Where to buy your Vega!

• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

Tenacioustina

Tenacioustina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Yeah I always check Junk mail, but nothing there.

So is pixmania from the same group as Currys?

andrewg12345

andrewg12345

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Yeah I always check Junk mail, but nothing there.

So is pixmania from the same group as Currys?

Yes, its the euro arm, can be cheaper than the uk, but beware if you need to send it back, also plug conectors are somtimes different, they may supply adapters on some items. I bought a monitor a few years ago a lot cheaper than the uk.

DiGi40

DiGi40

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:vega / i5700

Yes, its the euro arm, can be cheaper than the uk, but beware if you need to send it back, also plug conectors are somtimes different, they may supply adapters on some items. I bought a monitor a few years ago a lot cheaper than the uk.

I ordered over a week and half ago, constantly on the phone to them and sending emails, just to recieve the SORRY email this morning..... I would advise anyone else against ordering with this shambles of a company, they have to be the worst I have ever dealt with and thats saying something..... I have asked for a full refund bet I have to wait for that, they didnt as they got it right away from me.....

mclanecxantia

mclanecxantia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2 android 2.2
will there be new stock one day ??

no twitter. no stock post... whats going on in uk?

mifran

mifran

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

it remains a problem: how do NON uk-native customers order ?

is there a way for foreign customers to get that pad ?
also: i cannot sit behind the PC all day long to order a tablet-pc.
i have a life. a girl, a child. i have to work myself.
i come home late from work. to see the stock beeing sold out.

contact alex zhou [email protected] order VCPAD10NV you need to get more than 1 on order to get better price for shipping

He cannot sell to the UK because he already has an agent here IE dixons group this is the vega

mifran

aintcrackedityet

aintcrackedityet

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

I ordered over a week and half ago, constantly on the phone to them and sending emails, just to recieve the SORRY email this morning..... I would advise anyone else against ordering with this shambles of a company, they have to be the worst I have ever dealt with and thats saying something..... I have asked for a full refund bet I have to wait for that, they didnt as they got it right away from me.....

I had mine delivered this morning from an order 2 weeks ago. No email, no warning, just turned up.

aintcrackedityet

andrewg12345

andrewg12345

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

I had mine delivered this morning from an order 2 weeks ago. No email, no warning, just turned up.

aintcrackedityet

Was this from pixmainia? ;)

OwenRW

OwenRW

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, HP Touchpad

Was this from pixmainia? :P

I got mine on Tuesday from Pixmania, got a dispatch email about an hour before it arrived, although I knew it was coming as I rang them the day before and got a tracking number. Posted this from it ;)

andyh1877

andyh1877

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:htc desire hd
no sure how good or reliable this site is but came across it today
http://www.redstore.com/ADVNOT001

toibs

toibs

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Iphone 4 / Orange SF

no sure how good or reliable this site is but came across it today
http://www.redstore.com/ADVNOT001

Nope. Also they are lying on their website.

Called them this morning, since i also noticed their availability.

The website says they are "at hub", which according to their description means "This product is in stock, but not at our shipping warehouse. It will take 1 or 2 days for the product to be called off, before it is shipped out to you. The product will generally be called off once your order has been placed."

However on calling them, this is NOT in stock at their warehouse, not at their suppliers warehouse. They quote over 2 weeks for delivery. I explained that their website stated that they have stock available to them, however was basically given the "oh no you misunderstand". The fact that they contradicted exactly what was in front of me was concerning - suspect that they just have it listed to get orders in, which is naughty.

So - back to the usual sources i'm afraid!

Paul

ho66es

ho66es

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@na
Mine arrived today pre noon (ordered from pcworld saturday morning) 30 mins after I got home the case and screen protector arrived. Flashed with new rom and apps installed. touch wood seems to be working fine. Skype appears broke using r4-vega-modacocustomromaddon-unsigned (dated 30-11).
**paid my dues :) and got the latest rom from the kitchen now skype works, though to use video chat between tablet and pc the only solution appears to be yahoo messenger for now. Tablet cam is useless (see below note re protector).

