[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

No problem, that makes sense. Is there a way I can assign it to the lock button without having to build my own ROM? I thought there was a thread on it somewhere but I'm having no luck finding it.

the lock button is wired to lockscreen.exe you could trying copying s2u2.exe to that and see what happens.

Guest brainstorm03
the lock button is wired to lockscreen.exe you could trying copying s2u2.exe to that and see what happens.

Couldn't get it to work, couldn't find the lockscreen.exe. Set it to the ok button for now and it's working fine, so I'll keep it there until I figure it out. Thanks for the help.

Guest JeremyGNJ
Couldn't get it to work, couldn't find the lockscreen.exe. Set it to the ok button for now and it's working fine, so I'll keep it there until I figure it out. Thanks for the help.

What are you trying to accomplish?

I configure S2U2 to activate when the device is powered off. Essentially as soon as I hit the lock button, S2U2 is activated as soon as I turn the phone back on.

Guest brainstorm03
What are you trying to accomplish?

I configure S2U2 to activate when the device is powered off. Essentially as soon as I hit the lock button, S2U2 is activated as soon as I turn the phone back on.

Didn't think of trying it like that. Thanks, worked perfect.

I experienced several lockups (at least 10) using this ROM all weekend. Is it the orientation detection?

did you start the service (autostart)?

I don't even use the app myself.

Guest batch519
did you start the service (autostart)?

I don't even use the app myself.

No, I don't use the app either so this must not be why I am getting the freeze-ups. Speaking of orientation, is there anyway (reg key maybe?) to completely turn off orientation detection, as in, never allow it to rotate to landscape for any app?

As far as the freeze-ups (which weren't happening with DC23 and your ZeroStock ROM) Maybe I should re do the DG21 update and re-flash the ROM?

How do i get the scroll bar to show? I cant scroll on certain apps

its a registry setting. However if you enable the verticle scroll bar, then you will have to deal with it in the Samsung Dialer. You should use Dailer Switcher and go to default windows dialer, then Reset. This will enable the scroll bar.

Guest the sandman
its a registry setting. However if you enable the verticle scroll bar, then you will have to deal with it in the Samsung Dialer. You should use Dailer Switcher and go to default windows dialer, then Reset. This will enable the scroll bar.

Ok cool. I already have Phone Canvas installed as my default dialer so that already takes care of that issue. Can I still do the registry change without using the default windows dialer? If so, which registry do I change?

Edited by the sandman

Ok cool. I already have Phone Canvas installed as my default dialer so that already takes care of that issue. Can I still do the registry change without using the default windows dialer? If so, which registry do I change?

sure just change this...

This will re-enable the vertical scroll bar

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GWE]

"cxVScr"=dword:1

Guest the sandman
sure just change this...

This will re-enable the vertical scroll bar

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GWE]

"cxVScr"=dword:1

Cool thanks a lot. Lovin' the Lite Rom btw

No, I don't use the app either so this must not be why I am getting the freeze-ups. Speaking of orientation, is there anyway (reg key maybe?) to completely turn off orientation detection, as in, never allow it to rotate to landscape for any app?

As far as the freeze-ups (which weren't happening with DC23 and your ZeroStock ROM) Maybe I should re do the DG21 update and re-flash the ROM?

as I was looking through the registry today I ran across these entries:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\MotionSettings]

"Rotation"=dword:0

"Etiquette"=dword:0

"OFFSET_X"=dword:0

"OFFSET_Y"=dword:0

"OFFSET_Z"=dword:0

"OffsetChanged"=dword:0

"EnableRotation"=dword:1

"RotationVib"=dword:1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\MotionAgent]

"Dll"="MotionAgent.dll"

"Flags"=dword:2

"Description"="Motion Agent Service"

"DisplayName"="Motion Agent"

"Index"=dword:0

"Prefix"="MAG"

"Keep"=dword:1

"Order"=dword:20

You might try setting Enable Rotation to 0, and erasing the Dll referenced in MotionAgent

let me know how it goes. I know Opera 10 seems to rotate no matter what.

Hey, AMD. Nice ROM so far. No real problems to report, and my WIFI speeds have gone through the roof. Battery life does seem quite a bit worse, but I'm constantly charging, so no issue there.

