I will never buy another Windows Phone.

Guest GeneralLeeBored

Guest GeneralLeeBored

1. It's slow.

2. No decent apps.

3. No decent games.

4. No PayPal, No eBay.

5. I regret not paying the extra £100 for the HTC Desire.

rant over :(

Edited by GeneralLeeBored

Guest awarner

There are plenty of decent apps and games unlike the Android and iPhone there are lots of different software stores so no single place to go to as such.

Guest xaznxplaya
1. It's slow.

2. No decent apps.

3. No decent games.

4. No PayPal, No eBay.

If anyone wants to buy my phone, it's only as old as my membership on this forum. I paid £300.00 brand new from HandTech. It's on eBay for £250.00. I will accept offers. :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MESELX:IT

1. You can flash your phone, the original ROM is slow indeed

2. There are hundreds of app.

3.Which one are you looking for?

4.--

5. That's your choice

Guest GeneralLeeBored
1. You can flash your phone, the original ROM is slow indeed

2. There are hundreds of app.

3.Which one are you looking for?

4.--

5. That's your choice

It's not just the rom. I have JF5 ultralite installed.

eBay and PayPal have not developed there own apps for windows mobile. I now know why.

It's all the samsung apps. And most other apps I find. They are slow, flipping through music, photos, sms, its pants. I hate the phone that much i'll bin it if I can't sell it.

What would ever force a company to release a phone without proper drivers. Why should someone have to go out of there way to develop 3rd party opengl drivers and fps drivers because a multibillion company are to lazy to do so.

Guest johnchua55

yeah i've almost given up on my omnia II ...... but recent ROMS have really a big improvement in speed of apps .... i'm starting to love my omnia II again.

Guest GeneralLeeBored
yeah i've almost given up on my omnia II ...... but recent ROMS have really a big improvement in speed of apps .... i'm starting to love my omnia II again.

I had really high hopes when I bought this phone. In the past the most I have ever paid is £100 because I always find the phones are slow. GsmArena gave it great reviews. So I bought it. How sorry I was.

The iPhone is better, even though not on paper. But I aint going down that road.

I think andriod is the way forward. Why? OpenSource!

Guest Sbugalho

There may be ultralite roms.... but when we install what we like ... they just turn slow ...

Sick and tired of WM...

Even my symbian phone N85 is more responsive

Guest Elwee1

actually this phoen aren't that bad eventhough with the limitations as mentioned. i am agreed that why this multibillion company not producing the software properly, particularly the slow response of the threaded sms and the nice but inefficient touchwiz software. Are simply not interested to do it better or they are just not as good as the HTC.

i don't really think its the win7 that causing the legging and slowness, tried compared it with the HTC HD2, with is so much smoother and faster compared with the omnia2.

you have to use 3rd party software to do away with the performance, i use the resco manager to replace the touchwiz, resco sms to replace the horrible samsung threaded sms, and lastly to patch the gps receiver which have a much faster gps locking response.

i got this phone with an offered price which i think it is value for money, amoled screen, 3g/wifi, full loaded with all the features, it was a good buy for me.

but if i were to pay the normal retail price for this, then i will not think twice but to look for others unit like the HD2.

rgds,

Guest TIEfighter

Couldn´t agree more. Had some android Phones and an Iphone in my hand in the past weeks and it really made me feel stupid for buying the Omnia II.

The user experience is just soo inferior to the "modern" smartphone OSs. I mean, there are no beautiful transitions, everything is laggy, most of the UI elements aren't really usable without a stylus...

The hardware is acually okay, and it has a nice screen, but the software just sucks completely, not just the samsung bloatware but also WinMo 6.5...it is just disappointing. I mean, Microsoft has like 100.000+ employees and yet they didn´t manage to create a modern Smartphone OS in such a long time. My next phone will either be a Meego or Android phone, or maybe an Iphone. However, i will only be able to buy one around christmas, so I´ll have to stick with this phone for at least 5 more months...

Edited by TIEfighter

Guest wurzelsepp

I own the Omnia Pro, and it recently broke.

So I'm sending it in and when it comes back repaired I'm going to sell it on ebay (hoping to get 200€)

I started to hate Windows Mobile, especially when looking at Videos of recent Android devices.

One of the reason I bought this Phone was multitasking, but Multitasking on this device is a joke

because of the little ram. In addition the phone is sooo slow (yes i've tried lite roms) not what I expected from a 800Mhz Processor.

I'm now considering buying the Galaxy S, buying another 380€+ phone within a year is a shame but the Omnia almost leaves me no choice.

