SCH-i920 End User Upgrade Tool for Verizon Wireless v1.0.1.9

Guest xlightwaverx

Guest xlightwaverx

Original ROM.

Folks, though I love these custom built ROMs that you guys are putting out, I would like to bring my device back to its original DC23 status. I am using the Verizon tool to do the upgrade, but the device keeps freezing on its reboot (stage before it gets flashed.)

I am following the instructions found here:

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/fa...mp;AT_ID=234872

Please advise.

X

Guest xlightwaverx

Thanks. But it's stable. I use my phone for an alarm clock among other important things for work and by the time I have slept and its time to go to work, Sense bogs so much the alarm doesn't even go off. I have been late numerous times from it and HR is really not interested in the fact that I am running a non stock ROM on my phone and have little care when I go into details to explain it, and my reasons for being late :lol:

Again, thanks.

Guest kdkinc
Thanks. But it's stable. I use my phone for an alarm clock among other important things for work and by the time I have slept and its time to go to work, Sense bogs so much the alarm doesn't even go off. I have been late numerous times from it and HR is really not interested in the fact that I am running a non stock ROM on my phone and have little care when I go into details to explain it, and my reasons for being late :lol:

Again, thanks.

no problem, gotta be on time...

:D :D

Guest haveitnow

Again, thanks.

obviously you are free to do what you want. However.

I can't speak to the sense ROMs but the Yardlife ROM is perfectly stable(far more than the stock ROM).More RAM WAY MORE storage. I use Home2 UI and am playing with Infinity and IphoneUI as well.

Guest xlightwaverx

Maybe I will mess with it because the link that is posted on here has no nb0 file for me to reflash and I have no clue how to throw that on my phone. Gotta jet for now, BBQ's.

Guest kdkinc
Maybe I will mess with it because the link that is posted on here has no nb0 file for me to reflash and I have no clue how to throw that on my phone. Gotta jet for now, BBQ's.

Yeah ADMZero made a typo it's fine it update the pda only seeing that the phone side was never touched...

:lol: :D

ps on jetting...happy landings

Guest kdkinc
so what file in the big mess of stuff from that 4shared link, do i use to flash the pda section with?

X

Hugh??? :)

Its a Rom. Flash with Octans as usual .

Unzip .rar with 7Zip and proceed with Octans....

:D :P

Guest xlightwaverx

I found another dc23 stock link I am using. This one is all the folders and such laid out, OEM SYS and whatever else. It would be nice to know how to use Octans to do it, but I found a shiny little nb0 file right here for the DC23 Revert.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2UJ23K78

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest kdkinc
I found another dc23 stock link I am using. This one is all the folders and such laid out, OEM SYS and whatever else. It would be nice to know how to use Octans to do it, but I found a shiny little nb0 file right here for the DC23 Revert.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2UJ23K78

X

maybe I have completely misunderstood you... :)

Have you ever "flashed" to a new Rom? If you have I would believe that you would know what Octans is.

If you have never "flashed" from another chef to a new rom.

Then do a HARD RESET, Dc23 23 is already on your phone.

Guest xlightwaverx

I have used Octans to flash nb0 files to my i920. That's all I have done.

As far as I know hard reset is removing the battery based on what Verizon Technicians have told me.

Everytime I use clear all data it reverts back to the rom i just installed, without anything on My Storage.

All I want is my original phone until I find something lighter and aesthetic to use. If I can do that without flashing the nb0 i just posted, let me know, because that is what I am using now, but it doesn't seem like the original DC23 that came with my phone about a month ago. :P

maybe I have completely misunderstood you... :)

Have you ever "flashed" to a new Rom? If you have I would believe that you would know what Octans is.

If you have never "flashed" from another chef to a new rom.

Then do a HARD RESET, Dc23 23 is already on your phone.

Guest kdkinc
I have used Octans to flash nb0 files to my i920. That's all I have done.

As far as I know hard reset is removing the battery based on what Verizon Technicians have told me.

Everytime I use clear all data it reverts back to the rom i just installed, without anything on My Storage.

All I want is my original phone until I find something lighter and aesthetic to use. If I can do that without flashing the nb0 i just posted, let me know, because that is what I am using now, but it doesn't seem like the original DC23 that came with my phone about a month ago. :P

WOW Vzw was as helpful as a bag of cat poop...

http://www.myvusers.com/forums/samsung-omn...i-sch-i920.html.

OR

QUOTE(Steel Reign @ Jan 8 2010, 11:20) *

If I remember correctly, your supposed to hold "down vol + lock + call + end call" for the i920. I've hard reset my i920 about 15 times.

Thanks for the help. I finally got it!!

This will help ya. There another way let me get the info for ya

:) :D

Edited by kdkinc

Guest xlightwaverx

Yup, that's what i do.

WOW Vzw was as helpful as a bag of cat poop...

http://www.myvusers.com/forums/samsung-omn...i-sch-i920.html.

OR

QUOTE(Steel Reign @ Jan 8 2010, 11:20) *

If I remember correctly, your supposed to hold "down vol + lock + call + end call" for the i920. I've hard reset my i920 about 15 times.

Thanks for the help. I finally got it!!

This post has been edited by Ninja4Hire: Jan 8 2010, 14:41

This will help ya. There another way let me get the info for ya

:) :D

Guest xlightwaverx

Ok, this is starting to get irritating. I just want my old phone back for now. I flashed the nb0 that's posted as stock, and it is working but there are some differences that i remember, like swype giving me 4 words to choose from, random freezes, etc. It doesn't feel like stock to me from what I remember.

