i920-i8000 Hybrid project

Guest amdzero

Aight, time for a little beta testing.

This rom is for i8000 users, YES I KNOW THIS IS A i920 THREAD!

okay here is attempt number 2 at building a rom for i8000. This is basically stock, with s2u2, and battclock added, just to see if I can build one.

Links:

http://www.4shared.com/file/LC959ht6/pdaNew7z.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/QNyYUoHM/pdaNew7z.html

Again, this is for the i8000

Edited by amdzero

Guest amdzero
Not even a hint at whats to come? ;-)

this is going to be my playground. I'm trying to port my ZeroSense rom to i8000. I'm also going to take stuff from i8000 and "play" with it here.

Guest pw-man
this is going to be my playground. I'm trying to port my ZeroSense rom to i8000. I'm also going to take stuff from i8000 and "play" with it here.

he, he. :-)

Guest Prometheus5061
Aight, time for a little beta testing.

This rom is for i8000 users, YES I KNOW THIS IS A i920 THREAD!

PART 1:

http://www.4shared.com/file/_C8u9MLQ/FlashRom7z.html

PART 2:

http://www.4shared.com/file/sgjegAXC/FlashRom7z.html

I don't have an i8000 and need a tester. This is my first attempt at ZeroSense on the i8000. I don't know if it will work for i8000, so feedback is necessary.

am away at the moment matey... will download and let u know when i get a chance... and i really appriciate it matey!! cheers :)

Guest amdzero
am away at the moment matey... will download and let u know when i get a chance... and i really appriciate it matey!! cheers :)

anytime, keep me posted so I can refine it.

Guest Ninja4Hire
anytime, keep me posted so I can refine it.

Yeah um... I just flashed this rom and um... my phone does not work now! WTF? I used Octans full version and it seems to flash ok, but when it loaded it made an evil laugh and then blew up in my face.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest amdzero
Yeah um... I just flashed this rom and um... my phone does not work now! WTF? I used Octans full version and it seems to flash ok, but when it loaded it made an evil laughed and then blew up in my face.

LOL

well then take it back to vzw and I'm sure they will refund you your money =)

Guest Lancez

when i saw this thread i was like who0o0o00t?! but b4 i start digging out my data cable, can u give us a bit more info about what OEM, drivers did you use as well as the base ROM? thanks

Guest snapz54
Yeah um... I just flashed this rom and um... my phone does not work now! WTF? I used Octans full version and it seems to flash ok, but when it loaded it made an evil laugh and then blew up in my face.

yeah this seems pretty ok. I just wish we could use some of your work on our i920s!?!?! maybe if you have time you could start porting your roms over to the verizon O2? I know we have our own community and everything, but those guys honestly aren't very good. (I even heard a rumor that one of them uses and wants to keep CityID in his roms!!!)

Guest amdzero
yeah this seems pretty ok. I just wish we could use some of your work on our i920s!?!?! maybe if you have time you could start porting your roms over to the verizon O2? I know we have our own community and everything, but those guys honestly aren't very good. (I even heard a rumor that one of them uses and wants to keep CityID in his roms!!!)

O_0

oh btw that rom is not bootable on i8000 as per Prometheus5061

I'll work on a less adventurous version after I fix the my sense dialer skin.

Guest Lancez
O_0

oh btw that rom is not bootable on i8000 as per Prometheus5061

i do wish u could've brought this up a little early, part2 95% done.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest amdzero
howdy!!!! whats happening matey?????

sorry gotta fix a few things first but, hey if I post a "stock" version of the i8000, could you flash it so that I have a good starting point?

Or it would validate that I'm not able to make a i8000 rom.

Edited by amdzero

Guest amdzero
sorry gotta fix a few things first but, hey if I post a "stock" version of the i8000, could you flash it so that I have a good starting point?

Or it would validate that I'm not able to make a i8000 rom.

okay, lets try this, its for the i8000, still working to see if I can actually build a i8000 ROM before I stir the cauldron with i920 AND i8000.