New System Image (14/12/2010)

Guest OwenRW

Guest rvdgeer

Sorry for being a little off topic here but:

looks like we have a lot of ROM chefs here, eager to start cooking some badass ROMs for the Vega!

How long before we have a fully optimized, fully customizable, heavily tweaked and extended Vega ROM? :)

No offense to you Paul, but as soon as all the bits and parts are available (or leaked0 we will only think of this Modaco Custom ROM add-on with performance pack (r4) as a great first step toward something even better...

:)

(Please don't wake me, yet! :()

Sorry for being a little off topic here but:

looks like we have a lot of ROM chefs here, eager to start cooking some badass ROMs for the Vega!

How long before we have a fully optimized, fully customizable, heavily tweaked and extended Vega ROM? :)

No offense to you Paul, but as soon as all the bits and parts are available (or leaked0 we will only think of this Modaco Custom ROM add-on with performance pack (r4) as a great first step toward something even better...

:)

(Please don't wake me, yet! :()

We need the source code, without that we r just twiddling our fingers. As we can't use the nvidia harmony git as Paul tried and the Vega didn't boot.

Guest emergant
Any ideas what 'H5PS1G83EFR-S6C_V24_0625.bct' which is included in the updater package is for?

Googling for H5PS1G83EFR-S6C seems to imply it's going to have soemthign to do with the memory, as this seems to be the part number for some Hynix manufactured RAM chips.

The .bct file is very low level stuff i think. Its used in apx mode on the tegra platform and is used when using nvflash to flash a new firmware. I think messing with that file may brick the device. Im gueseing it relates to the bootloader

The .bct file is very low level stuff i think. Its used in apx mode on the tegra platform and is used when using nvflash to flash a new firmware. I think messing with that file may brick the device. Im gueseing it relates to the bootloader

I wasn't going to mess with it :)

I was just curious, as it isn't present in the other updates... they have a flash.bct (as does this one) but the new update also has the aforementioned file, so I wondered what it changed / updated.

Guest emergant
I wasn't going to mess with it :)

I was just curious, as it isn't present in the other updates... they have a flash.bct (as does this one) but the new update also has the aforementioned file, so I wondered what it changed / updated.

See what you mean. Im not at my laptop where i made my notes at the moment so Im going from memory. It may be the flash.bct Im thinking of then :). I must admit I dont know why youd need both. Perhaps its unrelated.

Guest emergant
See what you mean. Im not at my laptop where i made my notes at the moment so Im going from memory. It may be the flash.bct Im thinking of then :). I must admit I dont know why youd need both. Perhaps its unrelated.

New:

nvflash.exe --bct H5PS1G83EFR-S6C_V24_0625.bct --setbct --bl bootloader.bin --configfile flash.cfg --odmdata 0x000c0075 --create --go

Old

nvflash.exe --bct flash.bct --setbct --bl bootloader.bin --configfile flash.cfg --odmdata 0x000c0075 --create --go

Okay when flashing the new update flash.bct is redundant and unused by the looks of things. Dont ask me what the change is though.

I flashed it, and one noticable change is that now when you turn it on, instead of saying Android... it says Booting...

Also, when i put it the Vega recovery mode to flash the new update, the screen had a message that said something along the lines of...

Entering NvFlash recovery mode / Nv3p Server

...which i've not noticed it do before.

Is this the recovery mode we've been looking for, or is this normal?

Edited by OwenRW

Most if not all should wait for Paul :)

ok so correct procedure is:??

1/ backup apps

2/ apply advent rom upgrade

3/ apply R5 from Paul

4/ restore apps from previous backup

??

step 2/ can this be done using intsructions at http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/softwareupdatemanual.pdf or http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/full_system_...nstructions.pdf ? this is the one I am unsure of. The first seems simpler but I haven't read of anyone using this (could well have missed it)

thanks in advance