Hard reset and keep my storage

Guest Swedish Meat

Guest Swedish Meat

Hi!

I have to hard reset my Omnia 2, but I dont want to loose my storage since I dont have my computer available right now.

I have searched this forum but couldn´t find anything useful.

Thanks!

Mikael

Guest sv0911
Hi!

I have to hard reset my Omnia 2, but I dont want to loose my storage since I dont have my computer available right now.

I have searched this forum but couldn´t find anything useful.

Thanks!

Mikael

Hejsan Mikael,

if i understand you right, you just want to hardreset windows without loosing "my storage"...

OK, i only can share my own experience...:

When i don´t wan´t to loose "my storage" i do the following steps:

You need both hands to do it right..!!!

Jag håller mobilen i vänster handen och sen.........:

(vänster handens tummen och peckfingret använder jag för Volumn Up + Screen Lock Button

och höger handens peckfingret och ringfingret använder jag för "the Green and the Power Button" för att

trycker och håller på alla knapparna samtidigt..!! Not easy to explain for me in english.... :angry:

You can also try it with your phone on a table or something......

First switch off your phone..!

Then when your phone is realy off:

Push and hold the Volumn Up + Screen Lock Button together and hold it while you also push and hold the Green and the Power Button down... EVERYTHING AT THE SAME TIME !!!!!.

You may notice that your phone will vibrating shortly.. You have to hold the buttons with both hands

untill the Hard Format Screen appears...!!!!

When it appears you can stop holding the buttons and then just press the Answer Callbutton (left button) to confirm hard reset.

I have done this with my phone many times (20 or 30 times at least..) and never ever lost "my files on my storage card"..!!!!

You can give it a try but i will not guarantee for anything..!!

Hälsningar

ifrån Tyskland

sv0911

Edited by sv0911

Guest Swedish Meat
Hejsan Mikael,

if i understand you right, you just want to hardreset windows without loosing "my storage"...

OK, i only can share my own experience...:

When i don´t wan´t to loose "my storage" i do the following steps:

You need both hands to do it right..!!!

Jag håller mobilen i vänster handen och sen.........:

(vänster handens tummen och peckfingret använder jag för Volumn Up + Screen Lock Button

och höger handens peckfingret och ringfingret använder jag för "the Green and the Power Button" för att

trycker och håller på alla knapparna samtidigt..!! Not easy to explain for me in english.... :angry:

You can also try it with your phone on a table or something......

First switch off your phone..!

Then when your phone is realy off:

Push and hold the Volumn Up + Screen Lock Button together and hold it while you also push and hold the Green and the Power Button down... EVERYTHING AT THE SAME TIME !!!!!.

You may notice that your phone will vibrating shortly.. You have to hold the buttons with both hands

untill the Hard Format Screen appears...!!!!

When it appears you can stop holding the buttons and then just press the Answer Callbutton (left button) to confirm hard reset.

I have done this with my phone many times (20 or 30 times at least..) and never ever lost "my files on my storage card"..!!!!

You can give it a try but i will not guarantee for anything..!!

Hälsningar

ifrån Tyskland

sv0911

Thanks!

It worked well. When I did this button combo last time everything I had on my storage was gone. Maybe I did something wrong...

Thanks again!

Mikael

• 1 year later...
Guest Robalinho_

Doing this Hard Reset it seems that I will keep my storage,

But what about agenda and contacts? Will I lose them?

Thaks!!