some roms that kept those settings for the buttons. ROM is running great.

You mean the triangle button in the middle (presss and hold functions)? lol yeah that is on my list... I just keep forgetting I swear!!

unchoney

unchoney

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:omnia
Hi Ninja, encountering an issue with the screen at the bottom once in a awhile keeps misaligning the slide menu keeps jumping up leaving a larger black area at bottom..any ideas?

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Hi Ninja, encountering an issue with the screen at the bottom once in a awhile keeps misaligning the slide menu keeps jumping up leaving a larger black area at bottom..any ideas?

huh weird. I haven't seen that issue yet? If you can, please send a screen shot. In the mean time I will look to see if anything may be causing an issue like that. I am actually going to go thru and make sure all the registry entries are solid and all the manila files are up to date. I want to see if I can correct a few other small issues as well.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent work NInja!!! I love it!!!!! I've noticed one thing abt these sense roms tho...it seem to me that my network signal has now been cut in half. where as with other roms the signal was still strong as normal. this has happened with all of the versions of sense roms that i've loaded. the way i tested it to be sure was i would reload another regular rom and my signal would be fine. as soon as i load the sense roms, it would struggle to get 2 bars....even after i wud do the whole *228 update from my fone. just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if there is a fix that i've over looked.

But again bro excellent job!!!!

Thats odd, as I've had excellent call quality and signal strength...

Maybe its my area?

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i920
i have a question about the home screen. when i slide the screen downwards the clock moves up and the shortcuts move down and it leaves a big black blank space in the middle. to my knowledge, as this is how it was with Steel's Sense ROM, there's supposed to be music controls in that area. any idea why it's missing? or do you have no idea what im talkin about? lol. i'll try to take a screen shot

edit: uploaded before and after pics from sliding my finger down on the screen. i thought there's supposed to be a music panel there but there isnt. am i wrong?

Attached Files

Edited by the sandman, 23 June 2010 - 08:25 PM.

Samsung Omnia II i920

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

i have a question about the home screen. when i slide the screen downwards the clock moves up and the shortcuts move down and it leaves a big black blank space in the middle. to my knowledge, as this is how it was with Steel's Sense ROM, there's supposed to be music controls in that area. any idea why it's missing? or do you have no idea what im talkin about? lol. i'll try to take a screen shot

edit: uploaded before and after pics from sliding my finger down on the screen. i thought there's supposed to be a music panel there but there isnt. am i wrong?

yeah I know what your talking about. I am not sure, but I think the music player was not working correctly there. I am working on getting it back in as well as a few other little fixes.

sixstrings

sixstrings

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

Thats odd, as I've had excellent call quality and signal strength...

Maybe its my area?

i dont think that's the issue..i reloaded ur lite rom and as soon as i did, i had excellent signal strength and call quality. so i loaded 3 different sense roms and all had the same results. everywhere that i had full signal bars with the lite rom, i had only had half to weak signal with sense roms..... weird.....

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:Flashing
  • Devices:DROIDX
  • Twitter:@kdkinc

i dont think that's the issue..i reloaded ur lite rom and as soon as i did, i had excellent signal strength and call quality. so i loaded 3 different sense roms and all had the same results. everywhere that i had full signal bars with the lite rom, i had only had half to weak signal with sense roms..... weird.....

Very weird...
Maybe its a graphic issue as far as bars go. How are you testing the strength ??

;) :(

EDIT: didn't we have the same issue with the i910 rom with Bga55 rom's ?? ( which were excellent also)

Edited by kdkinc, 23 June 2010 - 11:33 PM.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

is this also using my sense beta rom?

pw-man

pw-man

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I730
Ninja - great rom(s)!!! Usually a NinjaToday users with MS 3.5.x.a.d.f.d.af.f.d.s.r.i.p

Is it me or does Sense seem laggy? (wondering if it is something I am doing, incorrect)

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Ninja - great rom(s)!!! Usually a NinjaToday users with MS 3.5.x.a.d.f.d.af.f.d.s.r.i.p

Is it me or does Sense seem laggy? (wondering if it is something I am doing, incorrect)

no sense can be a little laggy at times. That's one of the reasons Steel cooked in the overclock.

pw-man

pw-man

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I730

no sense can be a little laggy at times. That's one of the reasons Steel cooked in the overclock.

Makes sense... lol

MrTex

MrTex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i920

Ninja, is there any difference between your nonsense rom builds...v1 and v1m?
v1 is posted at xda and v1m at modaca

I flashed v1 last nite...great rom

Shemmy

Shemmy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Devices:Verizon SCH-i920 Omnia II
V1 vs V1m is a certain feature - read the OP here and the OP at XDA ;)

Regarding the lag, turning off animation in CHT Editor helps quite a bit.

Posted Image

odeveca25

odeveca25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920
Great Rom Ninja, will there be an update to sense 2.5 build 2016?? ;))

fargot

fargot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II
What makes it that HTC devices can run sense (im assuming normal and smoothly) but its slow on the omnia II. Ive always been confused on why I don't see any discussion about the overall slowness in the omnia or is it just me wanting everything to be perfect? Or maybe its just my phone thats slow?

batch519

batch519

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 SCH-i920
It is not the processing power our i920's lack, but the RAM memory needed to run sense or an other UI for that matter. I am thinking about going back to titanium although it is a lot of fun playing with Sense. Wish there was a way to increase the amount of RAM, this phone rocks in every other respect..

ROM: S.i920.2.0V.DC23.21889
AMDZero ZeroSense v1.0

batch519

batch519

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 SCH-i920
BTW, I found that turning off "weather" by adding the weather toggle to a quicklink will also reduce lag.

ROM: S.i920.2.0V.DC23.21889
AMDZero ZeroSense v1.0

NuclearEMP

NuclearEMP

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2, i910 Omnia

It is not the processing power our i920's lack, but the RAM memory needed to run sense or an other UI for that matter. I am thinking about going back to titanium although it is a lot of fun playing with Sense. Wish there was a way to increase the amount of RAM, this phone rocks in every other respect..

I'm pretty sure its the lack of the proper GL drivers that make it laggy and not the RAM at all.

boosting the clock adds a few frames a sec which helps a bit ( as I am using Ninjas v1 @1Ghz) and runs real well. But with the proper GL drivers this would not be needed.

I could be wrong but seems GL is the missing link.

Visit us @ www.OmniaRom.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users