HTC Wildfire Gets Access To Root-Only Apps With Soft Root

Guest zabak

Source -- >> HTC Wildfire Gets Access To Root-Only Apps With Soft Root

THIS METHOD WORKS ON HTC LEGEND> I CAN CONFIRM THAT.

It may have taken a little longer than other HTC phones, but the Wildfire has finally been rooted… in a way. This method doesn’t unlock NAND on the phone (which means you can’t remove stock apps or install custom ROMs), but it does allow running applications that require root (here are 8 great root-only applications if you need inspiration).

XDA user MartinEve, who accomplished the soft root, is already in talks with the developers of unrEVOked to make a more permanent solution, but until then, you can follow the instructions below to root your Wildfire (to find the most up-to-date instructions, hit the source link).

Prerequisites:

You must have adb working.

Root instructions:

Step 1: Download and install Superuser.apk from the Market. ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682828 )

Step 2: Download my SoftRoot package ( http://www.martineve.com/wildfiresof…k/SoftRoot.apk )

Step 3: Execute from a command prompt in the directory where you downloaded SoftRoot.apk:

Windows:

adb install SoftRoot.apk

Linux:

adb install ./SoftRoot.apk

Step 4: Run the SoftRoot application that is now installed.

The application will now crash. Wait 2 seconds, close it and you are rooted.

You will need to re-perform stage 4, only, each time you reboot.

here is Shell output I got confirming proper root!:

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell

$ su

su

# id

id

uid=0(root) gid=0(root)

#

Edited by zabak

• 2 months later...
Guest TheLegendaryJay

Look in the G2 thread and download VISIONary+, enable usb debugging, install and run VISIONary+, install SuperUser, install an app that requires root to test :rolleyes:

simples!