Slightly newer Flash Player for the Vega

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Pyr0x64

isn't the version on the market newer again? (10.1.105.6)

[edit] nevermind, the one from the market doesn't work :D

thanks for the update Paul :P

Edited by Pyr0x64

• 3 weeks later...

I posted this is in the main R5 thread, but worth repeating here too..

I installed 1.06.5 and have baked an R5 udate with the PP, and applied it successfully, but I noticed flash wasn't working, so went to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and installed it from the APK, but I noticed that this is the v10.1.xx.18 original Flash APK as supplied by Advent.. I installed that, but Flash sites like iPlayer wheren't that stable/quick..

So I had a look and saw this thread, realised there was supposed to be a newer version included in R5, but I couldn't find the v10.1.95.22 APK as Paul links to in this post anywhere on the device, so I downloaded it (I had to use a mirror, the Modaco Load Balancing link just downloads something that is 110Kb), and installed that..

It's made flash sites quicker and more stable!

Is this a slight oversight by Paul? If so, I'd suggest at the very least people download the v10.1.95.22 version above and install that, it does make a nice difference!

I posted this is in the main R5 thread, but worth repeating here too..

I installed 1.06.5 and have baked an R5 udate with the PP, and applied it successfully, but I noticed flash wasn't working, so went to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and installed it from the APK, but I noticed that this is the v10.1.xx.18 original Flash APK as supplied by Advent.. I installed that, but Flash sites like iPlayer wheren't that stable/quick..

So I had a look and saw this thread, realised there was supposed to be a newer version included in R5, but I couldn't find the v10.1.95.22 APK as Paul links to in this post anywhere on the device, so I downloaded it (I had to use a mirror, the Modaco Load Balancing link just downloads something that is 110Kb), and installed that..

It's made flash sites quicker and more stable!

Is this a slight oversight by Paul? If so, I'd suggest at the very least people download the v10.1.95.22 version above and install that, it does make a nice difference!

Sorry , where can we get this newer version from.... thanks

Could someone test something for me please?

I have the last Vega 1.06.5 with R5 and I have installed the v10.1.95.22 flash APk from above. Can someone go to http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/tron-evolu...mins?size=large on the Vega, I'm using Dolphin HD and tell me if the video runs smoothly and doesn't freeze.

Thanks

Edited by Burns

Could someone test something for me please?

I have the last Vega 1.06.5 with R5 and I have installed the v10.1.95.22 flash APk from above. Can someone go to http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/tron-evolu...mins?size=large on the Vega, I'm using Dolphin HD and tell me if the video runs smoothly and doesn't freeze.

Thanks

1.06.5 + R5 + performance + Flash v10.1.95.18. High quality video freezes at 10 seconds audio plays normally and then unfreezes sometime after 1 minute, Normal quality plays fine. 720p just putsd a ! up and doesn't play at all.

HTH

1.06.5 + R5 + performance + Flash v10.1.95.18. High quality video freezes at 10 seconds audio plays normally and then unfreezes sometime after 1 minute, Normal quality plays fine. 720p just putsd a ! up and doesn't play at all.

HTH

[/q]

Thanks for that, had exactly the same.