Your description in the 1st post is kinda sparse. Does the Lite ROM have things like the GLES1.0 drivers that Chainfire cobbled together for us?

Edited by tedkord

Hey, AMD. Nice ROM so far. No real problems to report, and my WIFI speeds have gone through the roof. Battery life does seem quite a bit worse, but I'm constantly charging, so no issue there.

Your description in the 1st post is kinda sparse. Does the Lite ROM have things like the GLES1.0 drivers that Chainfire cobbled together for us?

I guess I need to be more descriptive of what is "IN" the rom eh? yeah the OpenGL 1.0 driver is IN there already.

I guess I need to be more descriptive of what is "IN" the rom eh? yeah the OpenGL 1.0 driver is IN there already.

Nah, you don't "need" to do anything more than you want. :lol: It's your baby, and as it's a free service (or donation supported, anyway), I'm not gonna complain about any decision you make.

I figured the OGL drivers were in there, since FPUEnabler and S3Overclock were. Just wanted to be sure.

BTW, if anyone cares, I tried TouchXperience on the new DG21 ROM, and it's no better. So, I guess the OpenGLES 2.0 drivers weren't updated, or at least weren't improved. Shame on Samsung! This device should easily handle the 3D games thrown at it, but Samsung sucks at drivers.

Guest batch519
as I was looking through the registry today I ran across these entries:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\MotionSettings]

"Rotation"=dword:0

"Etiquette"=dword:0

"OFFSET_X"=dword:0

"OFFSET_Y"=dword:0

"OFFSET_Z"=dword:0

"OffsetChanged"=dword:0

"EnableRotation"=dword:1

"RotationVib"=dword:1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\MotionAgent]

"Dll"="MotionAgent.dll"

"Flags"=dword:2

"Description"="Motion Agent Service"

"DisplayName"="Motion Agent"

"Index"=dword:0

"Prefix"="MAG"

"Keep"=dword:1

"Order"=dword:20

You might try setting Enable Rotation to 0, and erasing the Dll referenced in MotionAgent

let me know how it goes. I know Opera 10 seems to rotate no matter what.

Thanks for digging in to this for me AMD, I will try it out and let you know. I think I figured out what was causing my lockups, I disabled all 'power' settings/options under the S2U2 settings and only allow S2U2 to lock my device upon waking up, which is under 'general'.

Thanks!!

A quick question, on some of these cooked roms I noticed the physical buttons hold commands were changed. On this one when you hold the end key it puts it in airplane mode instead of bringing up the shutdown confirmation, and holding the send key brings up the voice command program(which I'm assuming is not on this rom as it gives an error). Can these disabled or at the very least changed? I used a program to assign commands to them but in the case of those two buttons it ignores that and still puts it in airplane mode. Also along those same lines is there a way to disable the hold functions on the volume slider that put it into vibrate if you hold down? I'd like to assign that to page down or something to use for scrolling, already set the normal press to up and down commands. O

Okay that wasn't really a quick question but I would appreciate any insight.

A quick question, on some of these cooked roms I noticed the physical buttons hold commands were changed. On this one when you hold the end key it puts it in airplane mode instead of bringing up the shutdown confirmation, and holding the send key brings up the voice command program(which I'm assuming is not on this rom as it gives an error). Can these disabled or at the very least changed? I used a program to assign commands to them but in the case of those two buttons it ignores that and still puts it in airplane mode. Also along those same lines is there a way to disable the hold functions on the volume slider that put it into vibrate if you hold down? I'd like to assign that to page down or something to use for scrolling, already set the normal press to up and down commands. O

Okay that wasn't really a quick question but I would appreciate any insight.

The buttons on this device are controlled by proprietary code. Its not as easy as a registry entry.

You mention the power button hold puts the phone in airplane mode, this isn't completely correct. It doesn't ask you the question anymore and starts the shutdown sequence. So if you press power and hold the phone will shut off. It is linked to a dll that controls many msgs (cameramsgbox.dll I think?) and you can hex-edit a link to any program you want. The problem with doing this (as me and steel found out) is that after you press and hold the power button, all the buttons on the phone stop working. So we tried to get set it to slide2shutdown, but then you couldn't shutdown the phone because Samsung uses a propriety shutdown call in the dll (that we haven't found) so slide2shutdown doesn't actually shut the phone off, but puts it into standby. So changing the powerbutton link in the mentioned dll will mean you have to remove the battery to actually turn the phone off.

