Photo

Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

• Please log in to reply
7805 replies to this topic

azooz87

azooz87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:omnia 2
my storage is gone > how can i install andriod on my device

kydkylin

kydkylin

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:i8000

It sounds like patch o2bupdate.tar.gz has not been applied, unless there something different with the phone in China.

It can be confirmed there may be something different in China with the phone.The patches, the o2update and the sleep fix, have nothing help for the phone.Don't know why and find no solutions till now.Sigh...

Edited by kydkylin, 21 January 2011 - 05:29 PM.

ANGEL_666

ANGEL_666

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Devices:GT I8000

Kernel isn't compiled with drivers. Drivers aren't also published by the team, but by someone else who found them (and these are Samsung drivers).

Yes i know. But i mean not LIBS. i mean MODULES (.ko)

phj

phj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:I8000

Yes i know. But i mean not LIBS. i mean MODULES (.ko)

The 2/3D drivers are from an quite old version of the opensource samsung, modified to work with domain gating enabled....

Bram123

Bram123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung omia 2
Hi,

Seems ok to try out. I like to try it now.

Two quick questions:
1. Is there any risk of trying this out (Phone not starting anymore) ?
2. If a new (better) version comes out how do I override ?

nonione

nonione

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Hi,

Seems ok to try out. I like to try it now.

Two quick questions:
1. Is there any risk of trying this out (Phone not starting anymore) ?
2. If a new (better) version comes out how do I override ?

1. no risk
2. i guess we'll know once the new version is out

ANGEL_666

ANGEL_666

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Devices:GT I8000

The 2/3D drivers are from an quite old version of the opensource samsung, modified to work with domain gating enabled....

Thank you. That's i want to hear. Strange, but fact: i hawe a drivers dated by 2009 from s5p (!) arh/arm. I try to compile it to kernel, and in dmesg they status "initialised". But after that, there is problem whis GL libs... Is it a chance to work, if i'm recompile the modules from latest sources, and replace it in modules folder? (kernel build is the same)
P.S. Do you apply this patches (recommended by Tom3q)?
Attached File  patches.tar.gz   2.25KB   95 downloads

Edited by ANGEL_666, 21 January 2011 - 06:31 PM.

djsolidsnake86

djsolidsnake86

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Devices:i8000 8GB
what is this new file?

elbee72

elbee72

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000, HTC Desire

my storage is lost before. Please tell me how to edit default.txt to install android without my storage

* create fat and ext2 partitions on sd card (with partitionmgr from windows or linux)
* copy untar ext2.tar.gz to ext2 part (from linux)
* copy zImage, haret.exe and default.txt to fat part
* edit default.txt to point to right (ext) part on sd card

there is no guide for this yet, because most people have MyStorage.

For info about Android port to I8000 Omnia 2 (like) winmo phones you can visit http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/

phj

phj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:I8000

Thank you. That's i want to hear. Strange, but fact: i hawe a drivers dated by 2009 from s5p (!) arh/arm. I try to compile it to kernel, and in dmesg they status "initialised". But after that, there is problem whis GL libs... Is it a chance to work, if i'm recompile the modules from latest sources, and replace it in modules folder? (kernel build is the same)

Thanks for the patch - it was not implented, wiil be examined how it works. Regarding the recompile, not fully understand what you ask for ( for ex. what the "latest source" means). But on the trac you can study what was necessary to modify in the original code of the 2d/3d drivers - that part of the svn is up to date...

bobhero

bobhero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Devices:i8000L - Omnia II

Have you folks, or anyone else tried the Tom3q drivers? are they any better than the samsung drivers we are using now?

i8000L
Eboot: JI1
CSC: Bell default

santoo

santoo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
well, I don't want to repeat myself, but after playing with android on my b7610 for 2 days now I can't help myself:

Holly f***ing hell Devs - you are amazing! :lol:

while it's entirely understandable that most folks here are very vocal about how eagerly they/we are waiting for things like wifi, bt, charging and sensors, I think those cries are in *no* proportion to the thanks you should get for what already IS working!

screen works, speakers work, headphones work, mic works, read/write internal storage works, read/write sd-cards works, touch works, keys work, sleep works (well enough), gsm works, fm-radio works, installing new apps works - DAMN, even the couple of games I've tested work!

