Photo

[Solved] How to restore to original when RUU doesn't work?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Bokai

Bokai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Hi!

So.. My HTC Hero GSM has some issues that need to be repaired. Touchscreen not working in the lower part of the screen, constant headset-icon, trackball not working good. So I've contacted my repair center and they told me to send it in. So I want to restore my phone to as close to original as possible to be on the safe side.

The problem is I can't use the official RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE_release_signed_NoDriver.exe(or any other version), without getting an error 155(apparently it has something to do with the rom not having correct filesize).

It doesn't matter what rom I'm currently using; Modaco, Villain, different kind of generics(from Pauls sticky post), but nothing affects the outcome.

I got a feeling it has to do with the recovery image I use(RA 1.6.2) or Hboot version(.0007), but I can't seem to flash a new one. Recovery flasher gives me "Backup FAILED: could not run command.", and since my HBOOT is .0007 I can't use remote command from fastboot to restore original.

1. Is it possible to downgrade HBoot from recovery mode? If so, does anyone have a update.zip I can use?
2. Could error 155 has something to do with the computer/OS im using?
3. Anyone has any other suggestions what I can try to restore?

Currently using:
HTC Hero GSM
Generic 2.73.405.38 (1.5)
Baseband 63.18.55.06OU_6.35.15.01
HBoot 1.76.0007

Any help is greatly appreciated!

/Jakob

Edited by Bokai, 11 August 2010 - 01:27 PM.

Bokai

Bokai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi!

So.. My HTC Hero GSM has some issues that need to be repaired. Touchscreen not working in the lower part of the screen, constant headset-icon, trackball not working good. So I've contacted my repair center and they told me to send it in. So I want to restore my phone to as close to original as possible to be on the safe side.

The problem is I can't use the official RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE_release_signed_NoDriver.exe(or any other version), without getting an error 155(apparently it has something to do with the rom not having correct filesize).

It doesn't matter what rom I'm currently using; Modaco, Villain, different kind of generics(from Pauls sticky post), but nothing affects the outcome.

I got a feeling it has to do with the recovery image I use(RA 1.6.2) or Hboot version(.0007), but I can't seem to flash a new one. Recovery flasher gives me "Backup FAILED: could not run command.", and since my HBOOT is .0007 I can't use remote command from fastboot to restore original.
1. Is it possible to downgrade HBoot from recovery mode? If so, does anyone have a update.zip I can use?
2. Could error 155 has something to do with the computer/OS im using?
3. Anyone has any other suggestions what I can try to restore?

Currently using:
HTC Hero GSM
Generic 2.73.405.38 (1.5)
Baseband 63.18.55.06OU_6.35.15.01
HBoot 1.76.0007
Any help is greatly appreciated!

/Jakob

Solved!

For anyone having issues with Error 155(CID-checks fail, perhaps?) or 171(USB fail) while trying to restore a rooted HTC Hero to stock with an official RUU-exe, this is what worked for me where nothing else did:

- Create Goldcard
- Extract ROM.ZIP from the Official RUU exe you want to use. I downloaded it from their main site
- Rename to HEROIMG.zip
- Boot to flashboot mode (Volume down + Power on)
- Flash.
- Reboot and enjoy your new stock HTC Hero.

TafKas1929

TafKas1929

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:@cgagg

Solved!

For anyone having issues with Error 155(CID-checks fail, perhaps?) or 171(USB fail) while trying to restore a rooted HTC Hero to stock with an official RUU-exe, this is what worked for me where nothing else did:

- Create Goldcard
- Extract ROM.ZIP from the Official RUU exe you want to use. I downloaded it from their main site
- Rename to HEROIMG.zip
- Boot to flashboot mode (Volume down + Power on)
- Flash.
- Reboot and enjoy your new stock HTC Hero.

Hi, I was wondering what software you used to extract the ROM.ZIP file from the exe file, I have tried a few apps with no luck at all.
Thanks in advance.

Bokai

Bokai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi, I was wondering what software you used to extract the ROM.ZIP file from the exe file, I have tried a few apps with no luck at all.
Thanks in advance.

What I did was that I ran the RUU .exe. And while the app is at its first screen, you do a search for rom.zip in your temporary folders in C:\. Copy the rom.zip to somewhere and close the RUU .exe after that.

Hope this helps!

/Jakob

angeles

angeles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

What I did was that I ran the RUU .exe. And while the app is at its first screen, you do a search for rom.zip in your temporary folders in C:\. Copy the rom.zip to somewhere and close the RUU .exe after that.

Hope this helps!

/Jakob

This method still works on a boot loop after I removed some system files. Thanks a lot for this help!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users