I believe (hope) that the Galaxy S support is going to be better then on other samsung phones (like the omnia 2 or the samsung galaxy), because the phone is very popular

and already sold over a million times, so samsung most properly can't affort to dissappoint that many customers.

Edited by wurzelsepp

Guest GeneralLeeBored

So I'm sending it in and when it comes back repaired I'm going to sell it on ebay (hoping to get 200€)

I started to hate Windows Mobile, especially when looking at Videos of recent Android devices.

One of the reason I bought this Phone was multitasking, but Multitasking on this device is a joke

because of the little ram. In addition the phone is sooo slow (yes i've tried lite roms) not what I expected from a 800Mhz Processor.

I'm now considering buying the Galaxy S, buying another 380€+ phone within a year is a shame but the Omnia almost leaves me no choice.

I believe (hope) that the Galaxy S support is going to be better then on other samsung phones (like the omnia 2 or the samsung galaxy), because the phone is very popular

and already sold over a million times, so samsung most properly can't affort to dissappoint that many customers.

I heard that the CPU is actually a 600 MHz processor and not the advertised 800 MHz... Is this correct?

Guest dextro_
I heard that the CPU is actually a 600 MHz processor and not the advertised 800 MHz... Is this correct?

With S3Clock it's shows 800mhz but I don't know. And I have the same opinion omnia 2 should be better for the hardware it have. :S I don't understan why, but diamond 2 from htc it's a lot faster and have worse specifications. :s

Guest darkworldzz

hmm.. i think it is 600 on auto and 800 on high.. correct me..

1. its slow- S3Clock settles this

2+3. No decent apps?? i believe all the apps are quite good.. touch player rocks.. you cant play avi on iphone.. correct me again..

youtube app is working well.. you have adobe..(i wonder what they use for iphone) and there are so many other useful apps.. facebook, twitter from t*omnia etc unless you buy a phone to play silly games then i had rather you buy a nds or psp to play a game hardcore.. bubble breaker and solitare is a good time killer..

4. use a computer....i am sure you can still access it through opera?? correct me again..

5. no thanks for desire.. i rather galaxy or something.. but then again.. capacitive screen sucks big time.. i love using my finger nails and pilot G-2 as stylus..

lets hope you will start another thread like this again after you buy your desire.. :( its 'AWESOME' !!!

Guest GeneralLeeBored
hmm.. i think it is 600 on auto and 800 on high.. correct me..

1. its slow- S3Clock settles this

2+3. No decent apps?? i believe all the apps are quite good.. touch player rocks.. you cant play avi on iphone.. correct me again..

youtube app is working well.. you have adobe..(i wonder what they use for iphone) and there are so many other useful apps.. facebook, twitter from t*omnia etc unless you buy a phone to play silly games then i had rather you buy a nds or psp to play a game hardcore.. bubble breaker and solitare is a good time killer..

4. use a computer....i am sure you can still access it through opera?? correct me again..

5. no thanks for desire.. i rather galaxy or something.. but then again.. capacitive screen sucks big time.. i love using my finger nails and pilot G-2 as stylus..

lets hope you will start another thread like this again after you buy your desire.. :( its 'AWESOME' !!!

All I can say is, they must have seen me coming!!! :(

Guest GeneralLeeBored
All I can say is, they must have seen me coming!!! :(

But saying that....

"Thank you for your email"

"Your returns has been authorised. Your Returns Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) Number is: XXXXXXX"

"Could you please send back the complete box with all items in the box."

"PLEASE NOTE - a restocking fee of up to 25% may apply if the item is not in the original condition or if this return does not adhere to our terms and condtions."

:( :P :P B) :D :D :D

Guest GeneralLeeBored

I've just been looking at the Galaxy S. It's only about £40 more than the Desire. But it's a samsung... Im disappointed.

Guest wurzelsepp
I've just been looking at the Galaxy S. It's only about £40 more than the Desire. But it's a samsung... Im disappointed.

In Germany the Galaxy S is cheaper then the Desire 420 vs. 440.

So the Galaxy S is my first choice although it's samsung

Guest GeneralLeeBored
In Germany the Galaxy S is cheaper then the Desire 420 vs. 440.

So the Galaxy S is my first choice although it's samsung

I would have got the Galaxy S over the Desire. But it's missing one important thing. And thats a camera flash.

Guest msra6la2
1. It's slow.

