Mine back as well I didnt even have to use my army of evidence lol
A shame.. I guess we wait now until we see what the Advent is like.. but am also looking at the Archos 101
Just posted this here as toshiba forum seems to like to moderate my posts sorry..
Knobby you know what mate you did your bit. Some people just don't want to listen, FACT the item is priced at £999 in PC world, how do i know, because i saw it with my own eyes when i took mine back to the shop. Was told by the manager of the store that a mass message was sent to PC WORLD and CURRYS in order to bump the price up (so no one would buy it) but keep it on the shelves till further notice. Was also told that there was a recall from toshiba not 100% sure of the reasons could be mistaken but im sure it was something to do with the battery and that they were going to re-release the folio just before christmas.
I really did want to like this device, but im sorry but when
1. MAJOR stores PC WORLD & CURRYS have removed the device from their website especially when PC World had the 21 day exclusive, if anyone noticed the advert with the four tabs ( Samsung, Toshiba, Archos, Advent) the Toshiba has also been removed from this advert WTF!
2. Bumping the price to £999 in store.
3. Personally told by one of the people at the customer services desk "Not Another ONE!!" and it was a running joke with the staff.
4. The whole flash saga, Lets se what happens tomorrow.
5. The fact that Toshiba is keeping quiet, not only on the number of returns but also any problems which the device may have.. i had mine for over a week and no info on updates or anything. I know it takes time but its free to communicate with your customers, clearly knowing the issues the device has, please the device even has its own product information center app.
6. its taking forum users (a few on here Toshiba Forum) more so on XDA and Modaco to actually try and make the device usable (i was so happy to see people pull together like this) Toshiba hasn't even had the decency to write in their own forum to the loyal few who have stuck with their device. How many of you knew about the flash upgrade supposedly released tomorrow. did toshiba themselves tell you or did you find the info from elsewhere. Funny enough i was one of the "lucky" ones to get the flash beta from their service center and uploaded it straight away to Modaco & XDA under the name "supagforce" so chances are if you allready have the beta it was thanks to me.
You know what if anone else wants to finish this list off your more than welcome im tired, and P!$%ED OFF
Edited by tdouble, 14 November 2010 - 02:37 PM.