- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

teege51

teege51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

WP7 is ugly, that phone is ugly. Specs are nothing special, why would anyone want that phone.

One real problem I see with wp7. They don't have a tablet and don't have plans for one. I'd go so far as to say that that UI doesn't port to the Tablet form factor for sh*t. Everyone who's got an iphone likes the ipad because it looks and works like the iphone. Everyone who has and android phone likes the android tablets for the same reason. Even the Windows mobile users could convince themselves that the windows 7 or windows ce tables were similar to there phones(even if not true), but what tablet are the WP7 users supposed to identify. That means that if I'm looking for a phone and a tablet i'm probably looking away from M$.

Tablet ??? Jeez...give me a break !
At least pre- I-Pad tablets functioned as a small notebook, and do NOT require a contract to own or use. IF you want a tablet to have phone capabilities, then WHY take away the PC interface so that you're now effectively reduced to using whatever the Carrier or ISP or Google allows you to use?
After all, the APPS that Apple and Droid are offering you (for profit), are rudimentary and inferior to full scale PC software programs.....and do you REALLY want to carry around a tablet to make a phone call ??
A POINT to offer here: Until your carrier has a full fledged 4G network in widespread operation, tablets will be severely restricted....even MORE than what some think applies now to Win7 phones.
MS took the inevitable plunge towards ENDING the previous WinMo OS. New hardware and capabilities certainly require it.
IMHO- Pretty icons and GUI's work nicely for handheld video game platforms....I value functionality and productivity first.
The adaptive nature of W7 OS and the clout of M$ hardware partnerships bode well for it, AND this Forum.

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Devices:AMDZERO'D out i920!!!!!!!!
the latest rumor says that omnia 7 will run wp7 STANDARD......................................not professional like other devices will run

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

the latest rumor says that omnia 7 will run wp7 STANDARD......................................not professional like other devices will run

your telling me there is more than one version of wp7? come on MS! Just make ONE VERSION, let the chefs sort out the rest :)

teege51

teege51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

your telling me there is more than one version of wp7? come on MS! Just make ONE VERSION, let the chefs sort out the rest :)

I beg to differ..... History has shown that the more versions there are, the more avenues of 'hackability' there will be.
ALSO, it logically follows that these first WP7 offerings are merely "entry" devices whose hardware is not fully capable of utilizing WP7 professional.

bmt10

bmt10

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II i920
I just don't understand the point of a tablet...I have my phone and I have my laptop(15.6 inch). If I wanted something in between I would get a netbook that can do about everything a laptop can do. What's the point of a tablet? That it's slightly smaller or slightly larger than a phone?

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
thats what im saying according to this
Posted Image

bmt10

bmt10

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Will USA carriers get any love?

AT&T will get it renamed and in a different case on Nov 8.

http://www.samsunghu...-phone-for-att/
http://www.mobilebur...ry.jsp?Id=11203

Edited by bmt10, 13 October 2010 - 08:46 PM.

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Devices:Vzw - Samsung Omnia i920
  • Twitter:@ninja4hire

thats what im saying according to this
Posted Image

Something is fishy about that. From what I understand WP7 is the only one version. Weird..

Edited by Ninja4Hire, 13 October 2010 - 09:54 PM.

teege51

teege51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Something is fishy about that. From what I understand WP7 is the only one version. Weird..

EVIDENTLY... Cut & Paste, Flash, html5, Mac Sync, etc.... COMING !

http://www.networkwo...-7-to-have.html

http://www.pcworld.c....html?tk=hp_new

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

EVIDENTLY... Cut & Paste, Flash, html5, Mac Sync, etc.... COMING !

http://www.networkwo...-7-to-have.html

http://www.pcworld.c....html?tk=hp_new

mac sync? who cares about that?

bmt10

bmt10

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

mac sync? who cares about that?

Yea where's the removable storage function so I can just plug it into my linux or any other os?

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Yea where's the removable storage function so I can just plug it into my linux or any other os?

I'm completely floored by this concept. WHY ON EARTH would M$ R E M O V E the ability to have removable memory cards. Yeah okay I can understand you don't want a phone to have this option but MAKING IT THE STANDARD!?

Why am I over reacting, I don't even have a WP7 phone yet lol

bmt10

bmt10

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
I think it may have to dowith the way the os uses storage, I heard that you can not insert or swap or remove a sd card without doing a factory reset of the phone to integrate that card into the main storage.

That's sounds absolutely backwards but if that's the case then I could easily imagine that it's not able to.