The Call button is coded to voicerecognition.exe So (in theory) you can make take any exe you want and rename it to voicerecognition.exe and place it into the windows directory (overwriting if necessary).

Finally I do not know where the volume hold (down) button is controlled.

The buttons on this device are controlled by proprietary code. Its not as easy as a registry entry.

You mention the power button hold puts the phone in airplane mode, this isn't completely correct. It doesn't ask you the question anymore and starts the shutdown sequence. So if you press power and hold the phone will shut off. It is linked to a dll that controls many msgs (cameramsgbox.dll I think?) and you can hex-edit a link to any program you want. The problem with doing this (as me and steel found out) is that after you press and hold the power button, all the buttons on the phone stop working. So we tried to get set it to slide2shutdown, but then you couldn't shutdown the phone because Samsung uses a propriety shutdown call in the dll (that we haven't found) so slide2shutdown doesn't actually shut the phone off, but puts it into standby. So changing the powerbutton link in the mentioned dll will mean you have to remove the battery to actually turn the phone off.

The Call button is coded to voicerecognition.exe So (in theory) you can make take any exe you want and rename it to voicerecognition.exe and place it into the windows directory (overwriting if necessary).

Finally I do not know where the volume hold (down) button is controlled.

Well that makes sense, I had set the hold command for the power button to power off the phone and I just figured that it was first turning on air plane mode(the airplane mode icon does appear in the taskbar) and then doing the command I assigned to turn off the phone, which serves to achieve what I was trying for anyways which was to have power hold shut off the phone without giving me the confirm dialogue...I probably should of tried shutting down the phone that way before I went and messed with it. Other commands I have are double and triple pressing the send and end key so I really don't need to go through all that, especially since half the things you said went right over my head :/

Thank you for the insight though.

Also since you mentioned slide2shutdown I'm curious if you have tried a program called Quick Shutdown, it's basically a clone of slide2shutdown but they say that is does not run on .net and it opens up instantly compared to slide2shutdown.

Edited by bmt10

Well that makes sense, I had set the hold command for the power button to power off the phone and I just figured that it was first turning on air plane mode(the airplane mode icon does appear in the taskbar) and then doing the command I assigned to turn off the phone, which serves to achieve what I was trying for anyways which was to have power hold shut off the phone without giving me the confirm dialogue...I probably should of tried shutting down the phone that way before I went and messed with it. Other commands I have are double and triple pressing the send and end key so I really don't need to go through all that, especially since half the things you said went right over my head :/

Thank you for the insight though.

Also since you mentioned slide2shutdown I'm curious if you have tried a program called Quick Shutdown, it's basically a clone of slide2shutdown but they say that is does not run on .net and it opens up instantly compared to slide2shutdown.

I just installed quickshutdown, I used it before. It IS fast, but again, doesn't actually turn the phone off. I've stopped using slide2shutdown for this reason.

what is the program you use for double tripple press of buttons?

I just installed quickshutdown, I used it before. It IS fast, but again, doesn't actually turn the phone off. I've stopped using slide2shutdown for this reason.

what is the program you use for double tripple press of buttons?

Neither slide2shutdown or this one will power off the phone for me, so I use the faster one for restarting, it's bound to triple press on my end key.

[url=http://ae.inc.ru/aebplus.php]AEButton Plus[/url, sometimes it doesn't get along with sense and will crash when you open up the menu for it but otherwise it works very well for me.

Neither slide2shutdown or this one will power off the phone for me, so I use the faster one for restarting, it's bound to triple press on my end key.

AEButton Plus[/url, sometimes it doesn't get along with sense and will crash when you open up the menu for it but otherwise it works very well for me.

I really like and recommend AEButton Plus, also.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1406208

Edited by Robtao

:lol:

Wondered across an interesting bug. In Sounds and Notifications; the sounds for Phine: Incoming Call look at 'My Ringtones' (as it should).

The other notification sounds do not, they only pick-up as choices the sounds in \Windows.

As a workaround I can copy My Ringtomes to \windows, but I thought I'd point it out. Has anyone else noticed this?