Now just for the hell of it I went to throw on some CABS and active sync won't work. This doesn't seem to be the stock ROM.

So now I'm running Yardi's lite ROM, where active sync is working.

Any ideas? Do I have to go through all that BuildOS just to get a valid nb0 or is there a real one out there already? I got this phone about a month ago so I am assuming it has the latest updates and is already DC23. I just want to put it back to normal.

X

Yup, that's what i do.

Guest amdzero
Ok, this is starting to get irritating. I just want my old phone back for now. I flashed the nb0 that's posted as stock, and it is working but there are some differences that i remember, like swype giving me 4 words to choose from, random freezes, etc. It doesn't feel like stock to me from what I remember.

Now just for the hell of it I went to throw on some CABS and active sync won't work. This doesn't seem to be the stock ROM.

Any ideas? Do I have to go through all that BuildOS just to get a valid nb0 or is there a real one out there already? I got this phone about a month ago so I am assuming it has the latest updates and is already DC23. I just want to put it back to normal.

X

what is it you're trying to do?

There are 2 different stock version, there is the DC22 (i920 release in december) and the DC23 (release in april) from samsung. You can flash those with the samsung official update whenever you want. I know as I've done this several times. You must go back to DC22 before DC23, I don't know why but it won't let you go to DC23 from a custom rom, as it keep saying it already has the latest version.

If you are looking for a stock rom I suggest you use the official uploader. Remember, using a custom DC23 rom only gives you the PDA portion of the flash. Yes I have created a stock rom backup from a DC23 fresh flash, but that only gives you the PDA portion like I said.

If you want stock use the offical samsung uploader.

Just make sure you are using a port OTHER than the one you use to flash custom roms, as the drivers will NOT be the same.

Guest xlightwaverx

Get back to my original setup when I purchased the phone. And if using custom roms is only changing the Pda portion of the device utilizing the stock flash you have should bring it back to normal. It just seems to lock up and appear different then when I took it out of the box.

what is it you're trying to do?

There are 2 different stock version, there is the DC22 (i920 release in december) and the DC23 (release in april) from samsung. You can flash those with the samsung official update whenever you want. I know as I've done this several times. You must go back to DC22 before DC23, I don't know why but it won't let you go to DC23 from a custom rom, as it keep saying it already has the latest version.

If you are looking for a stock rom I suggest you use the official uploader. Remember, using a custom DC23 rom only gives you the PDA portion of the flash. Yes I have created a stock rom backup from a DC23 fresh flash, but that only gives you the PDA portion like I said.

If you want stock use the offical samsung uploader.

Just make sure you are using a port OTHER than the one you use to flash custom roms, as the drivers will NOT be the same.

Guest amdzero
Get back to my original setup when I purchased the phone. And if using custom roms is only changing the Pda portion of the device utilizing the stock flash you have should bring it back to normal. It just seems to lock up and appear different then when I took it out of the box.

how do you mean appear?

Guest xlightwaverx

Mainly, swype has word enabling options turned on, which it wasn't in the original ROM, so 4 words pop up when I am swyping. The 3 screens from Touch Wiz UI are very sluggish when switching. When changing a couple screens, opening/closing apps, the device would lock up.

The purpose of the change over was to get the speed and stability back, but it seems to be stuck with my phone, but then again, I could be delusional because I only had the main ROM about a week before I started Flashing it. It just doesn't seem as responsive as when I took it out of its nice little black box.

X

how do you mean appear?

Guest xlightwaverx

And I cannot get them Verizon Updates to take.

Though I have not tried 22 yet before trying 23, but I never got any message saying that the phone is already up to date, it just hangs on the reboot.

Mainly, swype has word enabling options turned on, which it wasn't in the original ROM, so 4 words pop up when I am swyping. The 3 screens from Touch Wiz UI are very sluggish when switching. When changing a couple screens, opening/closing apps, the device would lock up.

The purpose of the change over was to get the speed and stability back, but it seems to be stuck with my phone, but then again, I could be delusional because I only had the main ROM about a week before I started Flashing it. It just doesn't seem as responsive as when I took it out of its nice little black box.

X

Guest jaycarl

X

The problem might be that your assuming DC23 was already installed on your phone. I just got a brand new i920 8 days ago and it was not updated to DC23.

From reading your posts I think your flashing DC23 roms without having the official Samsung DC23 update.

Get a replacement phone from Verizon (since you might have damaged it), then make sure (without assuming) that it has DC23 already installed. If it doesn't, install the official Samsung DC23 update.

Hope that helps

Guest kdkinc
And I cannot get them Verizon Updates to take.

Though I have not tried 22 yet before trying 23, but I never got any message saying that the phone is already up to date, it just hangs on the reboot.

DC22 is for the i910 I think you need CK24...Which I can't find :)

Anyone else???

Guest xlightwaverx

At this point it doesn't matter, the only time I keep a ROM on long enough is when I go to bed, and then go to work. :)

DC22 is for the i910 I think you need CK24...Which I can't find :D

Anyone else???

:P :P

Guest LordSith
At this point it doesn't matter, the only time I keep a ROM on long enough is when I go to bed, and then go to work. :)

Been a few days now for this post, but I came across this today while getting info on my Omnia 2. There's a link to thew original ROM that the phone ships with.

Hope it helps you out.

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...ia2-repository/