New System Image (14/12/2010)

Guest OwenRW

Oooh, nice, anyone flashed and can confirm any changes?

New MCR add-on pack will be for 1.06.5 (and will, of course, include Flash)...

P

Unfortunately I'm at work, so I don't have mine with me. I assume the lack of Flash accounts for the new image being ~2MB smaller?

Guest MonkeyBoy451
Oooh, nice, anyone flashed and can confirm any changes?

New MCR add-on pack will be for 1.06.5 (and will, of course, include Flash)...

P

excellent - I'll try and have a go later at flashing if I get a break from work today - working from home has its benefits sometimes!

Kernel Version - 2.6.32.9_P10_v1.06.5_20101213_DIX_uk

EC version 0.0.0 ???

build no: harmony 2.2 frf91 20101206.154717

Edited by castab

According to the list of apps that are installed, these have been added...

387168  /system/app/Calendar.apk

92968  /system/app/Protips.apk

Any ideas what they do?

Cant find Protips and Calendar seems same as before, allowing you to configure an exchange account.

Any ideas what 'H5PS1G83EFR-S6C_V24_0625.bct' which is included in the updater package is for?

Googling for H5PS1G83EFR-S6C seems to imply it's going to have soemthign to do with the memory, as this seems to be the part number for some Hynix manufactured RAM chips.

Guest boffboff

Sorry to hijack the this thread but is it worth installing the new 1.06.5 system image? Does the existing R4 MCR + PP install ok or better to wait for R5? (If it's in the works.)

Currently on 1.04 + R4 MCR + PP and not had any problems other than the full screen notification pull-down.

See 2nd post boffboff - "New MCR add-on pack will be for 1.06.5 (and will, of course, include Flash)..."

So I wouldn't bother installing yet if you're happy with 1.04.

Edited by castab

Guest software

Anyone know if they made any new announcements about the kernel sources? Last I saw was a cryptic message on twitter that they would check on the sources.

http://twitter.com/AdventVega/status/12539327057760256

They seam to respond to other questions but avoid responding on the questions about the kernel sources.

I really hope they release it soon I really really want CIFS and TUN/TAP support on my Vega. I really don't see why they don't release it immediately. It shouldn't be a lot of work or time consuming for them to tar.gz the source files out of there svn and put them on their website.

Edited by software

Guest removed-14
Not too surprising really seems a bit silly to remove it though. Surely the Tegra 2 chpiset must have been certified by Adobe by now?

At least it looks like we will (probably) get an optmised version in the new year for the Vega.

I don't think they have had a choice. It would be like putting the Market on only for Google to tell them to remove it.

Guest boffboff
See 2nd post boffboff - "New MCR add-on pack will be for 1.06.5 (and will, of course, include Flash)..."

So I wouldn't bother installing yet if you're happy with 1.04.

Yeah, sorry, skimmed the first few posts in my eagerness to post!

Ta!

Guest Sir Gash
Anyone know if they made any new announcements about the kernel sources? Last I saw was a cryptic message on twitter that they would check on the sources.

http://twitter.com/AdventVega/status/12539327057760256

They seam to respond to other questions but avoid responding on the questions about the kernel sources.

I really hope they release it soon I really really want CIFS and TUN/TAP support on my Vega. I really don't see why they don't release it immediately. It shouldn't be a lot of work or time consuming for them to tar.gz the source files out of there svn and put them on their website.

Second that! Really want to have CIFS working on the Vega.