Photo

08 Aug Gr15 GRJ22: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Nexus S with Online Kitchen

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

Brian L

Brian L

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@brian6685
Hrm when I try to download from my phone the file size is like 650kb. Am I doing something wrong because I know that's not right on my end.
Edit: maybe that is what people are flashing?

Edited by Brian L, 23 December 2010 - 01:17 PM.

jdmsirek4

jdmsirek4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
  • Twitter:@ZohebMohammed
does anyone have a mirror to paul's r2 wip rom......i cant seem to download it. errrrrrrrr!!!!

AndiTails

AndiTails

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S III
  • Twitter:@AndiTails

OK, so i've wiped, re-downloaded, re-flashed and it's all working (and it didn't flash super-fast).

The only thing I can think of is that the version of clockworkmod recovery you're using isn't the latest? I'm using 3.0.0.0?

P

Ah, possibly...
Think the original rooting guides linked to an older 2.3.something version?

*flashes latest* Ah yes, very different!
Ok, let's try again...

Right, yes, it's taking a lot longer to flash now!
*reboots*

Yup! Look's good.

So - anyone else - make sure you update your Recovery to 3.0.0.0. I did mine via ROM Manager (since the phone was already root'd) so took 10 secs. Nice and easy.

/// Andi

RickyG3188

RickyG3188

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One, Nexus S

Hi Paul,

Flashing from ClockworkMod, I wipe Dalvik, then Factory Reset, and Cache again, just to make sure. Flash - seems to go fine (but only takes about 6 seconds?). Seems to be no errors, but the "Writing system.." is pretty quick?

Reboot.
"Google"
Been hung on that for 10 mins now...

WIP r2 from above. Have checked MD5 - perfect match.
Yay for nandroid :)
Sorry - can't do more checks, etc, I need the phone back up and running!

I'm also having the same issue, "Writing system.." takes about 2-3 seconds. I'm running ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.8 and it stayed stuck on the "Google" for about 10 seconds when I took the battery and went to the bootloader screen and flashed superboot for GRH78. The device rebooted automatically and booted up just fine but did not flash the ROM whatsoever.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,217 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
You need the latest recovery - 3.0.0.0.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,217 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Note that to flash this ROM you MUST be using 3.0.0.0 or above of ClockworkMod recovery. You can flash this via ROM Manager, or using 'fastboot flash recovery' by downloading the image from here.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

RickyG3188

RickyG3188

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One, Nexus S

Ah, possibly...

Ok, let's try again...

*reboots*

Yup! Look's good.

So - anyone else - make sure you update your Recovery to 3.0.0.0. I did mine via ROM Manager (since the phone was already root'd) so took 10 secs. Nice and easy.

Thanks bro, that's exactly what was happening to me. Problem fixed now

Hrm when I try to download from my phone the file size is like 650kb. Am I doing something wrong because I know that's not right on my end.
Edit: maybe that is what people are flashing?

Same was happening to me so I just downloaded it off my computer and transferred it via usb

GodDriven

GodDriven

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop, of course, or why would I be an MC!

Android, the little green giant!
  • Devices:HTC Thunderbolt
  • Twitter:@PlankLongBeard

Thanks bro, that's exactly what was happening to me. Problem fixed now
Same was happening to me so I just downloaded it off my computer and transferred it via usb

Is anybody else having flashing error's with 3.0.0.0? When I try and update from r1 I get an aborted message.. :)

I downloaded from the site via the device since I can't download and transfer via my work computer. Extra ;)

Edited by GodDriven, 23 December 2010 - 02:49 PM.

MistaJae

MistaJae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Nexus S

Ah, possibly...

Ok, let's try again...

*reboots*

Yup! Look's good.

Confirmed.

I also updated my recovery to Clockwork 3.0.0.0 and r2 has installed fine and booted properly. The problem seems to be with Clockwork Recovery 2.5.1.8.

Thanks guys!

jdmsirek4

jdmsirek4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
  • Twitter:@ZohebMohammed
thanks Paul and keep up the great work!!!!!!!

GodDriven

GodDriven

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Still getting " (bad) Installation Aborted " when trying to install :-( With CW 3.0.0.0

I also see it shows 698 bytes when I download, is it suppose to be this small? Or could it be that I am downloading from the Nexus?

I'm sorry I'm searching the thread and don't see anyone else having thsi same issue.. Guess I will try this when I get to an "Official CPU"

Edited by GodDriven, 23 December 2010 - 02:48 PM.

MistaJae

MistaJae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Still getting " (bad) Installation Aborted " when trying to install :-( With CW 3.0.0.0

I also see it shows 698 bytes when I download, is it suppose to be this small? Or could it be that I am downloading from the Nexus?

