Doing anything in this message is on your own responsibility, I am in no way responsible to any damage to your device.
to flash firmwares you need the following things:
1. Odin 1.7 and up
2. pit file
3. base rom
4. update rom
procedure is as follows:
1. Backup all data to SD card using something like titanium backup and copy everything you might miss, then remove the sd card and sim card before you begin.
2. Go to samfirmware.com and create account, there under "samsung tablets" ---> 1000 you can find the pt files and roms and Odin
3. You need to install kies once and connect the tab so the driver for it will be installed
4. Click the USB debugging box on settings ---> applications ---> development then reboot.
5. Put your tab in download mode, boot with volume down + power + home until you see "download mode" yellow page, add the files to odin before you connect the tab to the pc
6. in Odin you add the code as pda, modem as phone and csc as csc files, add the files from the jj4 rom to odin, odin must be started before you connect the usb to the pc.
7. The latest rom is JK1 but it is an update rom, so you need to flash JJ4 with repartition marked
8. After jj4 rebooted successfully you can boot and put it in download mode again and flash JK1 without repartition checked cause its only update ROM, no need for pit or any other file.
In the samfirmware.com page for the tablet you can see a link to a youtube video showing how to flash.
remember to look at the line of the Rom you are downloading so you know which pt file you need for each rom.
There are plenty of better guides for this process on xdadevelopers, I showed you the process in broad strokes, either find a better guide or do it with someone who did it before.
here is one guide:
Edited by ranblv, 07 November 2010 - 08:58 AM.