I was really considering getting rid of my B7610 in favor of an android-device (even though my phone is hardly a year old) - but if your future work is even half as good as what you've done so far -> screw that, my still good HW will finally be running excellent SW - thanks to YOU! :)

BaltazarPinto

BaltazarPinto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

well, I don't want to repeat myself, but after playing with android on my b7610 for 2 days now I can't help myself:

Holly f***ing hell Devs - you are amazing! :lol:

while it's entirely understandable that most folks here are very vocal about how eagerly they/we are waiting for things like wifi, bt, charging and sensors, I think those cries are in *no* proportion to the thanks you should get for what already IS working!

screen works, speakers work, headphones work, mic works, read/write internal storage works, read/write sd-cards works, touch works, keys work, sleep works (well enough), gsm works, fm-radio works, installing new apps works - DAMN, even the couple of games I've tested work!

I was really considering getting rid of my B7610 in favor of an android-device (even though my phone is hardly a year old) - but if your future work is even half as good as what you've done so far -> screw that, my still good HW will finally be running excellent SW - thanks to YOU! :)

Exactly my thoughts .. well done

aposhtol

aposhtol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-I8000

anyone have an idea on how to install usb driver for our phone while using android? the guide doesnt help. pls pls pls. i need to install angry birds

For anyone who wants to connect phone to PC via USB:

1. Download and install New PC Studio (check Vista compatibility mode on Windows 7). I've dowloaded it from here: http://www.samsungmo...areNpsUpdate.do

It's a 1.4.0.IL2 version. It will install USB driver.

2. For accessing your phone (installing apks, file management etc.) I recommend QtADB with libs:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtadb/files/QtADB%200.7.6/

If your phone don't get recognized after connecting to PC, disconnect it and go to Setting->Applications->Development and then disable and again enable USB debugging. Then reconnect to PC.

Edited by aposhtol, 21 January 2011 - 10:09 PM.

radie

radie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

1. Download and install New PC Studio. I've dowloaded it from here: http://www.samsungmo...areNpsUpdate.do

2. For accessing your phone (installing apks, file management etc.) I reccomend QtADB

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtadb/

If your phone don't get recognized after connecting to PC, disconnect it and go to Setting->Applications->Development and then disable and again enable USB debugging. Then reconnect to PC.

i tried running qtadb but error comes up. missing mingwm10.dll. any suggestion?

aposhtol

aposhtol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-I8000

i tried running qtadb but error comes up. missing mingwm10.dll. any suggestion?

Download latest version "with libs" for your OS here:

http://sourceforge.n...es/QtADB 0.7.6/

radie

radie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
guide on installing usb driver.

http://theunlockr.co...ndroid-devices/

koko5800

koko5800

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:omnia

* create fat and ext2 partitions on sd card (with partitionmgr from windows or linux)
* copy untar ext2.tar.gz to ext2 part (from linux)
* copy zImage, haret.exe and default.txt to fat part
* edit default.txt to point to right (ext) part on sd card

there is no guide for this yet, because most people have MyStorage.

i formated my 16gb sd card to 14gb fat and 2gb ext2 and i did what you say and i copied the ext2.tar.gz from linux then run haret but it didn't work
is this the only steps ?

ftd01

ftd01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:omnia 2
How to fix wifi? please help. I can only connect 5sec.

bobhero

bobhero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Devices:i8000L - Omnia II

1. Download and install New PC Studio. I've dowloaded it from here: http://www.samsungmo...areNpsUpdate.do

Running win 7 64, it says wrong version and wont install.

i8000L
Eboot: JI1
CSC: Bell default

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users