I'm sorry I'm searching the thread and don't see anyone else having thsi same issue.. Guess I will try this when I get to an "Official CPU"

The file I downloaded was 93.1MB. You may want to try and download it from a computer instead

GodDriven

GodDriven

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

The file I downloaded was 93.1MB. You may want to try and download it from a computer instead

Thank You.. Thank You... :D

I figured it was something like that.. It has always happened.. Ever since the N1 ;) Paul must be ashamed of me.. smh.. :)

MistaJae

MistaJae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
This ROM is fast & smooth. Not come across any issues yet. Everything seems to work just fine!

Thanks Paul, you are a legend!

GodDriven

GodDriven

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

This ROM is fast & smooth. Not come across any issues yet. Everything seems to work just fine!

Thanks Paul, you are a legend!

After the update with the EXT addition :D Data seems to be more consistent and faster. Applications open faster and caching time is highly reduced. ;)

Thanks P :)

IntoTheVoid

IntoTheVoid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S
  • Twitter:@M_Khan
Flashed and up and running nice and smooth. Thanks Paul! and thanks incorporating the EXT mod.

Jack H

Jack H

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S, Nexus One, +++
Can anyone tell me what the benchmark app is that Paul has shown a screenshot of?

Loving the speed of my nexus s. Shame it's so large though. Can't wait to try this Rom.

Dope M.S.R.

Dope M.S.R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
Any one having a market issue? I am in USA and after i have installed r2 I seem to not be able to download g4tv's app... also then any idea how to fix??? other then that awesome ROM!!!

URPREY

URPREY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Nexus
  • Twitter:@BillStebbins
Working great so far. Thanks Paul!

Galaxy Nexus..:..rooted..:..CM9..:..Verizon
Galaxy Note..:..rooted..:..Straight Talk AT&T

lpasq

lpasq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & WiFi Xoom

Any one having a market issue? I am in USA and after i have installed r2 I seem to not be able to download g4tv's app... also then any idea how to fix??? other then that awesome ROM!!!

can confirm market issue unable to see g4tv or nytimes. also flash gives green screen and no video. for a wip, great start to gbread custom rom. no issues worth going back to stock. looking forward to r3. thanks paul.

E/Web Console(  718):  at :0
E/Web Console(  718): Unable to post message to http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net. Recipient has origin http://www.shadownet.info.
D/flashplayer(  718): FlashPaintSurface is RGB_565 (not OpenGL)
E/Web Console(  718):  at :1
E/Web Console(  718): Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://www.shadownet.info/channels/usa/fox-news.html from frame with URL http://view.atdmt.com/SLC/iview/285969540/direct/01/448162186?click=http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/aclk%3Fsa%3DL%26ai%3DB9Ps9ZzYUTdixM5f0jASUr-mKCNaX1-0BrsmHgRvW08T6QtDbtwEQARgBIO--ig84AFDkpYD6BGDJxv-GyKOQGbIBEnd3dy5zaGFkb3duZXQuaW5mb7oBCTQ2OHg2MF9hc8gBCdoBNGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuc2hhZG9
bmV0LmluZm8vY2hhbm5lbHMvdXNhL2ZveC1uZXdzLmh0bWy4AhjAAgTIAu6hqBioAwHRA6FOIG_jDD5g
AMQ6APnAvUDAAACxPUDIAAAAA%26num%3D1%26sig%3DAGiWqty-XvNVBy0llI8yhgka6JZkI4Xufw%26client%3Dca-pub-5958821561171497%26adurl%3D. Domains, protocols and ports must match.
D/dalvikvm(  718): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 814K, 53% free 3317K/7047K, external 2487K/2696K, paused 43ms
D/AudioHardware(   90): AudioHardware pcm playback is exiting standby.
W/AudioFlinger(   90): write blocked for 141 msecs, 1 delayed writes, thread 0xcb10
D/dalvikvm(  117): GC_CONCURRENT freed 2045K, 48% free 6101K/11591K, external 5476K/6292K, paused 9ms+19ms
D/dalvikvm(  117): GC_CONCURRENT freed 2036K, 49% free 6023K/11591K, external 5476K/6292K, paused 9ms+7ms
D/dalvikvm(  117): GC_CONCURRENT freed 2009K, 49% free 6027K/11591K, external 5476K/6292K, paused 5ms+28ms
W/webview (  718): Miss a drag as we are waiting for WebCore's response for touch down.
D/dalvikvm(  718): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 1122K, 55% free 3370K/7431K, external 2487K/2696K, paused 39ms
W/webview (  718): Miss a drag as we are waiting for WebCore's response for touch down.
D/dalvikvm(  897): GC_EXPLICIT freed 20K, 53% free 2562K/5379K, external 1625K/2137K, paused 692ms
D/AudioHardware(   90): AudioHardware pcm playback is going to standby.
I/OMXCodec(  718): [OMX.SEC.AVC.Decoder] allocating 5 buffers of size 115200 on input port

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users