Changind default programs on today screen

Guest ploop

I currently have ninja4hire's omniaphone7 installed and I would like to change a few things on the today screen. When I press on time, it opens up what looks like is the default alarm/clock thing for windows mobile, however in my programs there is a much better looking program called "Clock&Alarm" is there anyway for this to be opened up when I press on the clock on the today screen? Also, for calander, same thing. I would like for it to open "Touch Calandar" instead of what it is opening up now. Same thing for the favorites button. I only see internet explorer, however I know that opera is the default browser.

Thanks, any help is appreciated

Guest amdzero
I currently have ninja4hire's omniaphone7 installed and I would like to change a few things on the today screen. When I press on time, it opens up what looks like is the default alarm/clock thing for windows mobile, however in my programs there is a much better looking program called "Clock&Alarm" is there anyway for this to be opened up when I press on the clock on the today screen? Also, for calander, same thing. I would like for it to open "Touch Calandar" instead of what it is opening up now. Same thing for the favorites button. I only see internet explorer, however I know that opera is the default browser.

Thanks, any help is appreciated

This has been discussed before.

Use a registry editor (I like dot fred's task manager) and look at the following key...

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai

in there are the defaults like :MSCALENDAR

well good news is i got both the clock and the calander working how i want, but i still have a useless button called favorites on the today screen.

At the moment, it says internet explorer when selected. How can i make this just turn into a button for opera? I dont know what it would be called in the rai folder

Guest amdzero
well good news is i got both the clock and the calander working how i want, but i still have a useless button called favorites on the today screen.

At the moment, it says internet explorer when selected. How can i make this just turn into a button for opera? I dont know what it would be called in the rai folder

That my friend is not tied to RAI registry key. Instead it is a plugin for titanium called cFavorites (spelling?).

If you are going to play around with the plugins, you need to download this useful today editor:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=506951

and here is a link for opera favorites:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro/64...b-titanium.html

You can add all kinds of plugins, some useful others not so much. Just google Titanium plugins, or chome plugins.

i dont know what i did, but i lost all the buttons on myhome screen. i only have the background that was there before..happened after i was messing with the editor..

Is there a way to reinstall the home screen stuff? Would I reinstall titanium somehow?

Guest amdzero
i dont know what i did, but i lost all the buttons on myhome screen. i only have the background that was there before..happened after i was messing with the editor..

Is there a way to reinstall the home screen stuff? Would I reinstall titanium somehow?

Everything that is done to titanium, is kept in two places. One is titanium(whatever the resolution is).cpr and the second place is the registry.

If you messed up the registry settings the "windows default" won't load properly. I'm guessing that if you are using the offical stock rom, and not a custom one, then you are NOT USING titanium(*).cpr, but instead using splugins.cpr

splugins.cpr is samsung's version of titanium. I don't think the showaco editor will work on the splugins.cpr version.

if you want to return to the official (original) registry settings use these:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome]

"Plugins"="CMyPhotos;SMusic;SWelcomeCenter;Sphone;SVMail;SClock;CText;CEmail;SCalendar

CHomeFavs;CWindowsLive;SFavorites" datatype="string"/>

"<Plugins Order=\"CMyPhotos;SMusic;SWelcomeCenter;Sphone;SVMail;SClock;CText;CEmail;SCalendar

CWindowsLive;SFavorites\" CPRFileName=\"Titanium\" DisplayStyle=\"Titanium\" />"

"CPRFile" ="SPlugins"

make sure you soft reset, after making these changes, or disable then re-enable "Windows Default" in the home settings.