Photo

[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
760 replies to this topic

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

and with the orientation the phone doesnt freeze, its just that at any given time any one of my programmed screens will just stop rotating
is there a way to remove the trace line from swype so it runs faster?

how do we disable the autocorrection feature and the user dictionary or is that no longer a issue?

also you should consider leaving in the samsung messaging interface but hiding the links to it in the start menu, when i assign messaging to a spot on my today screen it goes straight into the default wm messaging app. No lag or need to delete any previous text before replying
@bmt10
the theme not sticking after a soft reset is a known issue for me the only workaround is to reselect the theme and try not to reset the device ever again. Or just let the today screen soft buttons be plain everyother screen will be skinned correctly
AMDZERO i think you should take out orientation and let us install that ourselves,
put the default sips back so we can have the input menu
and can anyone tell me WHY i cant install the wp7 swype skin from my sd card anymore?

whoa, thats a lot of info...

I'm not able to modify swype in anyway according to the rules of this forum. There is a sticky on it.

I'm not understanding about the samsung messaging you mentioned. How did you assign messaging to a spot on your today screen?

the orientation detection is a simple fix. I forgot to add the registry entries for the sdk. I'll post them here in a little bit.

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Devices:AMDZERO'D out i920!!!!!!!!
its because I use easy today launcher.

brainstorm03

brainstorm03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 920
Love this rom so far, tons of space and very fast. Just noticed there's no lock screen off of the lock button, just a blank screen. Any way to add one in, preferrably S2U2?

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Love this rom so far, tons of space and very fast. Just noticed there's no lock screen off of the lock button, just a blank screen. Any way to add one in, preferrably S2U2?

I won't add that in because it is a lite rom. You can add s2u2 ofter you flash. I'll re-post the samsung lockscreen if ppl really want it.

brainstorm03

brainstorm03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

I won't add that in because it is a lite rom. You can add s2u2 ofter you flash. I'll re-post the samsung lockscreen if ppl really want it.

No problem, that makes sense. Is there a way I can assign it to the lock button without having to build my own ROM? I thought there was a thread on it somewhere but I'm having no luck finding it.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

No problem, that makes sense. Is there a way I can assign it to the lock button without having to build my own ROM? I thought there was a thread on it somewhere but I'm having no luck finding it.

the lock button is wired to lockscreen.exe you could trying copying s2u2.exe to that and see what happens.

brainstorm03

brainstorm03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

the lock button is wired to lockscreen.exe you could trying copying s2u2.exe to that and see what happens.

Couldn't get it to work, couldn't find the lockscreen.exe. Set it to the ok button for now and it's working fine, so I'll keep it there until I figure it out. Thanks for the help.

JeremyGNJ

JeremyGNJ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II

Couldn't get it to work, couldn't find the lockscreen.exe. Set it to the ok button for now and it's working fine, so I'll keep it there until I figure it out. Thanks for the help.

What are you trying to accomplish?

I configure S2U2 to activate when the device is powered off. Essentially as soon as I hit the lock button, S2U2 is activated as soon as I turn the phone back on.

jbr05ki

jbr05ki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia DEUX (i920)
  • Twitter:@jbr05ki
when using the Samsung Dialer, Caller ID photos do not work. Had to switch to the WinMo Dialer.

brainstorm03

brainstorm03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

What are you trying to accomplish?

I configure S2U2 to activate when the device is powered off. Essentially as soon as I hit the lock button, S2U2 is activated as soon as I turn the phone back on.

Didn't think of trying it like that. Thanks, worked perfect.

batch519

batch519

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 SCH-i920
I experienced several lockups (at least 10) using this ROM all weekend. Is it the orientation detection?

ROM: S.i920.2.0V.DC23.21889
AMDZero ZeroSense v1.0

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

I experienced several lockups (at least 10) using this ROM all weekend. Is it the orientation detection?

did you start the service (autostart)?

I don't even use the app myself.

batch519

batch519

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 SCH-i920

did you start the service (autostart)?

I don't even use the app myself.

No, I don't use the app either so this must not be why I am getting the freeze-ups. Speaking of orientation, is there anyway (reg key maybe?) to completely turn off orientation detection, as in, never allow it to rotate to landscape for any app?

As far as the freeze-ups (which weren't happening with DC23 and your ZeroStock ROM) Maybe I should re do the DG21 update and re-flash the ROM?

ROM: S.i920.2.0V.DC23.21889
AMDZero ZeroSense v1.0

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i920
How do i get the scroll bar to show? I cant scroll on certain apps

Samsung Omnia II i920

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

How do i get the scroll bar to show? I cant scroll on certain apps

its a registry setting. However if you enable the verticle scroll bar, then you will have to deal with it in the Samsung Dialer. You should use Dailer Switcher and go to default windows dialer, then Reset. This will enable the scroll bar.

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

its a registry setting. However if you enable the verticle scroll bar, then you will have to deal with it in the Samsung Dialer. You should use Dailer Switcher and go to default windows dialer, then Reset. This will enable the scroll bar.

Ok cool. I already have Phone Canvas installed as my default dialer so that already takes care of that issue. Can I still do the registry change without using the default windows dialer? If so, which registry do I change?

Edited by the sandman, 13 September 2010 - 07:14 PM.

Samsung Omnia II i920

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Ok cool. I already have Phone Canvas installed as my default dialer so that already takes care of that issue. Can I still do the registry change without using the default windows dialer? If so, which registry do I change?

sure just change this...

This will re-enable the vertical scroll bar
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GWE]
"cxVScr"=dword:1

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

sure just change this...

This will re-enable the vertical scroll bar
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GWE]
"cxVScr"=dword:1

Cool thanks a lot. Lovin' the Lite Rom btw

Samsung Omnia II i920

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

No, I don't use the app either so this must not be why I am getting the freeze-ups. Speaking of orientation, is there anyway (reg key maybe?) to completely turn off orientation detection, as in, never allow it to rotate to landscape for any app?

As far as the freeze-ups (which weren't happening with DC23 and your ZeroStock ROM) Maybe I should re do the DG21 update and re-flash the ROM?

as I was looking through the registry today I ran across these entries:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\MotionSettings]
	"Rotation"=dword:0
	"Etiquette"=dword:0
	"OFFSET_X"=dword:0
	"OFFSET_Y"=dword:0
	"OFFSET_Z"=dword:0
	"OffsetChanged"=dword:0
	"EnableRotation"=dword:1
	"RotationVib"=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\MotionAgent]
	"Dll"="MotionAgent.dll"
	"Flags"=dword:2
	"Description"="Motion Agent Service"
	"DisplayName"="Motion Agent"
	"Index"=dword:0
	"Prefix"="MAG"
	"Keep"=dword:1
	"Order"=dword:20
You might try setting Enable Rotation to 0, and erasing the Dll referenced in MotionAgent

let me know how it goes. I know Opera 10 seems to rotate no matter what.

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920
Hey, AMD. Nice ROM so far. No real problems to report, and my WIFI speeds have gone through the roof. Battery life does seem quite a bit worse, but I'm constantly charging, so no issue there.

Your description in the 1st post is kinda sparse. Does the Lite ROM have things like the GLES1.0 drivers that Chainfire cobbled together for us?

Edited by tedkord, 14 September 2010 - 04:25 AM.

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users