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920

I think it may have to dowith the way the os uses storage, I heard that you can not insert or swap or remove a sd card without doing a factory reset of the phone to integrate that card into the main storage.

That's sounds absolutely backwards but if that's the case then I could easily imagine that it's not able to.

M$="retarded"

We all know that Verizon will only sell a single memory size of each phone, generally the lower one. If a phone has an 8gb and 16gb model worldwide, Verizon will sell the 8gb one. So, you can be sure any WP7 phones will have the smaller SD card installed. Now, if you want to put that 16gb card you just got in...uh oh. Why in the hell would they do this?

I'm sorry, but by all that I've seen, WM7 is a step backwards in every respect. Hey, Apple tells you what software you can use with the iPhone. Microsoft out apple's apple, by telling you what Microsdhc card you can have. They just don't get it.

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

bmt10

bmt10

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
It's not like it's anything new, it's the same thing they did with the xbox and as long as people remain stupid enough to go for it microsoft will keep getting worse, they will eventually kill apple and dethrone their entire ipod/iphone scam and take it's place.

What sucks about WP7 is that now all we have to run into googles hands, while they're not nearly as bad as MS it's still something I don't like one bit. Some people have the option to get symbian phones but not us on verizon(and frankly if you stayed with verizon this long you didn't have a choice and will be stuck with them).

A thought as far the storage goes, they are basing WP7 on the zune themes right? What if it's not just the theme what if they were so lazy that they built it off of the same software? As far as I know they do not have card slots and thus would have no reason to have support for them...do they support a removable storage option either?

Edited by bmt10, 15 October 2010 - 03:11 AM.

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
Some of the phones will have micro SD support.

The Focus is the phone we've been calling the i917 Cetus in leaks, a curvy, glossy slate with a 4-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display (presumably ripped right out of the Galaxy S line), a 5 megapixel camera, and support for microSD expansion up to 32GB; it'll be hitting AT&T in the States. The Omnia 7 is the second model, launching on Orange, SFR, Movistar, and T-Mobile across Europe with the same Super AMOLED display, Snapdragon processor (rare for a Samsung, by the way), 5 megapixel cam, and either 8GB or 16GB on board. Expect both of these to launch in time for the holidays; in fact, the Focus can be yours on AT&T come November 8 for $199.99.

http://www.engadget....indows-phone-7/

Edited by Ninja4Hire, 15 October 2010 - 04:19 AM.

bmt10

bmt10

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Some of the phones will have micro SD support.

The Focus is the phone we've been calling the i917 Cetus in leaks, a curvy, glossy slate with a 4-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display (presumably ripped right out of the Galaxy S line), a 5 megapixel camera, and support for microSD expansion up to 32GB; it'll be hitting AT&T in the States. The Omnia 7 is the second model, launching on Orange, SFR, Movistar, and T-Mobile across Europe with the same Super AMOLED display, Snapdragon processor (rare for a Samsung, by the way), 5 megapixel cam, and either 8GB or 16GB on board. Expect both of these to launch in time for the holidays; in fact, the Focus can be yours on AT&T come November 8 for $199.99.

http://www.engadget....indows-phone-7/

Most of them do that we are seeing now past the rumor stages, but...

"It comes with a catch though, you need to install the card before you use the phone. If you decide to change the card or add it later, the whole storage will be erased. So, if you buy a Samsung Focus with a 8GB card, and later decide to add a 32GB card, you would loose all data on that card AND the phones internal memory"

http://www.esphonebl...-microsd-cards/

That's just horrifically poor programming.

Edited by bmt10, 15 October 2010 - 04:39 AM.

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Most of them do that we are seeing now past the rumor stages, but...

"It comes with a catch though, you need to install the card before you use the phone. If you decide to change the card or add it later, the whole storage will be erased. So, if you buy a Samsung Focus with a 8GB card, and later decide to add a 32GB card, you would loose all data on that card AND the phones internal memory"

http://www.esphonebl...-microsd-cards/

That's just horrifically poor programming.

Totally agree, that is crazy! They must be trying to eliminate side loading of apps. Apple = jailbreak, Android = Rooted, I wonder what the catch phrase will be for WP7 when it gets hacked.....de-formated lol.

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
i was under the impression that the sd WILL BE the internal memory........But is that even possible?

Omega Ra

Omega Ra

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920

Here is the Omnia 7 in action...guys english isn't that great but hte phone is fast.

Edited by Omega Ra, 15 October 2010 - 02:21 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users