I like the screen protector, has a nicer feel and better anti glare. Installed with no bubbles with help of daughter :)
**do not put on protector without cutting a hole in relevant spot if you wish to use camera! I am now faced with the task of trying to cut a hole without ruining the screen and/or the protector**

Unable to get google maps to see bluetooth gps although its paired.
** all mapping now working, as well as being paired I needed an app 'bt gps enabler'sp installed before it would play**

So far very impressed with vega, case and screen protector.
**only real hurdle left is video conferencing with protector in place**

Edited by ho66es, 10 December 2010 - 08:28 AM.

amarko5

amarko5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2 and a Desire + vega

Unable to get google maps to see bluetooth gps although its paired.

So far very impressed with vega, case and screen protector.

use a app called bluetooth gps enabler (free in the market) runs in the background and gives maps access to the GPS

DiGi40

DiGi40

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:vega / i5700
I would suggest strongly to anyone who will listen NOT to go with PIXMANIA..... Order and everything went through validated ect, rang numerous times to make sure, emailed several times as well, all was well as far as I knew I was going to get the tablet, then came the SORRY email and WE ARE NOT GETTING ANYMORE IN STOCK, have now opened a case with PAYPAL, I paid them or should I say they took £220.60 from me which I thought was very reasonable, they now only want to give me £203.60 back after cancelling the order.

This company is a shambles and again to anyone who reads this or has ears to hear me I will tell this tale, there customer service people dont know there arse from there elbows.

please tell this to anyone who thinks of ordering from them, in the long run I would rather bang my head against a brick wall than deal with them.

p.s. congratulations to anyone who has got anywhere with them, although I think this will not be :) many

Edited by DiGi40, 09 December 2010 - 11:00 PM.

Tenacioustina

Tenacioustina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I think they are all the same, I'm having the same problem with Currys. At least you have been told what is going on and they have emailed you I have had nothing and when I call CS they just lie !!!!!

andrewg12345

andrewg12345

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

I would suggest strongly to anyone who will listen NOT to go with PIXMANIA..... Order and everything went through validated ect, rang numerous times to make sure, emailed several times as well, all was well as far as I knew I was going to get the tablet, then came the SORRY email and WE ARE NOT GETTING ANYMORE IN STOCK, have now opened a case with PAYPAL, I paid them or should I say they took £220.60 from me which I thought was very reasonable, they now only want to give me £203.60 back after cancelling the order.

This company is a shambles and again to anyone who reads this or has ears to hear me I will tell this tale, there customer service people dont know there arse from there elbows.

please tell this to anyone who thinks of ordering from them, in the long run I would rather bang my head against a brick wall than deal with them.
p.s. congratulations to anyone who has got anywhere with them, although I think this will not be :) many

When you placed your order you probably also ordered the "postage discount deal" which was an opt out option in your basket, I removed this item when I ordered. So looks like they have NOT refunded you that.

Bisto321

Bisto321

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero

I am now faced with the task of trying to cut a hole without ruining the screen and/or the protector**

Has anyone tried laying the protector over the tab before the first peel, marking camera centre with marker pen and then using a hole punch? I did that with a protector once and it worked well, punch has to be nice and sharp.

ho66es

ho66es

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@na

Has anyone tried laying the protector over the tab before the first peel, marking camera centre with marker pen and then using a hole punch? I did that with a protector once and it worked well, punch has to be nice and sharp.

thats my plan with next protector :)

mclanecxantia

mclanecxantia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2 android 2.2
i still have no advent vega. i don't have it because you cannot really buy it. its mostly sold out.

ok. there is a guy at twitter and he sometimes says: now we have stock. order !

but i cannot wait a week until this single moment comes.
i have a life.
a child.
a girl. a job. i do mainly do my job. and when i look when there was stock,
its sold out.

maybe if somebody has nothing else to do but to surf internet and wait until the twitter call comes,
run to the pc and try to order... maybe... then he could order one unit.

whatever.
i think i give it up and order the adam ink notion. at least it is possible to do the preorder.
and it is even possible to to do it world wide, where the advent vega is only sold to customers
in uk.

Edited by mclanecxantia, 10 December 2010 - 09:37 PM.

phil-t

phil-t

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Dixons/currys show instock as of 11:30 today, so on the off chance I ordered one, you never know, they might actually have some.. :)

Edited by phil-t, 11 December 2010 - 12:23 PM.

AndiTails

AndiTails

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S III
  • Twitter:@AndiTails
phil-t Ditto. You never know.. :)

/// Andi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users