2. No decent apps.

3. No decent games.

4. No PayPal, No eBay.

If anyone wants to buy my phone, it's only as old as my membership on this forum. I paid £300.00 brand new from HandTech. It's on eBay for £250.00. I will accept offers. :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MESELX:IT

There's nothing wrong with the Omnia II in terms of Hardware, the same hardware can run Android pretty smoothly (Samsung Galaxy is pretty smooth, and its CPU, S3C6400 @ 530MHz is slower than the Omnia II's S3C6410@800MHz CPU). It's just Windows Mobile that's making everything slow.

before you all gang up on me I will tell you I have tried JE1, JE2 full & ultra lite roms (and KSTAN JXX WM6.5.x roms). Both are ok fast but in comparison to Android 2.1 on my dad's HTC desire, they are as slow as fu*k. As for the ultra lite versions of the 2 roms, well, they are fast until I install all the apps I use the phone becomes clunkey again

More to the point the Graphical effects on WM are absolutely shite. HTC has chipped in so much efforts into making the graphical effects (ie. opening and closing programmes) great on the HD2, yet it's s*** in comparison to even Galaxy i7500. Just take loading up the phone dialer as an example: On Samsung Omnia II, Acer Neotouch and Toshiba TG01, the dialer loads up "by section", ie. Omnia II's dialer load up process: the bottom right of the dialer appears first, then it "spreads across" the screen until eventually it reaches the top left corner. On the other hand when Android loads up the phone dialer, the entire thing loads up at once. The only WM phones I have seen loading up the phone dialer smoothly are the Touch Diamond 2, HD2 and HD Mini (the HTC WM devices I have ever laid my hands on). But then again s*** graphical effect doesn't just limit itself to the dialer, other WM default apps and some OEM apps also have s*** graphical effects. Obviously the HTC devices I have mentioned above are no exception.

Now having finished ranting about the graphical effects and speed of Windows Mobile, I am going onto the GUI of the OS. One word: after 10 yrs of development, it is plaine shite! I can honestly see no difference between WM6.5, WM6.1, WM6 and older versions of WM, such as WM5 except a few joke additions such as the Lockscreen (I don't ever understand why ppl will bother using this LC, it's ugly and RAM hungry. Bascially it is a failed attempt by M$ to try to copy iphone's slider LC) and the new Honeycomb menu. You can't customise it and the worst of all problems, you should know that in the start-up process, honeycomb already eats up so much ram, when you load it up once the phone has booted up, it eats a few more mb of RAM, that's one of the main reasons why there's a 20mb start-up accessible free RAM difference between WM6.1 and WM6.5 (both of which have 117mb of RAM reservation), you should also note that on the Touch Diamond 2 (which i have played around before) the same problem is also there (WM6.1: start-up free RAM, 140mb; WM6.1: start-up free RAM, 110mb). And the titainium theme is fancy, but I don't like it. As for WM6.5.3, well they made the right move by making it more finger friendly but that's also where the problem is. what they have done is basically they have enlarged the text based icons into large infinitely uglier text based icons. So to me, it's still pretty damn shite. Now I know Samsung and HTC have done alot to change the GUI. But if you have ever used an HTC desire, you will notice that the Sense UI on the Desire is so much better than the one on the HD2 in terms of speed, look and graphical effects. The closet WM GUI that can match those of Android is the SPB mobile shell, but then again, it still falls behind Android UIs. The bottom line is: no matter what you do with WM, it's still shite.

All in all, I was hoping that M$ would blow me away with WM6.5, that was why I chose to upgrade my Omnia i900 to Omnia II. but as soon as it (Wm6.5) came out, all the hopes were destroyed by that garbage. Then WM6.5.3 came along. Although I have to say WM6.5.3 is what WM6.5 should've been, it's still inferior to Android in terms of the things I have ranted above. More to the point, it looks fu*king ugly. Now I am back using HZHJC2 full rom, I get 71mb start up RAM (now down to 68mb). To me both WM6.1 (86mb star-up RAM) and WM6.5 (JC2) full roms offer me good multi-tasking capability as I am not a heavy multi-tasker, with a little help from Chainfire Autoclose patch, I can go on for at least 2.5 days before I reboot my phone. tbh, I don't see why people will multi-task when browsing the internet, it (Opera/IE) eats up so much RAM (at least 17mb) and it slows down the phone (even the HD gets slowed downed by Opera .....or IE). To end the rant, I will continue putting up with WM until Android offers better support to document editing, e-mail apps etc.... so I will use this amazing O2 until Android becomes more mature. RANT OVER!!!

PS. the likes of HD2, Ominia II really are amazing, they offer so much functionalities hardware wise (playing Resident Evil 3 on my O2 is so much better than when the movie is played on my cousins iphone 3GS, bith in terms of colour contrast and clarity). in terms of software functionalities WM is still the best, but the above issues + many others really irritate the hell out of me (ie. MMS is so slow on WM default SMS client, Samsung skinned SMS is much faster but still it's slower than the SMS app on Android). I love my Omnia II.