i8000 really laggy, which ROM to use?

Guest jl255

Guest jl255

My i8000 is really really laggy, even when i load my SMS, it takes like 5seconds. will flashing a new ROM help? i didn't install much intensive apps apart from SPB Mobile Shell. If a new ROM will help, can you advice which one i shld use? I get all confused with all the different ROMs available. How do I know which one to use?

Appreciate any advice. Tks.

Guest redzone321
My i8000 is really really laggy, even when i load my SMS, it takes like 5seconds. will flashing a new ROM help? i didn't install much intensive apps apart from SPB Mobile Shell. If a new ROM will help, can you advice which one i shld use? I get all confused with all the different ROMs available. How do I know which one to use?

if you want a fast clean rom try Gary's i find them very put together and still include most samsung apps. if you want the fastest one try sinians. but be warnd sinians requires lots of cabs as its ultra light and its 6.1(with 6.5 drivers. if that concerns you)

Guest speedfrog

try this rom :D 408mb free storage :)

Guest johnchua55

i'd recommend shadowangel's lite JF5 ROM ....... almost same as TWU's i guess ... but with the coolest bootscreen .... altered camera.exe

speed is good ..... sms loads under 3 secs

Edited by johnchua55

Guest night.fox

any custom ROMs will do. Just look for the custom ROM with added apps that suites you. You can try TWU2 or Lancez ROMs and just install apps you needed. :)

• 3 months later...
Guest sgmem88

+1 for Gary Crutcher

Based on what I used, find that it is good for someone to start with. It is reasonably fast and stable, and has most apps that you need for normal use.

After that, you may want to try out other chef that ppl here recommend to find out which one suit you best

Enjoy :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheThingx

After many trials with many custom firmwares, if you want something to put and forget then try the newest official ROMs, i advice using new WM 6.5 as it has the newer .NET framework like the 6.5.x but with less bugs.

Official ROMs has everything you "should" need out of the box (hence official) and i'm using JH1 official ROM and it's fast.