Bell/Virgin HTC Legend (Canada)

Guest joeball88

Guest joeball88

Hello All,

Let me preface this by saying that I'm a first time Android user, so excuse the noobery.

I just bought a Legend from Virgin (Bell) here in Canada. It just came out a few weeks ago, and I'm not quite sure where it fits. I haven't tried to root it but I would love to. I just don't think it'll work after reading Paul's explanation.

I was kind of pampered with my last ppc, a touch pro 2, in that the forums were CRAZY busy. There was a lot of action and there were a lot of people who knew what they were doing and could help and give advice (and there were a ton of ROMs!) But I haven't seen one thread in any forum regarding the Bell/Telus Legend and I'm worried! I wanna crack, hack and theme this baby! Have I just entered a quiet world? Where are the dev's at?

Thanks all! ;)

Guest ariaxu
But I haven't seen one thread in any forum regarding the Bell/Telus Legend and I'm worried! I wanna crack, hack and theme this baby! Have I just entered a quiet world? Where are the dev's at?

I'm in the same boat (got the Bell phone on launch day) and I've had no success rooting it. It's got the 'uncracked' ROM. We're all waiting for a developer (Paul?) to help us out.

On the bright side, looks like we will get the Froyo update, eventually.

Sorry. Welcome to Android, though. And the Legend is dead sexy.

Guest joeball88
I'm in the same boat (got the Bell phone on launch day) and I've had no success rooting it. It's got the 'uncracked' ROM. We're all waiting for a developer (Paul?) to help us out.

On the bright side, looks like we will get the Froyo update, eventually.

Sorry. Welcome to Android, though. And the Legend is dead sexy.

Hopefully Paul doesn't forget about us! The legend is a beautiful piece of work. All it's missing is the root! But I bet we won't see Froyo 'till 2011 - HTC and Virgin/Bell have to work together to make Sense work. It'd be a much quicker update if it was just android (no Sense).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest danishh

just wondering, are any virgin/bell legends rootable, or do all come with 2.02.xxx (i have 2.02.666.3)

cant wait to get root on this, if only for apps2sd and getting the speech2text keyboard.

• 2 weeks later...