urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Devices:AMDZERO'D out i920!!!!!!!!
Thanks to Sorg
Camera Mod (I did not use the included .mui file from the .rar because i use a i920 and originally this is for the i8000)

It creates a new folder wherever you save your pics called i8000CAM (i left it alone just in case and it works fine)
adds two new sizes to the size settings menu (i now have 720x480,640x480,320x420,176x144)
also i notice that the camera now can be set to use gps and post your position on the pics(turning this on will cause you to have to wait to take a picture so that the camera can lock on to satellites;the best solution is to use the gps reg tweaks i will post below
and this all came about from this from Eduuuuu.Thanks!!

It's really annoying to have the pictures named as: SCN00001, SCN00002, and etc...
We, that flashes ROM all the time.... specially because there are always exceptional ROMs coming up.... The Picture file Name Always Resets to 00001
OR you don't even have to Flash your phone.... if you take a lot of pictures... Document everything with your omnia... And have to do BACK-UPs on your PC... The Camera Picture Folder will be empty, and then... Camera software will start all over, from 00001...

And what really sucks...
go to Your PC.... and Back-up your folder again... You have a HUGE ISSUE to mess with... DUPLICATED File names, but of course, DIFFERENT Pictures!

You are probably facing this problem, since you have your omnia. I or II.

P.S. It's not possible to keep all the pictures in my phone...
as I said: if you are a camera user... you will do back-ups to your PC... then the problem comes later...

http://www.modaco.co...e-jpg/page/40/#

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
KeySwop
Posted Image

KeySwop is a simple tool for you to remap the softkeys on the today screen.
Get the FREEWARE here
http://www.freewarep...ad-keyswop.html

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
Use Google Servers for Omnia 2 Gps (faster locks;same servers android use)

Thanks to Darius P., Lancez
simple .reg file to run/import on the Omnia 2

http://www.modaco.co...erver/page/20/#

Edited by urphonesux, 08 October 2010 - 03:25 PM.

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
adjust audio levels
reset battery S-O-C % (state of charge) without resetting the Omnia 2

the two uses i mentioned can be found in the close menu on the bottom right end of the menu bar
battery monitor for S-O-C %
Audio Gain for audio levels

Under music speaker change the following values: L1VL2 – 110; HPG7 – 1110; L3L7 – 10; OVL7 – 00001001; OVR7 - 00010010 --->then click apply, a small screen will pop up, click ok on it----> once on the main screen again, you can apply the same values for all other areas like ringtone, force speaker, voice, speaker and once done, click on menu and exit. Note that these values will not be changed after the soft reset but they will go back to manufacture values after a hard reset. These are the default values to set everything like before: L1VL2 – 101; HPG7 – 1011; L3VL7 – 10; OVL7 – 00011000; OVR7 - 00011000
there are other options that you can use also but not all of them work as this app is for the i8000 originally (the radio needs the headphones to be plugged in to work)

http://phj.hu/i8000/Smart.CAB

Edited by urphonesux, 08 October 2010 - 03:24 PM.

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
Faster rotation app (to me)
Thanks to 600GOL and ED209!!

first put this .dll in your /windows folder
http://www.modaco.co...h...st&id=47106 (fixes reverse rotation of HTCSensorSDK.dll)

then install this app

changeScreen v2.78! attached below

first turn off any other rotation software you have installed
then install changescreen
open the app and click enable and run at startup

Thats it and you can also add exceptions

Attached Files

Edited by urphonesux, 08 October 2010 - 03:43 PM.

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
assign a hardware button to CLOSE/KILL apps

use the program called zapit! and just map it to a button.(i use ok button shortpress for zapit and longpress for ok)
http://handheld.soft...load-35606.html

RoyalDrew

RoyalDrew

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I910 & I920
1. What all is involved in being able to map rotation to a hardware key, is it just a few registry keys?

2. I applied the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM:SMSInboxThreadingDisabled=0 key to enable threaded messaging which makes a world of difference on AMD's ZeroStock.
But I was wondering how i could change the colors of the text background and contact's name. Image attached
Attached File  colors.png   49.29KB   13 downloads

BTW - I know of the cab files that let you map rotations the the hardware key, i would just like to better understand the phone

Edited by RoyalDrew, 13 October 2010 - 04:08 AM.

RoyalDrew

RoyalDrew

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I910 & I920

1. What all is involved in being able to map rotation to a hardware key, is it just a few registry keys?

2. I applied the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM:SMSInboxThreadingDisabled=0 key to enable threaded messaging which makes a world of difference on AMD's ZeroStock.
But I was wondering how i could change the colors of the text background and contact's name. Image attached
Attached File  colors.png   49.29KB   13 downloads

BTW - I know of the cab files that let you map rotations the the hardware key, i would just like to better understand the phone

#1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\Rotation\HideOrientationUI from 1 to 0
Didn't think it was this easy. I guess i assumed it was more difficult since people cab'd it up

#2. I'd still like to know if this is a simple fix

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
do a search for customize your sms

wm 6.5 sms themes

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

do a search for customize your sms

wm 6.5 sms themes

I'm not quite sure about the black text, but the sms messaging text you are referring to (blue and green), are contained in a file called iframe_style.css

Have a look here and you'll see what I mean.

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=622520

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
Add email to jinbox

Enable Samsung skinned Email application: In more recent ROMs the Samsung messaging application has only included the SMS folders unlike older Samsung ROMs which allowed you to setup and navigate through email accounts within the Samsung messaging app. If you would like to re-enable this feature you can edit this registry setting: HKLM\Software\Samsung\JINBOX - change the ShowEmailAccounts entry from 0 to 1. Restart the Samsung messaging app and now you will have access to the email folders as well as SMS.

Edited by urphonesux, 15 October 2010 - 02:56 PM.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

Add email to jinbox

Enable Samsung skinned Email application: In more recent ROMs the Samsung messaging application has only included the SMS folders unlike older Samsung ROMs which allowed you to setup and navigate through email accounts within the Samsung messaging app. If you would like to re-enable this feature you can edit this registry setting: HKLM\Software\Samsung\JINBOX - change the ShowEmailAccounts entry from 0 to 1. Restart the Samsung messaging app and now you will have access to the email folders as well as SMS.

I was looking into using that tmail wrapper, but it doesn't work as advertised. I think your solution works, I just didn't want to view the ACTUAL message using the tmail poutlook program. I like the jinbox look and feel, but once you click on the email to view it back to MS you go.

on a side note could you walk me through the quickmenu or whatever it is you use as the start menu replacement. I'm curious as to how much ram I can absorb back for use in sense.

Lancez

Lancez

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts
  • Interests:My Devices:
    Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung I9100
    Samsung S8600 Bada
    Samsung I8000
    Samsung I900
    Sony Ericsson X10a
a reg tweak to have dynamic (blinking) battery icon when u charge the phone.

HKLM\ControlPanel\ Power\ , create new Dword = DynamicChargeicon, value = 1, then reset your phone.

P.S. this thread is pinned, hopefully you can re-organize all tweaks in the 1st post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users